Yellow | Worth reading.

albag

Pray for peace!
PREMIUM
Credits
Pretty good article on the disgraceful conditions at several terminals. Reasonable maintenance was nearly nonexistent at some of the terminals. And Estes is balking at footing the repair bills.

Estes deserves nothing.
They should have saw it coming over a decade ago.
They should expect and get nothing.
That's what the Yellow employees are told.
Good for the goose.
Good for the gander.
Lenders and lawyers get money first.
None left for Estes after that.

I'm sure Apollo will lend them money if they need it.

Estes deserves nothing.
They should have saw it coming over a decade ago.
They should expect and get nothing.
That's what the Yellow employees are told.
Good for the goose.
Good for the gander.
Lenders and lawyers get money first.
None left for Estes after that.

I'm sure Apollo will lend them money if they need it.
lol. Good to see you work for the BK judge and know everything.

Its classic behavior.

You dont spend any money on the things that make you money, the breakbulk, land, docks, trucks, etc. Anything that is made goes first to NYC. To the Shareholders.

Even the payroll is paid with great reluctance. You broke it driver you get docked pay for it etc. You could contest it with HR but it will take weeks and months.

I have always advocated visiting a prospective trucking company prior to applying. If the yard is in order, the remuda of tractors are ready to go (With tags on them and papers in the cab pocket etc) and the buildings are shipshape minus normal wear and tear and the drivers room is happy with a calm dispatch or main office? Thats where you want to be.

Anything else thats not the previous paragraph as described, run away.

If the people are third world, dont bother. Its not for you.

Its classic behavior.

You dont spend any money on the things that make you money, the breakbulk, land, docks, trucks, etc. Anything that is made goes first to NYC. To the Shareholders.

Even the payroll is paid with great reluctance. You broke it driver you get docked pay for it etc. You could contest it with HR but it will take weeks and months.

I have always advocated visiting a prospective trucking company prior to applying. If the yard is in order, the remuda of tractors are ready to go (With tags on them and papers in the cab pocket etc) and the buildings are shipshape minus normal wear and tear and the drivers room is happy with a calm dispatch or main office? Thats where you want to be.

Anything else thats not the previous paragraph as described, run away.

If the people are third world, dont bother. Its not for you.
It's what they did to Bethlehem Steel.

100 years behind the times.
Never replaced the blast furnace.
Working with ancient tools in ancient conditions.

But of course we know it was all the United Steelworkers, who worked lifelong swing shifts in Hellish heat and freezing unheated temperatures.
It was all the unions fault according to the writers of history.

Pretty good article on the disgraceful conditions at several terminals. Reasonable maintenance was nearly nonexistent at some of the terminals. And Estes is balking at footing the repair bills.
It’s sad that the article didn’t mention any about the worn out workers, or any other article.

Didn't matter if it was leased or owned they have not fixed any of the properties correctly for years, at best they got a patch at worse the broken dock plate/dock door was left unused.

🤣🤣🤣WTF did Estes think, a trucking terminal was gonna be pristine ? A Yellow one at that ? Estes wanted to be a landlord so desperately that they never inspected the property BEFORE their bid was placed ? Old Dominion looks really smart now for backing out of another bid

These are terminal bought in 2009 fire sale. This is a legal maneuver for bids on properties they own and were leased back to Yellow. Basically anyone who wants to bid on the lease has to pay back any payment's not made since they closed and repair the facilities. Even in the legal ppwk for the leased terminals that were auctioned off the have to pay back missed lease payments.

These are terminal bought in 2009 fire sale. This is a legal maneuver for bids on properties they own and were leased back to Yellow. Basically anyone who wants to bid on the lease has to pay back any payment's not made since they closed and repair the facilities. Even in the legal ppwk for the leased terminals that were auctioned off the have to pay back missed lease payments.
What a deal!

Now that's a Yellow kind of deal!

Didn't the teamsters demand that union workers were unsafe in these filthy dumps they called terminals?
Sounds like the teamster looked the other way while workers were at risk in filthy conditions.
WOW......
The Teamsters don't go in and inspect terminals, you must file a grievance about it.... I know when I file a grievance concerning safety my BA is on it....

🤣🤣🤣WTF did Estes think, a trucking terminal was gonna be pristine ? A Yellow one at that ? Estes wanted to be a landlord so desperately that they never inspected the property BEFORE their bid was placed ? Old Dominion looks really smart now for backing out of another bid
The damages are for terminals YRC/Yellow was leasing from Estes, probably previously owned and sold by YRC and the damages are for upkeep Yellow was suppose to do but never did per the lease agreement.

The damages are for terminals YRC/Yellow was leasing from Estes, probably previously owned and sold by YRC and the damages are for upkeep Yellow was suppose to do but never did per the lease agreement.
Not for anything but Yellow did quite a bit at Maybrook over last few years including repaving sections of yard, new fuel storage tank, etc. Maybrook is owned of course.

We , New Penn, leased our terminal from Pyle starting I believe in 2010-2011. From them until our demise, Pyle would show up unannounced and perform a walk thru. Several times, Pyle & New Penn were in court. Pyle asking a judge to terminate the lease for petty violations, New Penn countering & proving nothing they did was wrong. Estes ever do this ? Highly doubtful

Don't speak up and protect Yellow. They screwed everybody that dealt with them apparently. Looks almost like this was done on purpose for years. Neglecting upkeep getting their workers to give back bennies and etc. Looks like a calculated slow closing at the expense of workers , customers , and who ever else they could screw. They say the higher ups got huge bonuses? If this is true it almost looks criminal.

Don't speak up and protect Yellow. They screwed everybody that dealt with them apparently. Looks almost like this was done on purpose for years. Neglecting upkeep getting their workers to give back bennies and etc. Looks like a calculated slow closing at the expense of workers , customers , and who ever else they could screw. They say the higher ups got huge bonuses? If this is true it almost looks criminal.
Not everyone there felt they were getting "screwed". Everyone got what was agreed to.
PS - Did you work there?

Steer, I am hopeful that the Department of Justice will take a good look at this company as an offshoot of the bankruptcy case. I don't know for sure if they can or will.

Steer, I am hopeful that the Department of Justice will take a good look at this company as an offshoot of the bankruptcy case. I don't know for sure if they can or will.
They should at least look into it. Sounds almost like they getting help from everybody by cutting bennies and not maintaining anything getting a loan from the govt then pocketing the money for a certain few with what appears no intentions to really try at all to keep it open. Could be wrong but that's just an outsiders observation.