XPO Confirms Job Cuts to Reduce Labor Costs

P

Paul Schott

GREENWICH, Conn. — XPO, one of the world’s largest freight transporters, is reducing its workforce as part of a cost-cutting plan.

Continue reading...

Get ready. Bend over because they are going to give it to you good.
OT after 8 is going away, be lucky if you get OT after 40. It will change to OT after 50. Oh you say we will vote in the union. Well good luck with that XPH still doesn't have a contract and it's been 6+yrs. The economy has changed and put the power back into their hands.
Hang on it's going to be a bumpy ride

And one other thing. When the OT goes bye bye and you sign your cards and vote in the union. The whole time you are waiting on your contact there will be no OT pay and XPH is how many years. They got cover the 15million they are paying the guy they got from OD some how

So how many upper & middle management are they cutting ????
Looking at the quote below, it appears most of the reductions will come from attrition and others from reducing the number of salaried employees.

“On the labor side, we’re executing on a plan to align our field cost structure more closely with the current demand environment and reduce some of our salaried head count,” Harik said.
In response to an inquiry from Hearst Connecticut Media about it was reducing its workforce, XPO said in a statement that, “the cost actions we discussed on the call have already been taken. They represent greater than $50 million of annualized labor-related cost savings, and we expect to see the full run rate benefit of those cost savings starting in the third quarter. As a results of these actions, head count will take a step down through the rest of the year, primarily through attrition.”

Get ready. Bend over because they are going to give it to you good.
OT after 8 is going away, be lucky if you get OT after 40. It will change to OT after 50. Oh you say we will vote in the union. Well good luck with that XPH still doesn't have a contract and it's been 6+yrs. The economy has changed and put the power back into their hands.
Hang on it's going to be a bumpy ride
And one other thing. When the OT goes bye bye and you sign your cards and vote in the union. The whole time you are waiting on your contact there will be no OT pay and XPH is how many years. They got cover the 15million they are paying the guy they got from OD some how
The fight over OT is not with any company. Congress is the problem. Trucking is exempt from the overtime laws. That is where the change needs to be made.

I know it going to have a major impact on our customers and the linehaul drivers . I fear we are going to lose even more experienced drivers. More fatigue and poor arrival times an damages
This is one of the main reason I left. Yrs ago bombed with freight and few DW so we dug them out. Then bombed with freight and no trailers and we dug them out again. Then we hire and get more DW and good dispatch time and arrival time. We were getting ahead and now we just pulled out the gun, shot ourselves in both or our feet and knees. Well I help to dig your dumb azz out twice I was not doing it again.
Feel sorry for you guys because this is the circle of life at XPO. Wash, rinse, and repeat.

Their mind set now from what I’m hearing from sources is to use the drivers for both purposes dock work and driving almost exclusively. The theory is it’s easier to replace dock workers if the time comes where their needed again . Max out the drivers usable hours . Basically their go to for quick profit as usual “do more with less” . They will NEVER regain customers they lost by doing this and most certainly never get new customers. Around around we go …….
The mistaken keeps reappearing.

Their mind set now from what I’m hearing from sources is to use the drivers for both purposes dock work and driving almost exclusively. The theory is it’s easier to replace dock workers if the time comes where their needed again . Max out the drivers usable hours . Basically their go to for quick profit as usual “do more with less” . They will NEVER regain customers they lost by doing this and most certainly never get new customers. Around around we go …….
The mistaken keeps reappearing.not
It's not doing more with less. It's doing the same amount of work with fewer people. It's efficient labor utilization. Pay drivers OT for the dock work and it's still more cost effective. Wages are productive costs, benefits are not.