Holland | Wifi in tractors! WTF

"SCAB"hater

TB Lurker
Credits
So I was in a spare this morning tryin to put the cover back under the dash that was removed, and I found this "bulb" plugged into the computer plug under the drivers left leg. So as I "investigate", I find this thing is for wifi. Y is YRC taking our 15% and putting in this POS equipment? Let's face it, the "Mobileye" is wasteful spending and now this thing that sells for $231 is being put in our trucks and they're having to remove the cover at the bottom of the dash and leave it exposed cause with this thing installed, the cover won't go back on the truck and the mechanic is laying these in the middle of the floor.

So I was in a spare this morning tryin to put the cover back under the dash that was removed, and I found this "bulb" plugged into the computer plug under the drivers left leg. So as I "investigate", I find this thing is for wifi. Y is YRC taking our 15% and putting in this POS equipment? Let's face it, the "Mobileye" is wasteful spending and now this thing that sells for $231 is being put in our trucks and they're having to remove the cover at the bottom of the dash and leave it exposed cause with this thing installed, the cover won't go back on the truck and the mechanic is laying these in the middle of the floor.
It will never ****ing end until we have a house cleaning party at the International!! The clowns that are in there now seem to have had their balls cut off and are now working for YRC! Because it's apparent they aren't doing much for the members!!!

Are you sure it is for WiFi ? If it is the same device as you plug into a computer plug (OBDII connector) in a car/pickup it is a device that tracks vehicle speed, braking, locations it has traveled and other info and transmits it via cell connection back to a company that collects the data.

Many insurance companies are giving discounts if you install one of these on your personal vehicle, I see YRC using it for disciplinary action or evidence if needed.

If the company is using these devices they are also paying a monthly fee to whoever collects the data .

-15% and they wasting money on mobile eye & trailer wraps ?? but just remember the yes sheep voted it in !!!!!! and will again in 2019 too !!!:cuss:
Ahh don't worry about it wong, 2017 or 18 it'll be "guys, we need your help," the sheeple will say "what do you need Mr. Welch?"

Speaking of new trucks, am I the only one that thinks that cruise control in the 16 series really sucks and is more work and dangerous....what a piece of junk!
I don't have the whiskers to drive a 16 series, but I've heard that from a couple of road men. On the other hand you shouldn't be fiddling with it Mr. Toll. Just shut off that cruise control and do it the way Y Rand C want you to do it. No distractions, no cell fone, no CB, no music. just keep them eyes on the white lines and STAY AWAKE

I don't have the whiskers to drive a 16 series, but I've heard that from a couple of road men. On the other hand you shouldn't be fiddling with it Mr. Toll. Just shut off that cruise control and do it the way Y Rand C want you to do it. No distractions, no cell fone, no CB, no music. just keep them eyes on the white lines and STAY AWAKE
My last truck was 5816.... lol

Point here is that they are putting in " ELECTRONICS" that exceed the $$$$$ value of these old sterling trucks ??? Riddle me that ????

You have me confused? Are you saying you should not fiddle with it meaning just do not use the cruise control and stand on the pedal for ten hours a night? I actually have a 28 series that I am assigned, I just used a 16 series the other night while mine was in the shop. Very happy for that!

The new docking stations have that WiFi. New phone is android based. I talk to guys installing them he said they record alot of data points dispatch can tell real time speed even engine temp. He said they hooked to 9 pin data connection. He said many things are recorded

Point here is that they are putting in " ELECTRONICS" that exceed the $$$$$ value of these old sterling trucks ??? Riddle me that ????
Don't you think they are trying to utilize as many of the old trucks as possible because they do not have to meet all of the new environmental restrictions on them that they have to meet with the newer trucks? Plus they don't have to worry about guys putting diesel in the def tank.

Don't mean to but in but are new electronics related to the electronic logs, I know they have the capability to send and receive email as well as record different things going on with the truck which is not necessarily a bad thing. I've been told that these recordings have kept drivers from paying speeding tickets, and can help cover your a$$ if you're involved in an accident,God forbid. Again that's if they're related to the electronic logs

I have noticed the two times that I have used a 16 series for a night that when I get in the last driver had the button for the lane detection turned off. Are guys thinking that they can not track how often you drift out of your lane, and is that true?

I have noticed the two times that I have used a 16 series for a night that when I get in the last driver had the button for the lane detection turned off. Are guys thinking that they can not track how often you drift out of your lane, and is that true?

@ Saia you are only turning off the speakers they can still tell how many times you leave your lane.

Check 2 c if wifi will connect to your smartphone