Yellow | YRC Freight New Tractor Safety Equipment Specifications

I shift is the best thing since Zollars leaving................
Full auto transmission no clutch pedal, paddle shift ............
My only question is who is going to know how to fix all these new electronic toy's ? Surely not a little old parts changer in an untrained YRC shop........

Technology is nice, but Automated Trans. I think they are preparing for having to hire directly from Driving Schools, for ever, well 56 total. I will never see one. I havn't had a white Volvo in almost 2 yrs. Had 10 Freight Liners though.
:shift:

Technology is nice, but Automated Trans. I think they are preparing for having to hire directly from Driving Schools, for ever, well 56 total. I will never see one. I havn't had a white Volvo in almost 2 yrs. Had 10 Freight Liners though.

Driver-less trucks. The shifts will be programmed to occur according to the GPS coordinates on all the road runs.

Come over to 309 and bid shuttle. Most of them drive white ones all the time.

Driver-less trucks. The shifts will be programmed to occur according to the GPS coordinates on all the road runs.
Could happen T. Did any of us think we would be walking around with a phone/computer on our belts ? I won't bet against it.

Got the Auto Shift Eaton with a clutch peddle for starting and stopping.
I can run with the big dogs ( Bull Haulers ) if I choose but it is not cut back either. The kitty likes to run...............................
Try it you will like it.

First impressions are there are a lot of new toys on these tractors that will be very tempting targets for the disgruntled among us.
Other than that there seems to be a lot of new items in the dash display that Drivers will have to monitor. I worry about Drivers being distracted by this.
But then again I come from an era where we were lucky to have a fuel gauge in the dash. (Remember having to "Stick the tanks"?)
Call me a damn fool or old fashioned but I'm still not convinced that "Progress" is always a good thing.

XM Radios, in just the sleepers or what? What is an I Shift Automated Manual Transmission?
If you ever saw the later model Roadway sleepers, a few had the Eaton Auto-Select transmissions. These demonstration units has 13L 400HP Series 60 Detroit's as well. Clutch pedal to start and stop. You could "over ride" the transmission program or use the controls to manually select and shift.

First impressions are there are a lot of new toys on these tractors that will be very tempting targets for the disgruntled among us.
Other than that there seems to be a lot of new items in the dash display that Drivers will have to monitor. I worry about Drivers being distracted by this.
But then again I come from an era where we were lucky to have a fuel gauge in the dash. (Remember having to "Stick the tanks"?)
Call me a damn fool or old fashioned but I'm still not convinced that "Progress" is always a good thing.
So are you saying we have some people working here that fall into the category like it says on some car and truck commercials, " professional driver, do not attempt this on your own" ??????

I have a friend who drives a brand new International with all the bells and whistles listed above. He is in the shop quite a bit due to electrical and computer related issues.
While I know that they are Volvos and Freightliner's, don't be surprised if that happens here as well. Job security for the boys in the shop!

Bring back the Mack's! Talk about "distractions"! The good old days?

By the time you finally get your hands on one to drive, all the info on the visor is peeled off. They gave us those flyers that FM1 has posted and told us you have to turn this and that off when the road is covered in snow because it will keep beeping and snapping pics and braking thinking you have ran off the road. I see this as nothing but trouble, I hope the City men grab everyone of them every day for the next yr. & 1/2.
:tr10driving03:

By the time you finally get your hands on one to drive, all the info on the visor is peeled off. They gave us those flyers that FM1 has posted and told us you have to turn this and that off when the road is covered in snow because it will keep beeping and snapping pics and braking thinking you have ran off the road. I see this as nothing but trouble, I hope the City men grab everyone of them every day for the next yr. & 1/2.
:tr10driving03:

And another thing to be concerned about with the expanded computerization of vehicles (including trucks)...

Justice Department working on national car-tracking database
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...nt-working-on-national-car-tracking-database/