Yellow | YRC April 2012 COO Has Been Canceled Until Furthur Notice

Awwww... Welch must really care about his "family" after all...
LOL!!!

Good news for everone who this would have affected. But the question i have is this guy any better then zollars? It seems to me he dosent know what direction to go. It seems shady that no $ amount was given for the sale of glen moore no 4th quarter report yet,....

That's exactly what it said - "The MEETING has been canceled". Doesn't mean the COO is canceled.

The letter states "when and if this change is rescheduled you will be notified". "If" pretty much leaves everything up in the air. Hopefully we'll get a little more info. in the next week. They can't do this again for awhile so maybe they just want more time to analize the whole thing. I find it hard to believe they'd announce to the public their intensions of focusing on over 500 mile freight rather than short haul, then wake up one day and say "nevermind". I'm wondering what the big mystery is with our 4th quarter report. Could it be that it was so horrible it forced them to put a hault to any future plans? Almost half way through February and still not a peep. By law, aren't they required to issue a report by a certain date?

Yrc is now run by the banks and they like to hire college educated idiots and they call them "freight engineers"
They know nothing about hauling freight it's all about numbers

So let me get this straight, YRC IS staying in the next-day freight business? Or not? This is one thing about working for a union company I would find quite aggravating, trying to keep up with what's going on. For all of Con-job's flaws, at least they keep us informed of their version of what they're doing. Only question is if it's the truth or not.

Appears to me the meeting is just cancelled... I don't see anywhere that the COO is cancelled

I was told last night (around 6:30 pm est) That the COO was cancelled\postponed because the president of local 24 and the president of the Columbus, Oh. area (not sure of the local #) found out that the company was already moving the freight the way the "upcoming" change would. IE: Around Coldwater, Mi. and Columbus, Oh. That they put a call into the freight director of the IBT and that he cancelled the meetings.

I was just told the COO is cancelled as well until further notice....

Very strangely silent on 4th quarter and full year earnings. I believe this act is tied to it. Either they made a profit and don't need a change or they lost more then thought and need something else. Maybe we are doomed.
The letter states "when and if this change is rescheduled you will be notified". "If" pretty much leaves everything up in the air. Hopefully we'll get a little more info. in the next week. They can't do this again for awhile so maybe they just want more time to analize the whole thing. I find it hard to believe they'd announce to the public their intensions of focusing on over 500 mile freight rather than short haul, then wake up one day and say "nevermind". I'm wondering what the big mystery is with our 4th quarter report. Could it be that it was so horrible it forced them to put a hault to any future plans? Almost half way through February and still not a peep. By law, aren't they required to issue a report by a certain date?

"We" is a collective term , friend , doesn't matter how one voted , the majority voted to give it back thus there is no theft involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am beginning to suspect the competence of our new leadership team. So far it appears as though one of the Howard brothers is running the place.

"W"e is a collective term , friend , doesn't matter how one voted , the majority voted to give it back thus there is no theft involved.
The "Majority" voted for it. Not I...Not he....Maybe you I don't know....but your the one making big stink over terminoligy....Your pants are unzipped man.