Holland | Xpo Up For Sale And Buyers Are ??

I still don't understand how the dovetailing came to be. As I understood it, ABF purchased CFCC outright. In that scenario the CFCC guys should have gone to the bottom of the boards. It's the same with that last strike, we worked through it, I believe we were the only Union carrier to do so. I know the rampant speculation was we were going to be purchased by UPS. I was in Toledo at the time and was WAAAYY down the seniority board and had no chance of staying on. Didn't worry too much at the time, I was young and just moved on.
Arkansas Best bought World Way ,One parent bought the the other ABF is a subsidiary of Arkansas Best or today ARC Best .Carolina freight carriers a subsidiary of World Way.All corporate bull ::shit::.But legal.So dove tail of 2 subsidiary’s

Arkansas Best bought World Way ,One parent bought the the other ABF is a subsidiary of Arkansas Best or today ARC Best .Carolina freight carriers a subsidiary of World Way.All corporate bull :::shit:::.But legal.So dove tail of 2 subsidiary’s
Gotcha. Think you may have explained that to me before. I am a little dense sometimes. Any insight on why CFCC worked through that last strike?

So World Way spun GI, Red Arrow and Cardinal off before sale or was GI and Red Arrow never part of CFCC. In practice both were interlude companies I guess, yet were different from other interline carriers like Estes and Alvan. The GI/Red Arrow/CFCC trailers were basically interchangeable though we did try to load GI stuff west at Toledo.

Gotcha. Think you may have explained that to me before. I am a little dense sometimes. Any insight on why CFCC worked through that last strike?

So World Way spun GI, Red Arrow and Cardinal off before sale or was GI and Red Arrow never part of CFCC. In practice both were interlude companies I guess, yet were different from other interline carriers like Estes and Alvan. The GI/Red Arrow/CFCC trailers were basically interchangeable though we did try to load GI stuff west at Toledo.
Carolina ,They signed a me too agreement just like Preston and a ::shit:: load of other small carriers did.Preston was out a week before signing.

Carolina ,They signed a me too agreement just like Preston and a :::shit::: load of other small carriers did.Preston was out a week before signing.
I didn't realize other union carriers worked through it. A "me too agreement" meant they will just accept what was in the new NMFA?

This line in the article.....is an outright falsehood.
'XPO has revived a once-inefficient LTL operation. Today, the unit’s operating ratio — the ratio of expenses to revenues — sits at its best levels in decades."
While it's true our OR is the lowest it's ever been, it's because of Jacobs slash and burn tactics when it comes to less maintenance, less rolling stock purchases, and lay-offs. Efficiency is not what it was when we were CCX or Con-way, it's worse. Our outbound operations are fencing freight every night, we never did that before. Come end of the month, we're missing pickups because we don't have the coverage due to lack of drivers and sidelined power units. I could go on, but you get the idea.
I'm at Holland. I could have sworn we had a patent on that type of operational inefficiency

Yes, and they keep working. NW did this also back a long time ago.
I think it was the good ole Ron Carey that kept "World Way" working..felt like that if he didn't, then the tent would be folded..
well it folded a little later when ABF, the precursor (sp?)to ArcBest bailed them out..an insult to the ABF Teamsters that walked the picket line..well, mostly sat in folding chairs, smoked and cussed..oh well..ancient history..

If my memory serves me, the rule was if you take the equipment, the seniority list was dovetailed. That was the case with Ryder/Pie and later with Smiths/All-American, which I went through both.

If my memory serves me, the rule was if you take the equipment, the seniority list was dovetailed. That was the case with Ryder/Pie and later with Smiths/All-American, which I went through both.
yep, got knocked down 6 slots..the Carolina folks came over and posted their seniority roster on our bulletin board..after we went on strike and they were working...A LOT of hard feelings & PO'd folks, but that really didn't matter...

In Charl, if the company was union, they were dovetailed, nonunion endtailed.

When ABF and Carolina merged in Kansas City, they had a non-union cartage company delivering their freight. They were not dovetailing

Don't know about K C, but in Charl, aquired union companies were dovetailed.
Last we had was R C Motor Lines and Transcon, both were dovetailed.

Let me rephrase that. Carolina had a non union cartage company picking up and delivering there freight prior to their merger with ABF. They did not dovetail at time of the merger however I believe they did hire some from the cartage company

Let me rephrase that. Carolina had a non union cartage company picking up and delivering there freight prior to their merger with ABF. They did not dovetail at time of the merger however I believe they did hire some from the cartage company

Carolina didn't own the cartage co, if so, they would probably endtailed those guys.
You mentioned equipment, when PIE aquired R C Motor Lines, we didn't get equipment, but the employees still dovetailed.

ok..glad you cleared that up...the ones on seniority dovetailed and the ones that were hired from the cartage company were entailed. Makes sense..thank you..

Not true...CFCC had taken over operations from Allen freight lines. And it was a dovetail.