XPO | Xpo charlotte or kernersville

And I don't say all that to demean the OP. I've had guys sit next to me in my truck on a training day saying they were hired for the city and they wanted an 8 am start time. 🙃
I tell them, "Brother, we have two 8AM syart times. I'm one of them and the #1 guy in the barn is the other. You won't be an 8 AM start."
And they'll say stuff like, "Well I can't start later than that or work nights. They said I'd be a city driver" lmao.
My barn has its problems but I know they aren't lying like that. Some new guys just don't hear what's being said, I think. I do my best to tell them straight up, but... well...

If you want to be hired like that go to FedEx Freight. Last I knew that's how they hired
Or try Estes. They are pretty straight up as to what you will be doing. Only combo works everything. If you hire for city you are city. If you hire for line haul you are line haul. We have combo as well which means you will work the dock with your driving.

And I don't say all that to demean the OP. I've had guys sit next to me in my truck on a training day saying they were hired for the city and they wanted an 8 am start time. 🙃
I tell them, "Brother, we have two 8AM syart times. I'm one of them and the #1 guy in the barn is the other. You won't be an 8 AM start."
And they'll say stuff like, "Well I can't start later than that or work nights. They said I'd be a city driver" lmao.
My barn has its problems but I know they aren't lying like that. Some new guys just don't hear what's being said, I think. I do my best to tell them straight up, but... well...
Maybe you are right, but it is a trucking company and i have not yet seen any one of them yet be 100% honest. Ive been to several interviews and what they were telling me didn't match up with what i was told on the phone or an email and get told the other person didn't understand the job description.

Maybe you are right, but it is a trucking company and i have not yet seen any one of them yet be 100% honest. Ive been to several interviews and what they were telling me didn't match up with what i was told on the phone or an email and get told the other person didn't understand the job description.
You are right at any trucking company only believe about half of what they tell you.

I can't debate this beyond saying that I'm literally in the room for a lot of these on boarding discussions because I'm the person who does a lot of training. Obviously not every one, but I've only heard the bosses be clear about what's going on especially shifts/hours. They really don't want to.out 2 or 3 weeks of effort into a new guy just to see them walk after a month.
Feels pretty gross saying anything decent about my bosses, but they don't lie to new Hires about this stuff from what I've seeI also support not believing half of what they tell you, especially if nobody else is around lmao

Edit - I can only speak for what I've seen at my terminal

If you want to be hired like that go to FedEx Freight. Last I knew that's how they hired
This is correct. But I personally know that out of the Greensboro and Charlotte areas specifically he will not be able to hire on for Linehaul from the street. He would have to put his time in on the city and hire onto road when it opens internal

Currently out of Charlotte it can take him upwards of 4 years to become Linehaul