XPO | Why are we making linehaul drivers wear full uniforms?

icuicp

TB Veteran
Credits
It seems like a waste of money to require a driver, that spends most of their time out of public sight, to wear a uniform shirt. A lot of drivers don't bother anyway , so why spend the time and effort to make them - not to mention the money we could save.

It seems like a waste of money to require a driver, that spends most of their time out of public sight, to wear a uniform shirt. A lot of drivers don't bother anyway , so why spend the time and effort to make them - not to mention the money we could save.

I would guess that linehaulers have to have uniforms because they might not be on linehaul all year, or next year etc. There may be times they might have to work in the city. Same goes for dockhaulers, why would they need a uniform, I would guess for the same reasons.

I would guess that linehaulers have to have uniforms because they might not be on linehaul all year, or next year etc. There may be times they might have to work in the city. Same goes for dockhaulers, why would they need a uniform, I would guess for the same reasons.
Give them fewer. Since they don't do these things as often. If there bid changes , which doesn't happen that often , let them have more shirts.

Image. Con-way is not YRC. They want to keep a clean professional Image

At Con-way , image is important but saving money comes first. Period. Take our old tractors and trailers that still have the old markings. We don't change them to the new colors , even though it would clearly improve our image.

P.S. - Just look at my picture , it's not that old.

Because we are a team and the company does not need a discrimination lawsuit too!!.. so let's stop worring about what us line-haulers are wearing and let's just drive da truck!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Because if your shirt is untucked your management will try to write you up or fire you!!!,....

At least that's what some of your guys tell me,.............

At Con-way , image is important but saving money comes first. Period. Take our old tractors and trailers that still have the old markings. We don't change them to the new colors , even though it would clearly improve our image.

P.S. - Just look at my picture , it's not that old.

I've always wondered about that. Con-way is SO worried about it's image, yet it runs ragged out tractors and trailers with old markings in the city all day, where the customer, whose opinion is the most important, sees them every day. We still have a couple of old 96'' wides with the plywood falling off the walls.

If I had my choice, I'd go with the uniform shirt and jeans instead of the pants. I don't the uniform pants. The new ones are gonna make us look like FedEx, so who are we trying to look professional like, us or FedEx? I like the new uni's, butt I'm just sayin'...

If I had my choice, I'd go with the uniform shirt and jeans instead of the pants. I don't the uniform pants. The new ones are gonna make us look like FedEx, so who are we trying to look professional like, us or FedEx? I like the new uni's, butt I'm just sayin'...
As long as that check is in the bank on wednesday night I don't care what the uniform looks like.

I have heard they are hot and you will sweat your A$$ off in the city, and then thinking about some of the guy's having to do there own laundry.....could be...well not good....:coffee1:

Image. Con-way is not YRC. They want to keep a clean professional Image

:LMAO: Yeah, that's the reason the uniforms have gone from slacks, shirts and ties to what will be "casual slob" when the new uniforms come out. There is NOTHING professional about stretchy cargo pants and one size fits all polo shirts. This company used to set standards in the trucking industry, now we just follow everyone else. The new "uniforms", and I use that term loosely, is nothing but a blue version of Fredex. "Professional image".....:LMAO::LMAO:

in the winter time i can see being lax on the rules, but in the spring/summer, its good to see some uniformity..dont blame me just my military past

I don't see how you can be against uniforms once you see what a lot of other company's drivers look like without them. Just flat-out slobs. I'm surprised a customer is willing to deal with some of these guys.
I think a uniform on l/h shows DOT and others that we are a little more professional than most and maybe they look for the next truck in line to inspect.
As far as our guys go, the "special" ones that don't wear their uniform now and get away with it will do the same when the new ones come out.

I don't see how you can be against uniforms once you see what a lot of other company's drivers look like without them. Just flat-out slobs. I'm surprised a customer is willing to deal with some of these guys.
I think a uniform on l/h shows DOT and others that we are a little more professional than most and maybe they look for the next truck in line to inspect.
As far as our guys go, the "special" ones that don't wear their uniform now and get away with it will do the same when the new ones come out.
Driver, have you seen some of our driver's with uniforms on? A uniform doesn't work magic.....:nono_h4h:

I'm not a big fan of uniforms, and don't like the new ones either, but I would rather get grease all over Con-Way's clothes than my own. The shops could back on the grease by 25% and there would still be plenty of grease on everyone's clothes.