TForce | Yet another reason why "diversity" horse hit is wrong:

maxicoze

TB Regular
Credits
We, at UPS freight/T-force have practiced and still practice this unfortunate and wrong policy.

i hate to bring this up, but here is another reason why "diversity" bull's hit is wrong:

Now, don't get me wrong: Let me make completely clear that i have worked with MANY women managers, drivers and dockworkers for that matter who are damn good at their jobs. And, i am very proud to work with them. i don't care what gender you are, what you look like, we even may disagree politically; It can now be revealed that i lean left (i'm from the northeast, what do expect.....). That should REALLY tell you how wrong this policy is.........

But the RIGHT person for the job needs to be PUT on the job. NOT put there simply because we "need" more representation in that area.

i have much more to say about this, along with delivering to women, most immigrants, and todays "men," myself included......

Ya know? You and I can agree on this.

I hope to God that this filly was not put in for diversity purposes much of which has been made over decades.

This is how i understand Diversity int he workplace.

If I run a trucking company... say with 10 people. A certain number of them need to be of any and all races. That way I can be considered a diverse employer.

I am chafing at the idea that a little girl would be playing with guns and not yet full grown. I have dealt with actual armorers in real life and they are cold bastards who stick to the BOOK. Rule this rule that rule something else and rules on down. check check check and check. Nothing would move forward until everything is gone over twice.

IF truckers were as professional as Armorers (Bear with me...) trucks undergoing pretrips would need hours waiting for a open shop bay to remedy the problem however minor before being signed off to go onto the big road.

i don't know much about movie making, but why in the world do you need a loaded gun on set?

And yes, you want your armorer to be an old guy who is, let's just say, not very nice.

Hell, you want the old guy who isn't very nice to be in charge of everything.........

If that Soviet Gal's death has to be of any value here, its going to need pernament change in that industry with the affected issues. It may very well put Hollywood out of money for a while.

Seems like every yahoo with a bit of money and a camera is wanting to make a movie these days.

As far as guns that shoot, I have Grit here at the house and watch westerns constantly. One with Wells Fargo, the Agent was able to put a round through a shotglass while a bad guy was fighting to get the gun out of his holster but way too late to the job and possibly will spend the rest of his remaining life trying to catch up.

The way that scene played out it is good that he stayed right where he is under fire from the targeted shotglass on the table. Personally I dont particularly enjoy having rounds go by. Big angry bumblebees that can kill. If you thought you were awake and at work then you are now.

There was a movie that had me in hysterical mess. Pecos Bill something or other. Not TOO SERIOUS on the gun stuff. But some of it is hysterically funny. I dont know why.

A different film that created problems was "The quick and the dead" I think the situation has gotten out of control when Crazy Horse cannot be killed by being shot. Whoo.

If you are going to watch a Western that addresses in several layers the good guys, bad guys and the ugly in gun play, I offer you Lonesome Dove series Starting with the Original.