XPO | XPO's World Class Status Pipe Dream

I seen one or two of those trailers at my terminal, thank god ABF scraped that idea....
If done properly it works great. OD was the best I’ve seen at properly utilizing an e track system, they also strap everything and use tons of air bags. I’ve never seen loads as high and tight as when I’d walk across an OD dock. I swear you could roll a pup, pick it back up and unload it.

If done properly it works great. OD was the best I’ve seen at properly utilizing an e track system, they also strap everything and use tons of air bags. I’ve never seen loads as high and tight as when I’d walk across an OD dock. I swear you could roll a pup, pick it back up and unload it.
We use all of the above tools to secure loads, but I don’t mind carrying in deck bars instead of them being stationary….

I have seen this , Towed in rolled trailers and very little was damaged except front corner freight where it landed the hardest

Here at FedEx, one of our OM's has earned the nickname "Captain Crunch," because when the freight is sticking out too far to close the door, he rams it with a forklift to compact it down so it will fit. A procedure we at FedEx affectionately call the "Purple Push."

I have watched dockworkers smash freight into the ceiling of a trailer to make it shorter so they can stick it on a deck, or stack it.

This kind of thing is not only NOT punished, in many cases, it's actually encouraged.

Here at FedEx, one of our OM's has earned the nickname "Captain Crunch," because when the freight is sticking out too far to close the door, he rams it with a forklift to compact it down so it will fit. A procedure we at FedEx affectionately call the "Purple Push."

I have watched dockworkers smash freight into the ceiling of a trailer to make it shorter so they can stick it on a deck, or stack it.

This kind of thing is not only NOT punished, in many cases, it's actually encouraged.
It was called the Con-way Crunch back in the day… so long as it’s not guaranteed freight wouldn’t it just be easier to strand the freight and deliver it one day later, in tact.

It was called the Con-way Crunch back in the day… so long as it’s not guaranteed freight wouldn’t it just be easier to strand the freight and deliver it one day later, in tact.
At Holland they referred to it as the “Orange Crush”. The supervisor standing at the rear of the trailer saying “Make it fit, Make it fit”. At times I thought it was about the Denver Broncos back in their prime in the late 70’s, but I soon learned better.

Why not just ghost the freight? Scan it on one trailer then load it on another! Confusing for the destination terminal , but , you don't care! You don't have to break the trailers on inbound!
It really doesn't look good when the hazmat placards are on the wrong trailer.