Yellow | Yellow Bankruptcy & The Devastation of Corporate Greed

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits

Last edited by a moderator:
Corporate greed?
I don't know about that but they are about the worst managed company I have ever seen in my life. Save your union blame for someone who believes it. My company seems to manage union and non union locations and turns a profit year after year. It was not the Freaking meme it was not the union it was the horrific management.

Also I have seen plenty of stuff saying bla bla bitter and angry teamsters bad workers fo sho some but look dood real talk. 83-94 Percent of the people I work with are disgruntled bitter and angry. ::shit:: #Me too what does that even mean so what...we bring our A games to work somehow every day and crush it. But make no mistake they the company that is the wokest of the woke trys to F us all time feed us pizza or give us points worth like 10 cents...and tell the line techs not to idle their trucks in the cold too much its ok to freeze global warming and all. Union or not. People work angry or not you can't blame the union for Yellow's failure.

I don't know about that but they are about the worst managed company I have ever seen in my life. Save your union blame for someone who believes it. My company seems to manage union and non union locations and turns a profit year after year. It was not the Freaking meme it was not the union it was the horrific management.
I didn't say anything about union/non union. My father was proud IBEW. I have a daughter who's a teacher (union). One of my best friends is a retired LEO (union). It's the Teamsters union I generally take issue with, but I didn't bring it into this conversation.

Also I have seen plenty of stuff saying bla bla bitter and angry teamsters bad workers fo sho some but look dood real talk. 83-94 Percent of the people I work with are disgruntled bitter and angry. :

I wasnt unhappy at a job for the last 28 years of my career. If even 25% of the employees are disgruntled, bitter and angry that's a horrible work environment. The employer needs to do a better job and the employees need to find work better suited to their personalities.

Last edited:
I wasnt unhappy at a job for the last 28 years of my career. If even 25% of the employees are disgruntled, bitter and angry that's a horrible work environment. The employer needs to do a better job and the employees need to find work better suited to their personalities.
Well it does have challenges we have had some wins in my dept. Not huge but took a part of my soul.Not as easy as you make it out to be,certain fields little more specialized we all have reasons for staying as did the thousands of Yellow freight people. People can't swap jobs based on personalities we aren't pot workers or something

I didn't say it was easy. But it is easier than going to a job you despise everyday. The fact that things are seen as wins and losses paints an adversarial employee/ employer relationship picture.

I didn't say it was easy. But it is easier than going to a job you despise everyday. The fact that things are seen as wins and losses paints an adversarial employee/ employer relationship picture.
That really wasn't the point I was trying to make... You had responded that it was better yellow paid managers than disgruntled bitter teamsters to clean out freight. Or something along the lines that if someone was bitter angry or disgruntled they couldn't knock it out of the park professionally I am emphatically disagreeing with that statement.

That really wasn't the point I was trying to make... You had responded that it was better yellow paid managers than disgruntled bitter teamsters to clean out freight. Or something along the lines that if someone was bitter angry or disgruntled they couldn't knock it out of the park professionally I am emphatically disagreeing with that statement.
Fair enough. Couldn't disagree more. Seen too many peaceful protests to believe really pissed off people are capable of acting rationally.

Fair enough. Couldn't disagree more. Seen too many peaceful protests to believe really pissed off people are capable of acting rationally.
Well I wouldn't exactly call those peaceful protests but I'm picking up what your laying down. What I have described is pretty accurate description of a fair amount of the American work force for better or for worse. It is not optimal for sure. Have an awesome rest of your day.

Sean why is there no fund to help former Yellow members make COBRA payments? You continue letting Teamsters die of cancer, diabetes and not being able to get lifesaving surgeries/medications while there is Billions in these health and welfare funds shame on O'Brien!

The worst greed is government. They force you to fork over upwards of at least 50% or more of your earnings.
Then local & states tax it again.
Then hand it out to non-deserving entities against your will.
No one is forced to do business with any company, but governments force you to hand over $$$$

Sean why is there no fund to help former Yellow members make COBRA payments? You continue letting Teamsters die of cancer, diabetes and not being able to get lifesaving surgeries/medications while there is Billions in these health and welfare funds shame on O'Brien!
Then complain to the Trustees of those Funds. The IBT has no control over them. Only the amount that gets negotiated to those Funds, AND the members voted to approve it.

Last edited:
Death is part of trucking.

Cobra is parasitical. When I quit KTC who was being bought by Exel Logistics one year a few weeks before that company disappeared to become another company which I had no love for. (Too much dock break bulk...) they billed me 750 for BCBS Cobra three months. Told me I can have it for 18 months.

I was fit as a fiddle, no fat no problems physically, medically etc. What good is burning 750 every three months for something that wont be used? In any case if anything did happen theres a 1986 law making Trauma and ER stabilize you then bill you after.

I learned not to take or pay for benefits in Company Trucking anything. Its all my cash after taxes. (And things I break...) it worked out well more or less.

If theres anyone who seriously are tightwads and cheap its management and especially corporate. And people wonder why I get difficult around them. They refuse to spend 50 dollars to fix a airline and then face a OOS order in the next inspection if I dont pay cash to fix it myself. Its stupid. They incessantly whine about the Pike tolls and wonder why I am now 5 hours arriving late in the afternoon on a 300 horse :shit:box up and down ridges across there.

So part of trucking as a employee falls to malicious compliance with both DOT and Company. Its broke, fix it please. Oh No? Fine find me another tractor or trailer. Oh deliver anyone? Nope. Find some other chump.