Estes | working for estes

driver4a1

TB Lurker
Credits
have an interview coming up with estes and was wondering about pay scale and vacation weeks and pto days.

what is top pay in north carolina for city. and how long does it take to get there.

how many weeks vacation do you get and after what years.

and is there any personal days off or sick days.

i was told that drivers never work the dock that i would go in around noon and work till 10 or 11 pm. does this sound correct.

in houston tx drivers do work the dock no sick days 1 week vacation after 1 year takes 3 years to get top pay estes plays alot of games with the drivers

HOPE YOU DO GET A JOB WITH BIG E, I'VE BEEN HERE AWHILE I LIKE IT. JUST ASK ABOUT VAC. AND PTO IT SHOULD BE IN YOUR HANDBOOK THEY GIVE YOU. GOOD LUCK :smilie_132:

hope you get a better job than big E, i have had it somewhat good but i have seen alot get screwed. things have gotten so much worse in the last 3 years its not even close to the same company it used to be.

used to be a person now you are just a number.

all in all, its a job

have an interview coming up with estes and was wondering about pay scale and vacation weeks and pto days.

what is top pay in north carolina for city. and how long does it take to get there.

how many weeks vacation do you get and after what years.

and is there any personal days off or sick days.

i was told that drivers never work the dock that i would go in around noon and work till 10 or 11 pm. does this sound correct.
You will get a week of vacation after one year, I dont know what the city start pay is, but the hours you were told sounds about right. There are 3 sick or personal days a year , you did not specify what terminal you want to work out of but at the bigger terminals chlt, gbo ,etc you will not have to work the dock.

estes job

i have been hearing goods things about liking job from local drivers.

hope it is not a mistake, only thing i worry about is if home depot goes away, will there be lay offs.

since i will be on the bottom and doing a lot of home depot deliveries

how are the trucks, the ones i been seeing seem new.

but i may only just be seeing the right ones.

do most trucks have air cond. in city?

most city trucks do not have air. if you get a tandem you most certainly have air.

being a new guy you will usually get the truck nobody else wants

i have been with the company for 14 years... love the company but, theres alot of changes going on right now...but, its a GREAT place to work... :butt kiss:

Hey Freezframe: You recon things getting worse in the last three years has anything to do with the economy and maybe the company having to tighen down like every other company so mayby we'll have a job later down the road.i've always learned after 31 years that if you do your job the best you can and mind your own business,99% of the time they will leave you alone.

the only people that like this :shit:ty place any more is :butt kiss: ers that have a assload of debt and estes is thier only way to keep from drowning.

or extraboard drivers

extraboard do love estes most of those guys used to work for swift making .19 cents a mile then they go to estes and they THINK they have found the best job out there

yea also none of the recent changes have really affected them at all. they come in and be linehaul dispatches ***** and have to go where ever they say. then 5 days later come home. not much more the company can do to screw you there.

most city trucks do not have air. if you get a tandem you most certainly have air.

being a new guy you will usually get the truck nobody else wants

Its like anyother ltl job,you get out of it what uyou put in as far as work is concerned.Iv been p&d for eight years,I come in put in 8,10,12 hours or what ever it takes to get my stops off ,I come back punch the f#@$ out and go home.I dont get involved in the pettyass politics of the terminal.And I never have kissed anyones *** .Do your job and ya dont have to.....................

dispatch will send you from dallas to memphis then have you sit in that dump hotel for 18 hours with no pay till they send you back out.ghetto trucking at its best

Its like anyother ltl job,you get out of it what uyou put in as far as work is concerned.Iv been p&d for eight years,I come in put in 8,10,12 hours or what ever it takes to get my stops off ,I come back punch the f#@$ out and go home.I dont get involved in the pettyass politics of the terminal.And I never have kissed anyones *** .Do your job and ya dont have to.....................

its not like some ltl's out there in the fact you are not paid overtime after 8 hours. i know i know....you know this going into it.

you all know that all jobs suck. I say if you dont like your job, quit. this is just another job for me and if something happens, i'll find another, the goodLord willing