FedEx Freight | Worst State for winter

365Volare

TB Veteran
Credits
Lets vote.... Who has the Worst State for taking care of the roads ??? I vote for Arkansas... They are Idiots.... After this Major ice storm we just had,, I drove to and through several cities this morning,,, (the day after), and on a major buisness highway,, not one spec of sand on any major intersections... This is not new here, I've lived in this Idiot state off and on for over 40 yrs... Cross the line into MO, and the plows and sand trucks are working... But hey,,, we have the highest taxes around, and a big surplus of money... DAAAAAAA.....

Lets vote.... Who has the Worst State for taking care of the roads ??? I vote for Arkansas... They are Idiots.... After this Major ice storm we just had,, I drove to and through several cities this morning,,, (the day after), and on a major buisness highway,, not one spec of sand on any major intersections... This is not new here, I've lived in this Idiot state off and on for over 40 yrs... Cross the line into MO, and the plows and sand trucks are working... But hey,,, we have the highest taxes around, and a big surplus of money... DAAAAAAA.....
I think they only have one sand truck in Arkansas,I used to run a line run through there it was fun in the wintertime when it got icy.

I don't know about taking care of the roads but I do know that is was pretty bad here(louisiana) last night: I had to put long pants on to make that run to Jackson, MS.............

I put my vote in for Missouri, after a couple of trucks got stuck going up a long hill on I-70 west bound they shut it down from 2am until almost 2pm then dealt with it.

roog

Amen to that. I think their strategy is to let it become hard pack and then let the trucks break it up with chains, and then send the plows out

Yup, what he said. I have driven on 2-4 inches of solid ice with several inches of snow blowing around with 50-60 miles winds blowing your rig around. Most states would call that a storm. In Wyoming it's just another day.

My vote is for oklahoma Hwy 412 from OK line west to I44 Then Tulsa (What a mess) and of course Turner turnpike! Why do we pay the big bucks for turnpikes, sand trucks running with the blade up (What is this?)

Amen to that. I think their strategy is to let it become hard pack and then let the trucks break it up with chains, and then send the plows out

NO FAIR!! That has been a California trademark for years. We used to tease about sending the state a bill for snow removal. We never saw a plow on Donner untill it was well broken up.

I am goin to say any southern state, the snow isn't the problem but freezing rain and sleet is. Alot of these state don't budget snow removal and all they do is spread sand in some places. All these new hi rise bridges that look so nice are death traps in the winter with the freezing rain.

Winter driving can be a hassle in any state. But I would say that those states where it rarely snows would have a much harder time handling it. Would you include snow removal equipment to your southern town/state budget if you've received 1 1/2 inches of snow over the last 10 years?

no but snow isn't the real thing its ice. The new Liquid Calcium is cheaper and can be made quickly and dispensed with a water tank inwhich most locals have already. That stuff is rought on wiring and chrome but it works go when used at the right times

I would have to say San Diego county. It is really rough when the temp gets below 60 and the winds kick up and you can't surf.

I am goin to say any southern state, the snow isn't the problem but freezing rain and sleet is. Alot of these state don't budget snow removal and all they do is spread sand in some places.
Ok you just pretty much summed up Wyoming snow removal. Now add mountain and high winds