FedEx Freight | Which is the best company....

It's good to see more of you guys making it back to the new boards.

Hooty , talk to you on Thursday.

Ive been with AF/Fedex over 16 years, and you're right, in the beginning, AF was a great job. I will also say it was AF and Sheridan Garrison that hired the Conway people and started going the Conway ways. Then Fedex bought us and we became a Corporation and went from being a name to being a number. that's just growing in the corporate world. It's a paycheck and hopefully a retirement now.

As far as the union goes, ya might want to go to some of the union co. threads and do a little reading? They aren't treated any better than we are. USPF has there co. drivers sitting at home and using outside carriers, same as us? Most of the other carriers are taking money and pensions away, at least we still have that, so far? (with my fingers crossed).

I retired in June 2008, 18 years service, one month after I left, no correspondence from them whatsoever!! Not that I miss anything, but would like to keep up with old friends..

Ive been with AF/Fedex over 16 years, and you're right, in the beginning, AF was a great job. I will also say it was AF and Sheridan Garrison that hired the Conway people and started going the Conway ways. Then Fedex bought us and we became a Corporation and went from being a name to being a number. that's just growing in the corporate world. It's a paycheck and hopefully a retirement now.

As far as the union goes, ya might want to go to some of the union co. threads and do a little reading? They aren't treated any better than we are. USPF has there co. drivers sitting at home and using outside carriers, same as us? Most of the other carriers are taking money and pensions away, at least we still have that, so far? (with my fingers crossed).
Me and have something in common. You have Conway personnel over at Fed Ex? That is how I felt when Yellow merged in with Roadway, and letting Roadway personnel take over operations. The company YRC has been suffering ever since. All it was is mixing water with dirt. Now YRC is trying to rehire all the Yellow personnel that they let go in the past, to fix the mess that they are in now. Personally, I think Roadway should of merged with Conway, because they have a lot in common, than they did with Yellow. I had some driver friends that worked for AF out of Tomah, WI at the time when I use to drive up and back from St. Paul, MN. Hope their doing well, haven't heard from them in a while. It is bad all over, driver. Just concentrate on the good things and work where you are welcomed. Too me, that is the most important thing to keep in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Great post rodedawg: I hired on in 1994. Saw all the changes.The Garrison team brought in the Wil DeOrsey's of the world. AF changed under the Garrison team. I was driver number then I am an employee number now. What's the difference. We are one of the strongest in the industry, I make as much money as anyone in the industry, my benefits are as good as any in the industry. It would not be a hard decision to choose FXF over R&L.

All the LTL companies are about the same, about the only difference is the color of the equipment. Good Luck w/any of them.

all these company's are great to work for if the freight levels are up. Keep in mind if the levels drop and your on the bottom of the list then you mean nothing to the company no matter what it says on the trailer.