Yellow | YELLOW DISASTER PAYROLL

DouchBag

TB Lurker
Credits
Good morning, I’m a 20 plus year Line driver from Reddaway SLC. We finally joined the Union last month after 20 plus years trying. Reddaway doesn’t exist anymore other then a sticker. We’re supposedly part of the Master freight contract now. Question: Where would I find a breakdown of pay ? Ie. Drop/Hook, Triple pay, wait time, shop time. At Reddaway if we stayed at a lay down more then 14 hours we would get paid after that. We called it Extended Lay Pay any such thing with Yellow. In the Intermountain West we would run Rocky sets and we would get paid the extra four sets for LVC for Rocky sets as well. I guess the master freight contract doesn’t even have that in the contract because yellow never ran rocky sets. Any help would help. This transaction is a nightmare for a lot of us Reddaway guys transitioning. Thank You

Here’s the breakdown out west. $24.4575 an hour. 0.61016 cents a mile for 2 trailers. 0.65016 cents per mile for 3 trailers. Rocky Sets used to be the larger amount until we became Master Freight now it’s the lesser amount. Because Yellow Freight never negotiated the Rocky Set pay because they never haul Rocky Sets until Absorbing Reddaway.

Your Road Steward - S Wingeier
Business Agent- J Kendall
Yellow did run Rocky s years ago. Management was not smart enough to make them work . A lack of hitches on the nation wide fleet of long boxes did not help much,

Your Road Steward - S Wingeier
Business Agent- J Kendall
Yellow did run Rocky s years ago. Management was not smart enough to make them work . A lack of hitches on the nation wide fleet of long boxes did not help much,
Inability to keep the long trailers where they needed to be was the issue.
Fla turnpike and NY thruway ran long trailer doubles also and those trailers got lost or stuck in city ops all the time.

Inability to keep the long trailers where they needed to be was the issue.
Fla turnpike and NY thruway ran long trailer doubles also and those trailers got lost or stuck in city ops all the time.
Yeah, because that’s just the equipment you want to do pud in a large crowded metro area, right?

Yeah, because that’s just the equipment you want to do pud in a large crowded metro area, right?
They do it all the time out west. 40’ lift gates are very common. I have no idea how this gets turned to equipment discussion lol was looking for an actual Yellow Master Freight work break down list. What actions get you paid and what actions don’t get you paid.

I’m looking for same thing man. They will tell u u don’t get paid certain things but ready u do. It seems like their trying to save the company money by telling u that u don’t get paid for the work u have done.

I’m looking for same thing man. They will tell u u don’t get paid certain things but ready u do. It seems like their trying to save the company money by telling u that u don’t get paid for the work u have done.
From what I’ve gathered when I’ve looked at the computer dispatch. We get paid wait time, drop and hook, shop time, fuel, layover meals. I don’t see impassable Highway or extended lay. I guess put that down as wait time and miscellaneous lol The payroll here is absolutely terrible. If you have a problem I have to find someone at your home terminal to email someone they don’t even know if they can help. There’s no phone numbers only emails. Good luck

From what I’ve gathered when I’ve looked at the computer dispatch. We get paid wait time, drop and hook, shop time, fuel, layover meals. I don’t see impassable Highway or extended lay. I guess put that down as wait time and miscellaneous lol The payroll here is absolutely terrible. If you have a problem I have to find someone at your home terminal to email someone they don’t even know if they can help. There’s no phone numbers only emails. Good luck
U also get paid if u break your trailers apart and put them away. They will try and tell u u don’t but u do.

They do it all the time out west. 40’ lift gates are very common. I have no idea how this gets turned to equipment discussion lol was looking for an actual Yellow Master Freight work break down list. What actions get you paid and what actions don’t get you paid.
Your supplement has your mileages and or wages for your area .As far as individual break down for tasks performed it’s in mileage and or hours worked.Keep track of what you do.Make-sure it matches what you have done.There is no individual break down.Because the Don’t have too.Check The Fair Labor standards act for your state’s requirements for pay stubs.

Good morning, I’m a 20 plus year Line driver from Reddaway SLC. We finally joined the Union last month after 20 plus years trying. Reddaway doesn’t exist anymore other then a sticker. We’re supposedly part of the Master freight contract now. Question: Where would I find a breakdown of pay ? Ie. Drop/Hook, Triple pay, wait time, shop time. At Reddaway if we stayed at a lay down more then 14 hours we would get paid after that. We called it Extended Lay Pay any such thing with Yellow. In the Intermountain West we would run Rocky sets and we would get paid the extra four sets for LVC for Rocky sets as well. I guess the master freight contract doesn’t even have that in the contract because yellow never ran rocky sets. Any help would help. This transaction is a nightmare for a lot of us Reddaway guys transitioning. Thank You
It’s called no communication, yellow drop the bomb on us and said “there you go boys”

Your local union is required by law to provide you with copies of any and all contracts, supplements. local agreements and work rules

Welcome, Brother! Here is a link for you. Hope this will help. I am just assuming you would be covered under the Western Supplement PLUS the NMFA. https://teamster.org/2019-2024-yrc-...F23ocg24Z5vfFbbbts2cwMUxiCUny4zc88cK1OiVcOWcM

That's the way this group is...you ask for recipes for how to make cookies and the next thing you know you are at the factory being shown how they load them on the trucks! LOL I sent you a PM.

I am a former Reddaway steward and as I understand it what we voted on last April was to agree with the wage and benefit rates of the NMFA. That is all.

We are still SUPPOSED to be paid the same as before in regards to our actions performed ie: .75 hrs for a triple hook .5 hrs for doubles etc... like our old contract stated. Those of us in JC 37 still are being paid like this. TNFINC (Union) is still in negotiations with the company on integrating us with the rest of Master Freight.
I imagine we will get the rest shoved down our throats after the first of the year when they do the "One Yellow" BS.

What I am telling my guys (ok former guys but that doesn't go away) is act like we did a year ago and don't change any payroll actions. The higher rates are in effect but we don't need to write that down just keep doing what you were doing before.
If the company refuses to honor that file a grievance and make them work it out. Use the article numbers from the old contract since we don't have copies of the new one. That is another way to force them into getting us copies of the NMFA. I have no problem flooding my local w/grievances and forcing them to do their job which makes ::shit:: actually roll uphill. Unless the higher ups are forced to do something they won't.
To say I am pissed at the union is an understatement. They have dropped the ball on this so we have to pick it up.

Many of us have seen the change of Op's at our terminals and the dovetailing of our boards w/Yellow.
Curious if the non-union barns are being end-tailed or if they forced you all to be Teamsters before the integration so you didn't get hosed? If not we tried to warn you.

As usual there is zero communication about any of this and are more rumors than truth.
We can't even get a complete copy of the NMFA (160+ pages) just the one that says a lot of "no changes" to articles we don't even know what those article said to begin with.

Hang in there folks (ALL OF US) and keep pushing back. We have truly never been in a stronger position in our working lives.

Agree our payroll is sadistically low compared to non-union payroll !!
No Money Bangladeshi GIF by GifGari