XPO | XGH - Gary/Hammond Indiana what's going on with the shop?

The DSR underground latestest scuttlebutt, is that, the mechanics at XGH have voted for representation. Specifics I do not have. But I have confirmation.

I wonder what this says about unionization - no apparent interest in their victories from either side. XPO doesn't care and Teamsters don't either ( or at least it seems that way. ) Oh well....

XPO has a pretty strong history against unionization. The teamsters are a wolf with no teeth. This is a non story.

Mechanics are pissed. They are getting everything stream lined too. I get it.

This won't change a thing. But it sends a message. Okay.

As a driver. I am all for happy mechanics and fully functional SAFE equipment.

But the use of venders is not going away.

The teamsters are a wolf with no teeth. This is a non story...

This won't change a thing. But it sends a message.

This organization drive died a long time ago. The only thing a union has to exert pressure on the company is the threat of a strike, and no one is worried about a strike from one shop, or three terminals. The unions know it and the company knows it. The organizers were counting on terminals to fall in like dominoes after one or two voted "Yes" and they didn't- not even close. Anyone heard how our teamster terminals are doing?

There will always be people pushing for representation- I'd like to see XPO just ignore them. Everyone else is. Management has always been worried about the union and I never understood why. Every time they've tried to organize they fail spectacularly.

Most of the top carriers really have nothing to worry about with the subject of union representation. Since the union really has very little to offer most company's employees, when it comes right down to the nut cutting, most employees will come to their senses and realize it, and not vote to organize.
To organize, you have to have a better product to offer, and that's where they come up short.

Most of the top carriers really have nothing to worry about with the subject of union representation. Since the union really has very little to offer most company's employees, when it comes right down to the nut cutting, most employees will come to their senses and realize it, and not vote to organize.
To organize, you have to have a better product to offer, and that's where they come up short.

The thing to remember is that things are going to continue changing. We are not even to a year yet. If you are already unhappy, it's going to get much wore for you.

They did in fact vote for union representation and it was Local Lodge 701, International Association of Machinists & Aerospace Workers AFL-CIO that they voted for. I guess their product sold rather well.

The thing to remember is that things are going to continue changing. We are not even to a year yet. If you are already unhappy, it's going to get much wore for you.
I always say that in the trucking world, the drivers would even bitch if they were hung with a golden rope. Most drivers are guilty of not liking change.....in any form. So all of the current XPO changes has people on edge, from what I hear.
(By the way, my posts have nothing to do with ME being unhappy, since that's not the case.)