Yellow | yellow pension

I think RB was responding to matth37 who stated that he was retired for 13 years already and that his pension would not be affected by future contribution rates.
I see that now....sorry RB...
Homer Simpson Vomit GIF

As Tri says, I should be able to manage my own retirement. You don’t think a company that offers a pension as part of total compensation should be able to manage it?
Teamster pensions in trucking are not truly "company pensions" but "multi-employer pensions". There is a difference.

Yep, just like the false advertisement on the back of the trailers “100% paid health benefits”. We get a raise and 90% of it goes to health insurance.
That ad on the trailer rear door was designed to attract the only people that will work for the pitiful wages-the sick and unhealthy!

Teamster pensions in trucking are not truly "company pensions" but "multi-employer pensions". There is a difference.
Didn’t specify. I was a Teamster for 20 years with a company funded pension. Didn’t bring up examples. Say…UPS vs YRC. There are good pensions, but you’ll find fault in that statement as well. Good for you.

Your pension is based on employer contributions paid on your behalf. If Yellow began paying 100% into the fund today, it would not affect your pension at all. You will not get any more than you are getting now.
Yes but, it would improve future pensioners!! Who knows maybe it would attract new blood, if the pension looked maybe close to what ours was supposed to be!! 29 years here,wishing I had what they told us in the 80's.

Pension is where it’s at. Not everyone needs premium healthcare (knock on wood).
Ok, your kids get free braces ? You walk into dentist and walk out never having a bill? If you had to get major surgury in the 6 figures would you pay more than 200 out of pocket? No one needs it until they do. Have 3 kids, Thank You Teamsters for the great insurance.