TForce | Will sleeper teams stay or go?

LaidBackBlack

TB Lurker
Credits
I asked one of the shop guys if we were going to get any new sleeper trucks and he said "no we are not" because UPS wants everyone to go on an hourly pay. I have also heard that we will be leasing sleeper trucks from Penske instead of buying new trucks. Anyone hear anything different?

now that the brain dead brown kool aid drinking overnite employees have ratified the work rules you can bet that you will be picking a sleeper partner soon and you will be luck to see a solo run, better read your work rules again, ask anyone at yellow what change of operations means....vote for pope, maybe you can sleep better after you do that, where was she and all the other sec-treasurers in locals all over the country when hoffa was destroying your contract and your jobs, violating your contract and the subcontracting issue.....go for that one board, you just said goodbye to whatever seniority you had...
THE BROWN UNION BOUGHT AND PAID FOR BY UPS......

I asked one of the shop guys if we were going to get any new sleeper trucks and he said "no we are not" because UPS wants everyone to go on an hourly pay. I have also heard that we will be leasing sleeper trucks from Penske instead of buying new trucks. Anyone hear anything different?

What do you mean all by the hour? If that is the case it wouldn't happen till next contract. And then after the strike if they try to do hourly at our present wages. That would be a Hugh pay cut. Because our mileage averages out to 29 to 30 bucks an hour. So if they want to switch to by the hour then it better all be the same pay as parcel... You can't pay sleeper teams by the hour. Even the parcel team drivers are mileage.