XPO | Xpo To Close Missouri Facility 166 Jobs Lost

Annika Merrilees | St. Louis Post-Dispatch
December 13, 2019 10:15 AM, EST
XPO to Close Missouri Logistics Facility, Wiping Out 166 Jobs
xpo-truck_2.jpg
XPO Logistics
[Stay on top of transportation news: Get TTNews in your inbox.]

HAZELWOOD, Mo. — A logistics facility will close here, eliminating 166 jobs, according to a notice filed with the state.

XPO Logistics, a provider of transportation and logistics services, operates the facility on behalf of its customer, Prestige, XPO said in the notice.

XPO Logistics expects the job cuts will take effect over two weeks beginning Feb. 7.

The company said in the notice that there may be opportunities for employees to transition to its other locations.

XPO ranks No. 1 on the Transport Topics Top 50 list of the largest logistics companies in North America, and No. 3 on the TT Top 100 list of the largest for-hire carriers in North America.

From - Transport Topics

It looks like it is one of the warehouse operations and not the LTL side. There is one of each in Hazelwood, but from a few stories I found it sounds like a warehousing type operation. Doesn't make it any better for the employees. Hope they land on their feet somewhere.

Annika Merrilees | St. Louis Post-Dispatch
December 13, 2019 10:15 AM, EST
XPO to Close Missouri Logistics Facility, Wiping Out 166 Jobs
xpo-truck_2.jpg
XPO Logistics
[Stay on top of transportation news: Get TTNews in your inbox.]

HAZELWOOD, Mo. — A logistics facility will close here, eliminating 166 jobs, according to a notice filed with the state.

XPO Logistics, a provider of transportation and logistics services, operates the facility on behalf of its customer, Prestige, XPO said in the notice.

XPO Logistics expects the job cuts will take effect over two weeks beginning Feb. 7.

The company said in the notice that there may be opportunities for employees to transition to its other locations.

XPO ranks No. 1 on the Transport Topics Top 50 list of the largest logistics companies in North America, and No. 3 on the TT Top 100 list of the largest for-hire carriers in North America.

From - Transport Topics
Merry Christmas....

Yup 3PL business unit. Sounds like the contract expired and they (Prestige) didn't renew. And XPO wasn't able to fill the void with another client. It's kind of odd that they weren't able to find another. Almost happened to me while working for Ruan. I got laid off from them but looking back, I wish it would have happened sooner. Everyone complains about XPO but at least they're not at the bottom of the barrel level that Ruan is. I think I got PTSD working there.