XPO | WOW! I cannot believe more not said about the 5%

teamsterwannaB

TB Veteran
Credits
Were people just waiting to see it on the pay stub? Did we really think they weren`t going to do it? Let me guess, I will be told " you`re just lucky to have a job" a few times in this thread. :eck13: Save it, I work for my money and I don`t want to hear your BULL!

Were people just waiting to see it on the pay stub? Did we really think they weren`t going to do it? Let me guess, I will be told " you`re just lucky to have a job" a few times in this thread. :eck13: Save it, I work for my money and I don`t want to hear your BULL!

Different people did different things to counteract...I heard some guys talking about the first "new" check in the break room Friday morning so I sat down and listened..One guy said he made minor adjustments to his 401k contribution, and changed his w4 deductions up one, and he is bringing home 6 dollars more a week than before the cut...he said the difference will be in his taxes each year..he was getting back about 3500 and now he figures about 2900..
I guess it is all in how you handle it...
I look now and think I personally overreacted, so I am making some adjustments back closer to where I was..

We shouldn't have to make any changes in anything just for the greedy company we work for.In time they will get what is coming to them.Till then i'm just going to go out and do my job at about 75% of effort, in turn i will get my 5% back then some so i hope all the big wigs up in the the "Palace" sleep's well at nite.GREED GREED:Flame-On:

We shouldn't have to make any changes in anything just for the greedy company we work for.In time they will get what is coming to them.Till then i'm just going to go out and do my job at about 75% of effort, in turn i will get my 5% back then some so i hope all the big wigs up in the the "Palace" sleep's well at nite.GREED GREED:Flame-On:

Yeah, that'll help....

well, if it's all about your pay stub...
5% is simply 5%. At reship, stay on the dock and spend 10.5 minutes a night picking up trash or parking forklifts. In the city operation spend 2 minutes at 8 customers explaining all of the new programs Con-Way is offering and ask for that one more shipment. On the inbound and outbound dock spend that 10.5 minutes sweeping trailers or making the effort to reweigh every shipment coming out of that city trailer.

well, you did say it's all about the pay stub
it's a simple concept... you get paid for what you do. try doing more.

How's that for "bull"

Ha! caught ya listening!

We talked about it a lot a few weeks ago when it was announced. It's old news now.

Look friend or Brother, whats to say, we took it where the sun dont shine and with out a Union there isnt a whole lot you can do about it but not like it, ( Its CONWAY or noway like it or not) no one that matters cares and when that sinks in to some of these old timmers it probely hurts after all these years that they worked for this company.:eck13:

Look friend or Brother, whats to say, we took it where the sun dont shine and with out a Union there isnt a whole lot you can do about it but not like it, ( Its CONWAY or noway like it or not) no one that matters cares and when that sinks in to some of these old timmers it probely hurts after all these years that they worked for this company.:eck13:

What does a union have to do with it??? Ask any union member if they have heard of union members taking concessions.

5% is simply 5%. At reship, stay on the dock and spend 10.5 minutes a night picking up trash or parking forklifts. In the city operation spend 2 minutes at 8 customers explaining all of the new programs Con-Way is offering and ask for that one more shipment. On the inbound and outbound dock spend that 10.5 minutes sweeping trailers or making the effort to reweigh every shipment coming out of that city trailer.

How's that for "bull"

Ha! caught ya listening!
You may have caught me listening, and what you said is some good BULL. either way I make less for what I used to do. And I know how to get mine, but how does a salaried guy like yourself get yours? Tell me with no bull, please, yes I could redo my witholdings, and 401K contribution....oh wait a minuite Conway did that for me didn`t they. The question here is IS IT REAL OR IS IT BULL? Anyway you look at it these cuts helped no one other than people with HUGE bonuses.

How's that for "bull"

Ha! caught ya listening!

The adjustment you are talking about is spending 5% less time with my family. Or, maybe 5% less sleep.

On a 14 hour day, 5% is an additional 42 minutes. Now that brings another host of issues.

You may have caught me listening, and what you said is some good BULL. either way I make less for what I used to do. And I know how to get mine, but how does a salaried guy like yourself get yours? Tell me with no bull, please, yes I could redo my witholdings, and 401K contribution....oh wait a minuite Conway did that for me didn`t they. The question here is IS IT REAL OR IS IT BULL? Anyway you look at it these cuts helped no one other than people with HUGE bonuses.

no celery here bubba... meataterian.

When they post your terminal's numbers and your operating ration is above $1.00, what's this mean to you? Now remember, you said it was all about the pay stub, just offering options. How about I drink 5% more beer and donate the bottle deposit to your cause?

just trying to help on a rainy day bro.

no celery here bubba... meataterian.

When they post your terminal's numbers and your operating ration is above $1.00, what's this mean to you? Now remember, you said it was all about the pay stub, just offering options. How about I drink 5% more beer and donate the bottle deposit to your cause?

just trying to help on a rainy day bro.
I`m guesssing they close your terminal if your above $1.00, maybe you should just donate the beer, heck I`ll give you the mt`s back

How's that for "bull"

Ha! caught ya listening!

no thats the problem,working more for less,thats been a problem in this industry for many years,bottom line is you will spend more time at work for the same or less money,adjusting youre 401 isnt a good idea either,that will result in having less or working later in life,its a no win situation for us

well lets see i got bashed,so let me do some bashing if any one doesnt like the 5% give back simple quit easy enough.

well, we all lost money from our paychecks to our retirement. i can live with this since we are not the only ones getting the shaft from higher ups. what pi$$e$ me off the most is the loss of my vacation. they stole my vacation, and they dont care.

well, we all lost money from our paychecks to our retirement. i can live with this since we are not the only ones getting the shaft from higher ups. what pi$$e$ me off the most is the loss of my vacation. they stole my vacation, and they dont care.

Now with me i can live with the 5% and the vacation(not that it doesnt **** me off)but what i cant get past is the pension,,and if you have raised kids,,,just because everyone else is doing it doesnt make it right...i tried that with my dad,and still remember the slap in the back of the head

How's that for "bull"

Ha! caught ya listening!

thats the problem with you non union pepole. lets do more to get less.