TForce | Why The Slowdown at HRS?

jdk1600

TB Regular
Credits
Does anyone have any information on why there is such a major slowdown in working guys on the extra board and fill boards at HRS? I've only been getting two to three days a week? They have "Hiring Now" signs posted outside the terminal and we are sitting at home? I'm considering filing for partial unemployment if this keeps up. They certainly can't deny it considering that work is available and they are putting freight on contract carriers.

There's a road driver bid up in the shack on the big dock, it's like they are trying to get so over staffed that you guys will be part timers...

Probably because the HRS service center has been open for 28 years(I think)and a whole bunch of road drivers will be retiring soon.

Does anyone have any information on why there is such a major slowdown in working guys on the extra board and fill boards at HRS? I've only been getting two to three days a week? They have "Hiring Now" signs posted outside the terminal and we are sitting at home? I'm considering filing for partial unemployment if this keeps up. They certainly can't deny it considering that work is available and they are putting freight on contract carriers.
When's the last time you put your name on the board to work a Saturday?
You've got to be available when they want you,not when it suits you.

I'm always available to work a Saturday. The reason I usually don't work a Saturday is because I need to reset to start work on Sunday. I've never really worked when it suits me since I've been here. You've got the wrong person if that's the kind of employee you think I am. I'd be more than happy to work this Saturday.

I thought this time of year would be busy but it seems real slow to me.

Please file a grievance under article 44 which guarantees work in your classification daily if contractors are being used. DON'T LET THIS GO WITHOUT PROTESTING THRU GRIEVANCE!!!!