TForce | Your Terminal Cannot Accept "Applicants" - if a Lay-off is in Effect!

NiKDiesel

TB Regular
Credits
Logo.jpg
Img01.jpg
Img02.jpg

UPS_Career.jpg

UPS Freight is now accepting - applications for Future Employment:

https://ups.managehr.com/Freight_home.htm

https://ups.managehr.com/JobSearch.aspx

This is a "Major - No, No" when Your Terminal is affected by a Lay-off!

A Total Recall must take place - prior to Your terminal - accepting any potential applicants!

Check to see if Your terminal is listed... (make sure You click on the UPS Freight link)

If it is...

Notify Your Steward Immediately!

Lets get these people back to work - ASAP!

I agree i am waiting on my call back SO HELP ME if they have hired im gonna ride this till the end It is the law that they call you back and in the contract you have a 2 year call back and keep your seniority after that your screwed

Logo.jpg
Img01.jpg
Img02.jpg
UPS_Career.jpg

UPS Freight is now accepting - applications for Future Employment:

https://ups.managehr.com/Freight_home.htm

https://ups.managehr.com/JobSearch.aspx

This is a "Major - No, No" when Your Terminal is affected by a Lay-off!

A Total Recall must take place - prior to Your terminal - accepting any potential applicants!

Check to see if Your terminal is listed... (make sure You click on the UPS Freight link)

If it is...

Notify Your Steward Immediately!

Lets get these people back to work - ASAP!

Isn't this something the stewart is supposed to be looking out for in the first place?????????????

UPS can accept as many pre-applications as they want, it's called preparing! Just so long as they do not hire newbies before laid off workers, we're golden!

Now here is the million dollar question. What if you have a laid off worker and the neighboring terminal is hiring, yet you cannot even inquire because of the transfer freeze?

UPS can accept as many pre-applications as they want, it's called preparing!

If We were still a non-Union Carrier... then Yes - they could...

In a Unionized Environment - this is Totally Unacceptable!

eric, call Your BA - if You need additional clarification on this matter...

Being a Teamster - isn't a one (1) person crusade...

All members must contribute!

Is not the stewart getting paid to keep the member's of whichever facility they work at informed of any changes of operation.

The reason all Teamster members pay dues is for the Teamster leadership to watch out for instances like this otherwise what are we paying dues for.

Now here is the million dollar question. What if you have a laid off worker and the neighboring terminal is hiring, yet you cannot even inquire because of the transfer freeze?

Don't ask to be transferred...

Have Your BA speak with the BA servicing that terminal - and see if They can absorb the extra work through: Article 3 - Section 1_subparagraph (b) until business levels pick back-up at own terminal.

Article 3
Recognition, Union Shop, And Checkoff
Section 1. Recognition

(b)
When the Employer needs additional employees, it shall give the Union equal opportunity with all other sources to provide suitable applicants, but the Employer shall not be required to hire those referred by the Union.

Plus

In the Past - terminals that needed additional help... called upon other terminals to see if They could spare or ask for volunteers to go and help out at another terminal...

I have heard that this practice is still permissible...

Have Your BA claim / protect this option through: Article 41

Is not the stewart getting paid to keep the member's of whichever facility they work at informed of any changes of operation.

The reason all Teamster members pay dues is for the Teamster leadership to watch out for instances like this otherwise what are we paying dues for.

Representation!

Anything else - is icing on the cake!

Representation!

If We were still a non-Union Carrier... then Yes - they could...

In a Unionized Environment - this is Totally Unacceptable!

eric, call Your BA - if You need additional clarification on this matter...

Could you inform everyone which article and section we should file for accepting PRE-APPLICATIONS? Mind you this is not even a legit application, nothing more than contact information and social security number. At which some point in time you may be invited to fill out an application, if the need arises!

Representation!

Are you a stewart?......because this type of answer would be extremely unexceptable if you were at the facility I work at.

I guess my question to you would be what do you consider Representation to actually be?

How would he know it before they put the notice out???

Because any new hire's have to get signed up by the steward to join the union before working. So the steward should know who is on layoff and if the company is trying to hire-in new workers before any layoff's are called back.

I've heard that every terminal is listed. It is a precautionary measure in case YRC fails. All on lay-off will be called back 1st.

Hello.

Hi there. I applied on there website. For the Columbus Ohio location.

For partime dock, city driver, or roaddriver. I am waiting to get on board with this company.

A laid-off 10 year Yellow City-dock , hell everything qualified man.

Thanks but no thanks Yrcw. :Flame-On::nutkick:

Hopefully this Union company , brings me on board.:popcorn:

Hello.

Hi there. I applied on there website. For the Columbus Ohio location.

For partime dock, city driver, or roaddriver. I am waiting to get on board with this company.

A laid-off 10 year Yellow City-dock , hell everything qualified man.

Thanks but no thanks Yrcw. :Flame-On::nutkick:

Hopefully this Union company , brings me on board.:popcorn:

I think you posted in the wrong thread. This one is more suitable for your post: http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/ups-freight/52379-most-terminals-taking-apps-what.html

good luck lol