Your jobs since high school

USMC 2 weeks after 1969 high school graduation until 1973….Fun Travel And Adventure.
Truck driver Detroit Mi. 1973 -1981. Fun Travel And Adventure.
Roadway Express Albuquerque NM. 1981- 2009. Fun Travel And Adventure.
Retirement 2009 - Best gig ever.

I wont bore you folks with the details of my Lack luster life, however between my military service and present employer i have devoted 26 years
1984-1992 US Army 95B20/K9 Military Police
Jan 1996-Present N&M Transfer.

There have been other Noteworthy NoN mentionable jobs :clappy:

I wont bore you folks with the details of my Lack luster life, however between my military service and present employer i have devoted 26 years
1984-1992 US Army 95B20/K9 Military Police
Jan 1996-Present N&M Transfer.

There have been other Noteworthy NoN mentionable jobs :clappy:

Thanks for your service dude

Sailors are as important as any of us, thank you Medic! It takes alot to be stuck on that ship and be a sitting duck, takes a brave man to sign on to that.

Sailors are as important as any of us, thank you Medic! It takes alot to be stuck on that ship and be a sitting duck, takes a brave man to sign on to that.

Sailors are like the Marines private taxi..:biglaugh::woot2:...take us where we need to go.

J/K some of the best guys were our navy corpsmen...love those guys

This jarhead winger ( VMFA-333 ) went on two cruises aboard the USS America CVA-66. All I can say is, Go Navy!.

I was ship's company on USS America. Was on her decom cruise

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

I was ship's company on USS America. Was on her decom cruise

I went on a Med Cruise, 1971 and a Westpac Cruise 1972-1973 aboard the USS America along with VMFA-333. What makes me feel old and sad is both are now gone. VMFA-333 was deactivated in 1992. The USS America was sunk by the Navy in 2005.

I went on a Med Cruise, 1971 and a Westpac Cruise 1972-1973 aboard the USS America along with VMFA-333. What makes me feel old and sad is both are now gone. VMFA-333 was deactivated in 1992. The USS America was sunk by the Navy in 2005.

My dad served shortly on the first nuclear powered destroyer, the Truxtun. Someone told me recently that it has been turned into razor blades.

Well, at least the hull.

I went to Haiti on the America in '94 and did her last cruise to the med in '95. I was a blue shirt then a yellow shirt on the roof. We had VMFA-251 onboard. I was in a group who tried to get her turned into a museum but it fell on deaf ears in the Navy Department. Just before she slipped under

3umaguzy.jpg

I went to Haiti on the America in '94 and did her last cruise to the med in '95. I was a blue shirt then a yellow shirt on the roof. We had VMFA-251 onboard. I was in a group who tried to get her turned into a museum but it fell on deaf ears in the Navy Department. Just before she slipped under

3umaguzy.jpg

Anchors Aweigh.

Well now I just feel inadequate..what jobs could I possibly follow with that could even compare to all these fine service men?
First off, in whatever capacity you served, thank you. I do mean that sincerely.
Secondly, as much as it pained you to see that carrier be put down, it is an incredible picture.

I think I will save you ratings and company names, as not many of them you'll have heard of or care to know anyway, but it may give you an insight into a girl not satisfied to work for desk wages..

Ferrellgas- where I learned to hate a desk and ended up working the filling side and repair side more than the front counter.

Water utility for the town of Parachute. Another reason to hate a desk job..boring!!

Powderhorn ski resort- chair lift operator, dragging 800 lb women who wrecked in a fit of giggles on the off ramps from being ran over by the next skier.

Tree trimmer- yes I hung from trees with a chainsaw hanging from my waist and climbing gaffs strapped to my boots, I neither stabbed myself with them nor fell from a tree, I only got a tad hung up once, by my bra, for 20 minutes... I survived the indignity.

Electrician helper- I cheated with this one, my father is a master electrician. Since 11 years old he would stuff me under the floors of newly constructed homes and let me pull wire for him, I also learned how to install any kind of device in a home. I still do this with my dad on the side when he needs help, or if he wants some good father daughter time, and he still buys breakfast :)

Stay at home Mom for 4 years, best use of my patience and time yet.

Guard for oilfield properties- really all I did was make friends with the oilfield workers, squirrels and one bobcat.
I met Brian at this time and was besotted the second he made me laugh.

Truck driver extraordinaire -HA-
Flatbed and winch truck- pipehauler, rig mover for two different companies.
Tanker- hauled production water off wellsites.
Side dump, end dump, belly dump and dump trucks.
Pneumatic- sand can.
And last but not least temp for UPS, doubles over the Rockies.