Yellow | Words Of Encouragement

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
“and the rate of improvement at YRC Freight is taking longer to materialize than expected."

Words of encouragement to the team......9/17/14....J. Welch.....13 days left in the 3Q....KK

more losses sadly maintained repair costs accidents and law suits pending not good must be eating up profits and almost to the point they wont make interest payments have to wonder are are days numbered by the way did welch just recently say we where leasing a bunch of new equipment I haven't pay ed much attention to what he has to say lol

If we do end up failing, the high cost of organized labor will most surely be blamed for the downfall of the company.

If we do end up failing, the high cost of organized labor will most surely be blamed for the downfall of the company.

It's not so much the "high" cost of organized labor, it's the "higher" cost of organized labor relative to our non-organized competition. Not a level playing field anymore.

It's not so much the "high" cost of organized labor, it's the "higher" cost of organized labor relative to our non-organized competition. Not a level playing field anymore.
Who do you think you're kidding? Many of our competitors make more than us, both as pay and computed as pay and beneifits.

Who do you think you're kidding? Many of our competitors make more than us, both as pay and computed as pay and beneifits.

I'm not talking about now that we've taken the cuts (even though I'm not so sure you're correct anyway) but in normal circumstances I stick by my comment. Prove otherwise and I'll stand corrected.

I'm not talking about now that we've taken the cuts (even though I'm not so sure you're correct anyway) but in normal circumstances I stick by my comment. Prove otherwise and I'll stand corrected.
In normal circumstances (which we haven't seen in almost six years now) you are absolutely correct. I'm referring to to the starvation pay that we're now on.

I know it is all hindsight now, but if we had it to do all over again, I mean as a vote from 5 years ago and the 3 choices were 1. Close the doors 2. Take the pay and benefit cuts or 3. Keep all wages and benefits as they are but all work rules are gone?

But how could they when we are making SO much LESS than non-union labor?....KK

Not for anything but can anyone show actual figures for an accurate total compensation comparison? I'm curious to see actual total cost (pay + benefit) comparisons.

How much "higher" can the cost of organized labor be at YRC anyway when we are $4./hr. below our non union competitors at top pay ? That was the old excuse at unionized companies. Lol

High cost of organized labor??? I'm working at a discount here at the Y. Hell UPS is high cost organized labor but efficiently run company making record profits. Real talk Triple: " we're suffering from the high cost of disorganized management".

High cost of organized labor??? I'm working at a discount here at the Y. Hell UPS is high cost organized labor but efficiently run company making record profits. Real talk Triple: " we're suffering from the high cost of disorganized management".

UPS for the most part gets 8 hours work for 8 hours pay. Would not want to even guess what YRCF gets per employee per shift??

A bunch of babbling but no one has shown actual figures of our unionized labor costs verses non-union costs, pay + benefits in both cases. I'd really like to see actual numbers, not just hearsay. Once again, I'm talking about before the concessions.

A bunch of babbling but no one has shown actual figures of our unionized labor costs verses non-union costs, pay + benefits in both cases. I'd really like to see actual numbers, not just hearsay. Once again, I'm talking about before the concessions.
Youre just dying to give back some more. Nobody is stopping you. Write this pos a check every week.