FedEx Freight | Would you quit if FXF changed the seniority policy from board to company time?

Would you quit if FXF changed the seniority policy from board to company time?

• I would QUIT

Votes: 38 27.9%
  • I would STAY

Votes: 98 72.1%

• Total voters
suzy1052 said:
Wouldnt have to quit with my "seniority" I would get laid off anyway...btw those maintenance gigs look pretty cush.The guy rides around half the day on a dock sweeper and then goes outside and power washes a few dock doors...pulls down a handful of expired postings on the bulletin board and goes home.Even has his own cubicle and computer in the main office and I know he makes as much or more than me.

I would love that job. Our two maintenance guys have an office away from the main office. They even have better than bankers hours. They didn't even get their hours cut when people were getting laid off.

so if a dock guy started 22 yars ago and they went to company seniority,and he now a line haul driver he goes to where his seniority takes him that aint gonna happen got to many crybabies now hell the terminals will flood with crybaby tears

so if a dock guy started 22 yars ago and they went to company seniority,and he now a line haul driver he goes to where his seniority takes him that aint gonna happen got to many crybabies now hell the terminals will flood with crybaby tears

And that's where u r wrong. There is not one thing that anybody will do about it. They will offer you a crap sandwich and you will take a big bite out of it.
A great majority of drivers were pissed when national drivers were allowed to dovetail in based on their seniority and knocked tons of guys to the bottom of the board and now you think FedEx will give two flying shlitz if people cry about a one board seniority? Fat chance

He would deserve to go where his seniority took him, why wouldn't he?

I started here when I was 22 years old and I'm going on 30. I would stay, I have about 40 more years of work if not more. There will be ALOT of drivers retiring before that so it would not bother me one bit.

You know whats sad? I have been at a medium sized sattelite since the late 90s and havent seen one able bodied person retire.
I haven't either. We had our #1 guy die 4 or 5 yrs back but he was not old enough to retire.

I would love to go back to the city with my seniority...however it will never happen..they would have done it with the merge

Jeff said:
I haven't either. We had our #1 guy die 4 or 5 yrs back but he was not old enough to retire.

We lost probably five guys that were within a few years of retiring,I guess we dont have that many " old" guys to begin with.

the way I see it...IF they were to do this...and I don't think they will. that would put some ppl over those whom have been at the same terminal...since the start. Ppl transferred in with more Company seniority would go above those ppl? :nutkick:thats messed up. And the company wants engaged employee's? That in my thinking would cause a major problem..As for contractors- thay are just that they can pull thier equipment at any time and go else where...And most of the ppl that voted they would stay are probably city drivers that didnt want to go to the road for one reason or another and now want the best of both worlds:stirthepot:, or transferrs that wanna bump those whom were@ the terminal WAY b4 them....and I'm still confused over the whole wanting to be like Conway.:chairshot:

THEY (fedex) need to take care older more season drivers.they earned it!!!!your company seniority should count for something!!!!!!!

YES! I'd have no choice, a greeter at Walmart would be better than what I could or would want to get here. I would definetly transfer if doing so would be better-ANYWHERE!!!.

I moved several times in the past few years I did my time paid my dues and think they should go with company senority what you are now is what you would be no jumping from road to city or vice a versus!!