Yellow | YRC Freight Driving School?

Next, you will be trying to convince me that forests have trees.

:wink:

I think you may be thinking of the forest in West Virginia El, where that Swift driver got stuck and they had to clear the trees with a dozer to get him out????

I got my CDL in a very thorough 3 month 40hr/wk driving school run by Yellow in Schecksville, Pa ( near Allentown) in 91. It was run at Lehigh County Community College. We used Yellow epuiptment. They eere gonna build a large terminal near Nazereth but it never happened. They offered some of us jobs in Maybrook and Lancaster. At least 2 classes wet thru. Just saw a guy i was in there with at a dock yesterday.

Is this you ????

Is Albag the porker in the bibs? Lol

I called in sick that day.
MTE5NTU2MzE2MzA4MTQ1Njc1.jpg

The 4 in the picture were hired under a 90 day full-time probation. They were casuals who went full-time. In the probationary period the had to get their CDL with all endorsements. They worked their midnite shift and then trained off the clock for 6 weeks in the yard and street with a company trainer for 3-4 hrs a day. Kansas City is a CDL barn. 8 others did this program also and got their CDL. If they didn't complete the program by the end of the 90 days the would be removed from seniority roster and employment terminated, which happened to 2 others.

The 4 in the picture were hired under a 90 day full-time probation. They were casuals who went full-time. In the probationary period the had to get their CDL with all endorsements. They worked their midnite shift and then trained off the clock for 6 weeks in the yard and street with a company trainer for 3-4 hrs a day. Kansas City is a CDL barn. 8 others did this program also and got their CDL. If they didn't complete the program by the end of the 90 days the would be removed from seniority roster and employment terminated, which happened to 2 others.

Everyone in Kansas City terminal has a CDL?

Everyone in Kansas City terminal has a CDL?

No. Everyone hired after 92 I believe. Some have medical reasons now and have been DOT medically disqualified. To be hired full-time you have to have one. Only exception was the STL guys who came on change of ops last year.