Yellow | Yellow Dallas

Remember you are subject to recall.
Go get your job at ABC and when YRC calls you may want to work on the weekend. If not screw them. You owe them nothing until they try to force you back.

The guys that were just called back on March 1 had to quit their jobs at ABC to return to YRC, because they only had 14 days to return, only to be laid off again on March 20. Will unemployment deny benefits for quitting the full-time job at ABC?

The guys that were just called back on March 1 had to quit their jobs at ABC to return to YRC, because they only had 14 days to return, only to be laid off again on March 20. Will unemployment deny benefits for quitting the full-time job at ABC?

It's been a long time since I have had to deal with unemployment, but based on the example you used, you would be filing unemployment against YRC not ABC.

Just got told on phone from one of the stewards that another 20 just got laid off at 509.
Still got over 100 before it gets to me, but I am seriously thinking about packing up and heading home. 800 miles is what I got this week, 1000 last week. I know i've still got a job and not laid off, but this sitting by the phone 24/7 is for the birds. It would be nice if we were all working with none laid off.

Just got told on phone from one of the stewards that another 20 just got laid off at 509.
Still got over 100 before it gets to me, but I am seriously thinking about packing up and heading home. 800 miles is what I got this week, 1000 last week. I know i've still got a job and not laid off, but this sitting by the phone 24/7 is for the birds. It would be nice if we were all working with none laid off.

I wonder how many are thinking the same thing? So they are down to 658 now?

Well, I can sit at home for a helluva lot less than it's costing me to sit down here. I'm just glad we didn't sell our house and move the wife down. I'm like the rest that came with the change, thought I would have steady work, but that didn't happen. So in the morning I hook up the fifth wheel and of I jolly well go.
I used to enjoy working for Yellow, since it became YRC it's whole different ball game, now I know why they gave me an ID card with a number on it, because that's all we are is a number to them, they don't give a rat's *ss how many lives they ruin, and I'll be damned if they are going to ruin mine. I'm not going to break into my savings to stay down here so I can continue to work for YRC.
I know freight is slow, but my god if YRC treated people with some dignity, and kept us informed of what was going on, instead of keeping us in the dark, it wouldn't have been so bad. I hope Dollar Bill and his Cronies enjoy their bonus money, because I sure missed that 10% from my pay, even though I voted against it.
So adios fellow teamsters, hope it all works out for you, but I am not hanging around on a hope and prayer that I get work.