TForce | Where's the frieght

mud-flap said:
they can make all full timers part time??

No they (UPS) can not make full timers part-timers at UPS. Contract protects against that.

They'll do it a UPS freight though, nothing to stop them. I bet plenty of people will work part time on your docks for much less then you are getting.

Wait till they start using part-timers to make deliveries for much less then you're getting. What's stopping them?

Wait till they start cutting hours, what's stopping them?

Wait till they start changing routes, bid times, scheduled runs, starting times, removing overtime, increasing "delay time at free time", what's stopping them.

I know you guys all want to wait and see, well wait and see.

You will be at the mercy of Big Brown with no voice.

T251

we are already cutting hrs. dock sup's just say''BYE'' ''BYE'' that means you go home and a whole crew of part timers take over the dock..

mud-flap said:
we are already cutting hrs. dock sup's just say''BYE'' ''BYE'' that means you go home and a whole crew of part timers take over the dock..
Just a little insight, then can make you go home as a teamster too! But, the will still have to pay you the 8hrs or ten if you have those bids. Ain't life grand.

we are busy. In fact for the past 3 weeks we have been getting absolutley hammered every friday ....... by none other than UPS.

we where told by a dock sup in a mornin meeting that UPS is withholding freight from us because we damage too much freight ,,,get claims down and the freight will come is what the dock sup said any one know anything like that???

mud-flap said:
we where told by a dock sup in a mornin meeting that UPS is withholding freight from us because we damage too much freight ,,,get claims down and the freight will come is what the dock sup said any one know anything like that???
If you saw the Overniter rag, it said that damages are going to be aggressively brought under control. By teams, training etc. You know, I think that should have been done years ago. My question is by what tactics and accountability is it going to be executed? I don't think the high value freight will be seen for a bit. But I do think the smaller junk shipments are definately on the rise.

well all these years they have been on ''PRODUCTION'' ,,,,BILLS PER HOUR that was what was beat in to us ,,,now they will use write ups and fear for claims. now people will slow down and do it right ,,,then they will get back on the BILL count and they will drive us crazy with BILLS ,,,,,CLAIMS ,,,,,,,BILLS,,,,,,,,CLAIMS ,,,,BILLS BILLS BILLS CLAIMS,,,,CLAIMS,,,,''FIRED'' they will drive us MAD.

mud-flap said:
well all these years they have been on ''PRODUCTION'' ,,,,BILLS PER HOUR that was what was beat in to us ,,,now they will use write ups and fear for claims. now people will slow down and do it right ,,,then they will get back on the BILL count and they will drive us crazy with BILLS ,,,,,CLAIMS ,,,,,,,BILLS,,,,,,,,CLAIMS ,,,,BILLS BILLS BILLS CLAIMS,,,,CLAIMS,,,,''FIRED'' they will drive us MAD.
:bgroovy: If you think UPS is on the ball go to smashpackages.com and look at the way they load the Pcars. They use a shovel.:wavey:

mud-flap said:
i think this is a joke,,managment just made 20 part timers , full timers,, now we ahh have no work so they send us top pay full timers home after 6 hrs of work and keep part timers and new low paying full timers should this be done by seniority?? or to save money they keep the low paying full timers and part timers working 8 hrs and send us home??? that seem fair???

Unfortunately, without a contract management can do whatever they want and you will be given the choice of excepting it or going somewhere else.

Didn't think it necessary to start a new thread.....But I have not been cut or anyone else at this terminal until all this started....Where is the 40% increase or hell just enough to support the drivers we already have....And they say we need drivers ....UH where?????

They ran rampant when UPS announced the deal. Hiring all these drivers. Now there is not much work for them or the guys that been running exta-board.

Anybody that's been in freight for awhile should know that freight drops off at near the start of summer. It happens most every year. Not long after the current school year, though, "back-to-school" shipping starts. Usually mid to late June right into August. My source is my cousin who wotks for Pilot Pens. If anybody knows about "back-to-school", they do. Hang in there. Before you know it, we'll have more freight than we can handle. I've seen it happen too many times to count. Again, hang in there. It's comeing.

HEAVY-METAL said:
Anybody that's been in freight for awhile should know that freight drops off at near the start of summer. It happens most every year. Not long after the current school year, though, "back-to-school" shipping starts. Usually mid to late June right into August. My source is my cousin who wotks for Pilot Pens. If anybody knows about "back-to-school", they do. Hang in there. Before you know it, we'll have more freight than we can handle. I've seen it happen too many times to count. Again, hang in there. It's comeing.

First year in the last 11 that I have ever been cut or didn't have work, this late in the year. Febuary or March....maybe but not May.

HEAVY-METAL said:
i think i heard that before:rofl2:

HEAVY-METAL said:

It's the middle of May we should be slammin on all 8 bye now.