Yellow | Wouldn't local bidding first affect who gains what?

yrcreject

TB Lurker
Credits
The final decision put out by the committee says that all local bidding be done BEFORE 2/15 but our terminal hasn't bid yet. We were suppposed to last week, but then THEY (whoever they are) decided to do it AFTER the pool bid on the 16th. First, isn't that a violation of the decision, and second would that affect how many gaining positions that go into the pool tomorrow? I'm confused.

It would affect everything If like CNC you are gaining 90 with 86 local from Kernersville and 4 from Richmond and did the national first how many bids would be available? with the local done first we now know there are only 2 dock bids available for the national pool

Yrcregect, I hear what you are saying.

In most locals, it appears that the local bidding was done first, leaving little to nothing for the pool bid.

In some locals, the pool bid is first, leaving less for the local bidding.

As far as I know, Portland, OR is doing its local bidding after the pool bid. 20 guys from around the country can bid into the city/dock board, and that means 20 local guys who are currently laid off will stay laid off.

I won't be surprised if many of the laid off have more seniority than those coming in.

I would also like to know who "THEY" are that decided to do local after the pool bid!

The final decision put out by the committee says that all local bidding be done BEFORE 2/15 but our terminal hasn't bid yet. We were suppposed to last week, but then THEY (whoever they are) decided to do it AFTER the pool bid on the 16th. First, isn't that a violation of the decision, and second would that affect how many gaining positions that go into the pool tomorrow? I'm confused.

Since they merged the 2 Indy terminal boards into one there is no follow your work (local 135 Bidding) for Indy.(Indy got screwed on follow your work to TH, BLGTN,LAf and koko. These went to pool bid somehow???) The job bids posted for Indy cannot be bid till they see who is coming into Indy since it is a gainer. When they see how many people Indy is actually getting the jobs bid for the 2 terminals will start. This is why the bottom ones on the bubble are sweating right now. Depending on how many come depends on if they get to bid or stay laid off.

That whole pool bidding is a joke, they changed the numbers right up to the very end to make sure we are all in the dark. I just love having a strong union

How comes!

So many people are getting to leave from one barn to another with out freight being shown going for the people?