XPO | Where do I start?

acce

TB Lurker
Credits
Fact: I am currently employed here at Com-Way. Short for Communist. It seems to me that it could also have ties to (⊙▃⊙) Germany. Fact: All our priviliges are being taken away. Certain management practices are forcing the good employee to have second thoughts. I am totally convinced that we are no longer seperated as a stand alone freight company. We are no longer better then the Worldcom's and the Enrons. We are just the same. Infact we are worse. To think when I started with the company a few years back I thought I was working for a new company with new ideas. Just to be shown that cmwy is no different than any-other company that I have worked for. The company doesn't believe in all of the 4 stars. But it forces the weak too. First its the sick days, then its the pension, the insurance, the closing of terminals, the rumors that cmwy will follow suit and take our money that we earn away. When will it stop? Well.. Thats it for now. I hope all that were stuck at re-ship last night were able to start your trucks. Oh yeah the stockholders and the CEO's are getting rich but they can't buy decent blended fuel? One last thing: are there any venture capitalists out here that want to invest in a company that will let the employee's own? If so contact me. Let the employee that cares run the company. It will pay off for all in the end. Unlike here.

Thanks for your time

I understand.......

Fact: I am currently employed here at Com-Way. Short for Communist. It seems to me that it could also have ties to (⊙▃⊙) Germany. Fact: All our priviliges are being taken away. Certain management practices are forcing the good employee to have second thoughts. I am totally convinced that we are no longer seperated as a stand alone freight company. We are no longer better then the Worldcom's and the Enrons. We are just the same. Infact we are worse. To think when I started with the company a few years back I thought I was working for a new company with new ideas. Just to be shown that cmwy is no different than any-other company that I have worked for. The company doesn't believe in all of the 4 stars. But it forces the weak too. First its the sick days, then its the pension, the insurance, the closing of terminals, the rumors that cmwy will follow suit and take our money that we earn away. When will it stop? Well.. Thats it for now. I hope all that were stuck at re-ship last night were able to start your trucks. Oh yeah the stockholders and the CEO's are getting rich but they can't buy decent blended fuel? One last thing: are there any venture capitalists out here that want to invest in a company that will let the employee's own? If so contact me. Let the employee that cares run the company. It will pay off for all in the end. Unlike here.

Thanks for your time

your frustration. It used to be a great company to work for.

Thanks for your time

I agree, this isn't the same company I hired on at. Somewhere along the way the lost the service excellence value & if they would just take the chance to understand that happy employees help when the customers see us on a daily basis.

Con-way isnt the same company it once was. The same company that stood out from the large crowd of LTL Carriers. The one that put the customer first beyond everything else.

I was a long term Con-Way employee that was let go without warning on Dec 5th 2008.
ALot of the terminals lost their entire CSR staff, leaving nothing but FOS's and SCM'S to try and do everything. DUties and task that had not training no idea, how to even remotely begin to figure out.

Leaving them with no time, to cater to the customers that way they were accustomed to being catered to. the one thing that made Con-Way stand out in the crowd..
Leaving them with putting in 14-16 hrs a day to try and manage everything.

It is my understanding that customers are complaining, customers that took years and years to build. that suddenly feel abandoned. It is my understanding that a "Call Center" is in the works in Ann Arbor, to accomodate the customers. But what nobody seems to understand, is that lack of personal service, the idea of having to call an 800 number and dial 1 and then 2 then 8 then hold until somebody has time for them.
just puts Con-Way on the customers long list of LTL carriers to choose from. Con-Way was once a carrier that stood out, alot of customers were willing to pay more, tO pay the premium price, because they were assured the kind of customer service they needed
they had that local contact they knew they could call, and whatever the need was, they could ask and it was done period!!

At the very least this change was very poor planning, the one thing that needed to be considered to be put first was the customer, and their needs. Instead they feel abandoned, and have lost faith in the carrier they has taken care of them for so many years. Their just isnt staff left to attend to their needs the way they have been accustomed to. and then being forced to call an 800 number in the future, it just makes Con-Way the same as everyone else.

it is really really sad,

There are no plans for a call center in Ann Arbor...They have seen how that destroyed YRC and they will not make the same mistake...

But we continue to make the same mistakes that helped put CF in the ground, ie.. wayyy too top-heavy in the management department, and we bring bean counters from YRC. Who's to say that the individuals we brought over from YRC didn't play a big part in creating that mess?

But we continue to make the same mistakes that helped put CF in the ground, ie.. wayyy too top-heavy in the management department, and we bring bean counters from YRC. Who's to say that the individuals we brought over from YRC didn't play a big part in creating that mess?

Well, we brought "a" bean counter from YRC, who, by all accounts, is excellent at what he does...remember, he is just that, a bean counter, and also a messenger...his job is to tell those in charge when the bean jar is starting to look really jacked up, like he did at YRC...It also gives him the advantage in resume preparation and networking because he sees the jacked up bean jar before anyone else...Hence, he now works for Con-way...he doesn't decide "what" to do with the beans, that is left to those in charge...He is the keeper of the jar, as it were...

Con-way isnt the same company it once was. The same company that stood out from the large crowd of LTL Carriers. The one that put the customer first beyond everything else.

I was a long term Con-Way employee that was let go without warning on Dec 5th 2008.
ALot of the terminals lost their entire CSR staff, leaving nothing but FOS's and SCM'S to try and do everything. DUties and task that had not training no idea, how to even remotely begin to figure out.

Leaving them with no time, to cater to the customers that way they were accustomed to being catered to. the one thing that made Con-Way stand out in the crowd..
Leaving them with putting in 14-16 hrs a day to try and manage everything.

It is my understanding that customers are complaining, customers that took years and years to build. that suddenly feel abandoned. It is my understanding that a "Call Center" is in the works in Ann Arbor, to accomodate the customers. But what nobody seems to understand, is that lack of personal service, the idea of having to call an 800 number and dial 1 and then 2 then 8 then hold until somebody has time for them.
just puts Con-Way on the customers long list of LTL carriers to choose from. Con-Way was once a carrier that stood out, alot of customers were willing to pay more, tO pay the premium price, because they were assured the kind of customer service they needed
they had that local contact they knew they could call, and whatever the need was, they could ask and it was done period!!

At the very least this change was very poor planning, the one thing that needed to be considered to be put first was the customer, and their needs. Instead they feel abandoned, and have lost faith in the carrier they has taken care of them for so many years. Their just isnt staff left to attend to their needs the way they have been accustomed to. and then being forced to call an 800 number in the future, it just makes Con-Way the same as everyone else.

it is really really sad,

Bewildered ,

Good to see after 17 years you have chosen to
see the " BIG PICTURE " of CNW !

All the evidence has been abundantly available for atleast 10 of those years .

You are correct very very sad .

Just4Thought

So they are expecting all of the customer service to be handled by the supervisors and managers long term??? Seriously... that is crazy....

Well, we brought "a" bean counter from YRC, who, by all accounts, is excellent at what he does...remember, he is just that, a bean counter, and also a messenger...his job is to tell those in charge when the bean jar is starting to look really jacked up, like he did at YRC...It also gives him the advantage in resume preparation and networking because he sees the jacked up bean jar before anyone else...Hence, he now works for Con-way...he doesn't decide "what" to do with the beans, that is left to those in charge...He is the keeper of the jar, as it were...

If you read his Bio you will see he made CFO at YRC in (IIRC) December of 07 and bailed less than 9 months later...should tell something about the goings on at YRC.

:smilie_132:

Not in all places, but perhaps in small places...and does it get crazy..?? I would imagine so...from time to time...

we are still fully staffed here at xac...over staffed if you ask me but i am just a driver..our csrs come and go when they please and have horrible attendance.. i wish i could give you one

we are still fully staffed here at xac...over staffed if you ask me but i am just a driver..our csrs come and go when they please and have horrible attendance.. i wish i could give you one
I wish you'd give some of your drivers away, I can name a few that are useless.:nutkick:

yes it is the smaller facilites that lost their entire CSR staff. Something that has certainly changed my life forever. I am no longer employed but it really weighs heavy on me the impact this has had on the customers. Customers/relationships that took years to build. I am being told by people that the customers are complaining, they are feeling abandonded by Con-Way. That they no longer see Con-Way as anything special,
they are now using the "Cheaper" LTL carriers, due to the fact if they cant count on the same kind of "Customer Service" they have always received, why pay the higher rate?
I guess another thing on my mind is "Audit Compliance", I mean how can the small staff left handle things the way they are suppose to be, I mean OS&D in itself is a full time job. and when it is handled properly and timely, you have claims being paid for freight sitting without anyones knowledge, customers not being called timely and so on.
which cost money, and cost customers. I just dont think this "Economic Termination" that was put into place on 12/05/08 was thought through totally, at the very least a plan of some sort to make sure without question that the customers where taken care of without fail. Because without them, what do you have?

I am going to go, hashing and rehashing this isnt solving anything. It is what it is
and Con-Way is a part of my past now, and I have a bright future to look to.
I have said it before, I dont have bad feelings toward Con-Way Freight, they took care of me and my family for a very long time, and during that entire time, they were always always good to me. I feel bad about the way things happened, its hard because I always felt so blessed to be a part of Con-Way, they were always so good to me,
I felt I was a part of something great. and in the end, it made me feel as though I was nothing more than a number.. but in reality I guess you have to realize thats business.
I am looking forward not backward, I know their has to be something great in the future,
wouldnt have walked this road if their wasnt. take care all.....

Now that you mention it......do you have a blond; under 30; not too picky about .........Oh, wait.........you didn't really mean that you were giving them away did you? My bad....
:duh: