Youtube

cityman

TB Lurker
Credits
I dont know how to post a link, so I will just tell any former CF'ers to go on youtube and search Consolidated Freightways. Somebody put a slideshow of pictures from over the years. Very cool video with Metallica's fade to black as a fitting song.

Cool video, cool song ... I started driving in 1991 and if you would have told me that CF would close in 2002, I would have laughed .... Here's to the men and women of the former Consolidated Freightways ! What a shame and I can't believe they've been gone for over 5 years ....

I agree that was a very nice tribute.
I still rememeber when I worked for them as casual city driver,and dock hand.
Back in 1986 I was only one week away from going on their fultime clock,when I snapped a low phone line.
That was the end of that.
But I do rememeber driving those second story high flat back freightshakers.

They weren't the best for running a city route,but not bad once you got used to them.
You could make some very tight spots with no nose to look over.
I would have also got a good laugh if anyone said they'd close their doors.

But then when Labor day of 2002 rolled up.
They pulled one of the worst tricks in the book,by giving the news of the closing for their employees to call an 800 number.
So much for loyalty?

very nice tribute. i didn't work for them but i know a few who did and they all had fond memories. one question : i saw two pics of a CF tractor pillung a fuel trailer. was this part of their operation too ?

The pictures I seen was of a bulk tanker. The picture showed silos in the background. Probably hauled flour or cement, not sure what they hauled most likely before my time.

CF Hauled a lot of different things over the years.They had a tank division called CF Tank Lines.They also used to have collapsible tanks so they could haulk liquids one way freight the other.They also hauled Cattle and Automobiles.They were a broker in the early days for United Van Lines and they had a Heavy Haul divisions.In 1941 they were part of Motor freight service called Freightways members were

Consolidated Freightways
Pacific Intermountain Express Freightways
Phoenix Blue Diamond Express Freightway
Russell Freightways
Salt Creek Freightways
Savage Freightways
Union Feightways
And Canadian Freightways

They operated for several years intill the Government Broke them up. They said it was a monopoly.
I have a Shippers Guide from 1941 with all of the routes and pictures of the terminals.

Steve

CF Hauled a lot of different things over the years.They had a tank division called CF Tank Lines.They also used to have collapsible tanks so they could haulk liquids one way freight the other.They also hauled Cattle and Automobiles.They were a broker in the early days for United Van Lines and they had a Heavy Haul divisions.In 1941 they were part of Motor freight service called Freightways members were

Consolidated Freightways
Pacific Intermountain Express Freightways
Phoenix Blue Diamond Express Freightway
Russell Freightways
Salt Creek Freightways
Savage Freightways
Union Feightways
And Canadian Freightways

They operated for several years intill the Government Broke them up. They said it was a monopoly.
I have a Shippers Guide from 1941 with all of the routes and pictures of the terminals.

Steve

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the info.

WOW!!!! Cool tribute to people that made CF what it was and could have still been! Union, non-union...does not matter, great company that was sold out by Mr. Blake...he stood for nothing and got what he deserved. I would really like to see the U-tube video of his house, after the former CFers got some revenge! Power to the employees of Consolidated Freightways!:hide:

awsome tribute. knew lots of good darn drivers there.. darn shame. good to remember those good funny times tellin fish stories with those cf fellas. will truely be missed

Great Years

Had 19 GREAT years. Meet and worked with some GREAT people, and a few buttheads, enjoyed them all.

Time moved on and CF moved into the ashcan of trucking history.

Bump.
I'm feeling nostalgic.
The Youtube link above was killed off because it was infringing on Hanks Truck Pictures. (Thats a no no and it states that on his site)

Very Fitting Music.
Tribute to PIE and CF trucking companies CF Tribute starts at the 4:20 minute mark.

As a teenager, I ordered a hood for a 1969 Mustang Mach 1 and it was delivered by CF!

worked for cf for 22 yrs (pop & then clp) still miss it.Would have loved to see youtube video seems to be no longer available.Can any one help?