FedEx Freight | Would you rather?

ajorg

TB Lurker
Credits
If given a choice, would you rather have Watkins back or are you happy with Fedex?
For me, PLEASE GIVE ME WATKINS!!!!!! :nutkick:

I'll take Watkins pre Hotel 2000. When employees were treated better and before the Bean counters officially took over. Fedex is fine, but their corporate mentallity is insane. I never heard the U word when we were Watkins, but I hear it alot now.

Watkins Truckload just happens to be hiring,just kidding. I think we"re probably better off with being bought by FEDEX what with the great situation the current president has the economy in. Just my two cents{its all i have to spare}
If life gives you lemmons........make lemmonade, and suck it up:censored2:,you aint got it that bad!:red_bandana: River Rat....Shout out to ya!

I think all line haul drivers should be required to make deliveries inroute to thier switch...........

That would be a great way to cut costs, maybe they could eliminate your job!!
Oh, don't worry, my run takes 10.5 hours in a good truck, but we really don't have any good trucks at our terminal, most of them over 1million miles and take almost 11 hrs to make the run, when are we going to fit a delivery in?

What does this have to do with this thread anyway?

I have to go with the Purple People.I'm making more money than I ever have. FDX pays their single drivers a good wage. watkins paid their teams a good wage at the expense of the single drivers. I had a day run, now I have to work nights like most of us. I don't like all the changes. But now when someone asks who I work for they know the FDX name, and don't go watkins who?

Also I can't leave out my 4th week of vacation!:1036316054:

I miss Watkins but don't think I would go back .....loyalty breeds loyalty and all that don't ya know and Watkins didn't show us any loyalty when they sold us ...... at least FEDEX doesn't promise you loyalty :smilie_132:

I think all line haul drivers should be required to make deliveries inroute to thier switch...........

You have really got to be kidding that you wrote that:biglaugh::biglaugh:
A linehaul driver gets held up at some del and then what
he or she can't complete the linehaul run and is forced to get a motel
so lets see company puts money out for a motel and they would have to pay me for 8hrs of sitting on my butt doing nothing
oh yes we should make del's on our way.
and with winter coming around the corner we will have so much extra time for enroute del's.:hysterical::hysterical:

I started with WML in 94 running team. At the time thier was no better trucking company for otr drivers, but its time gone by and and now its FXNL time. I guess its because I work out of terminal where we have good people. Its like I tell the terminal manger I don't have a proplem with anyone thier its some of the top managment people that are (you fill in the blanks) but for the money and benfiets I will stay to FXNL Its also funny that some of the over the road drivers have forgot how it was at WML of going to SCH or SAC or even going to HBG and sitting in the motel for 2 to 4 days in a motel waiting to get a run of 500 miles and back to the motel. I was out of SBR and had to use the home board rule just to get miles sometimes. Rember those days when you call for Watkins. I now get 5300 miles every two weeks on my bid run. Watkins is gone might as well move on

I was on leave but how did Watkins treat the drivers down in down ATL and CHA and I think Dal got it to back just before Christmas in 2000. If I rember right drivers out of say CHA got a run to Dal to be turned back for home and when they got thier they found out they had been layed off. Right at Chirstmas no warning that was unfair treatment in thier timing.
I was lucky SBR never had that happen out thier but it seems some drivers have short memories

I was on leave but how did Watkins treat the drivers down in down ATL and CHA and I think Dal got it to back just before Christmas in 2000. If I rember right drivers out of say CHA got a run to Dal to be turned back for home and when they got thier they found out they had been layed off. Right at Chirstmas no warning that was unfair treatment in thier timing.
I was lucky SBR never had that happen out thier but it seems some drivers have short memories

I know I'm kinda new here. But I have to wonder how likely and how often does a lay-off happen?

I know I'm kinda new here. But I have to wonder how likely and how often does a lay-off happen?

Fedex freight driver just visiting. You dont ever have to worry about being laid off, fedex will starve you off. Your hours will just go down untill you have to find part time work or leave, fedex will not pay you unemployment. I would like AF back. Yeah the money is better, but theres a heck of a lot more to a job than money.:hide:

Fedex freight driver just visiting. You dont ever have to worry about being laid off, fedex will starve you off. Your hours will just go down untill you have to find part time work or leave, fedex will not pay you unemployment. I would like AF back. Yeah the money is better, but theres a heck of a lot more to a job than money.:hide:

Well said.:1036316054: