Yellow | YRC is not that bad

mud_cat

TB Lurker
Credits
truck.jpg

With all the cuts and mess going on at YRC, its still not as bad as driving otr for .28-39 per mile with these other companies. You get $800 a week roughly, you are home every night with your family, you sleep in your bed with your wife or girlfriend and enjoy your days off.

These laid off guys get 4 days home a month, eat Wendy's, arbys, mcd`s, and subway daily for dinner. They are forced to take sleep apnea test they must pay for. The women they date have no teeth and bad hygiene, they work or baby sit a truck and trailer 24 hrs a day. On your day off you get paid time and a half, or double time. On his day off they call him in to work and he gets nothing.

If you want to complain about YRC and how things are going, please quit so the laid off guys can come back and do the job. we would love to have it! We would like to buy Harleys and new Ford trucks also.:order:

truck.jpg

With all the cuts and mess going on at YRC, its still not as bad as driving otr for .28-39 per mile with these other companies. You get $800 a week roughly, you are home every night with your family, you sleep in your bed with your wife or girlfriend and enjoy your days off.

These laid off guys get 4 days home a month, eat Wendy's, arbys, mcd`s, and subway daily for dinner. They are forced to take sleep apnea test they must pay for. The women they date have no teeth and bad hygiene, they work or baby sit a truck and trailer 24 hrs a day. On your day off you get paid time and a half, or double time. On his day off they call him in to work and he gets nothing.

If you want to complain about YRC and how things are going, please quit so the laid off guys can come back and do the job. we would love to have it! We would like to buy Harleys and new Ford trucks also.:order:
Some us did and you still find reasons to complain about us. Don't convince me how good you have it, keep working on yourself.

truck.jpg

Yes, YRC is LESS bad.

truck.jpg

Get a different career! Yrc will be at the otr pay scale very soon.. only a matter of time, either that they will be bankrupt. Everybody around me working at YRC are scrambling to pay there bills they already have let alone buying new Fords and Harleys .Get away from driving trucks as fast as you can it will be in your better interest!!

Yrc is super ba duper. Once you find a job you like and do not mind going to every day, then let me know how good you had it at YRC. I am only guessing but mud you must have a lot of seniority, to be so tearie eyed about YRC. Yes at one time YRC was the cat's A__s, but those days are gone. If you add up the toll this place takes on your body, mind, and whatever else you have, it adds up. I am not sure if,all the changes have got to you yet, moving being laid off, call back, off so long no vacation, moving again, driving 100 miles or better just to have a job. Renting a crappy apartment with 3 or 4 other guys, to go to work and then coming home on weekends to see your family. Alot of guys that I worked with at 120 anr doing this now, up and down the east coast. The other this company likes to do is call you back (after you have a new job, promise you the world), then lay you off again. I saw it happen to guys at 120 all the time. No personal attack, just my view of how I see things.:9529:

Yrc is super ba duper. Once you find a job you like and do not mind going to every day, then let me know how good you had it at YRC. I am only guessing but mud you must have a lot of seniority, to be so tearie eyed about YRC. Yes at one time YRC was the cat's A__s, but those days are gone. If you add up the toll this place takes on your body, mind, and whatever else you have, it adds up. I am not sure if,all the changes have got to you yet, moving being laid off, call back, off so long no vacation, moving again, driving 100 miles or better just to have a job. Renting a crappy apartment with 3 or 4 other guys, to go to work and then coming home on weekends to see your family. Alot of guys that I worked with at 120 anr doing this now, up and down the east coast. The other this company likes to do is call you back (after you have a new job, promise you the world), then lay you off again. I saw it happen to guys at 120 all the time. No personal attack, just my view of how I see things.:9529:

Darn 1st time I agreed with Stroud :kicking:
Think im gonna be sick.:9529:

I agree with you Mud Cat. This job is not that bad--period!

A lot of the people who rip on this job on this site, don't work for the company any more. They wish they could continue making easy money, but the recession/downsizing/pension freeze forced them out. Now they are just disgruntled whiners with axes to grind who have to do things like create imaginary girlfriends made of latex to ease the pain of their sad lives.

I'm on track to make about $44k this year, and all I do is work the dock--easy money. P&D drivers are getting $55k easy. Some of you guys should compare this job to jobs outside of trucking. I have a friend who makes $55k as a teacher in California. He has to put up with a lot of grief, continue furthering his education, and live in a :::shit:::hole in the Mojave Desert for that.

The best thing about being in the union is not having to worry about the bosses getting on your case about numbers, damages, missed pickups and deliveries, etc. In my book, peace of mind like that is worth the dues I pay. There are people at non-union carriers worried on a daily basis about losing their job because the boss ain't happy! I feel sorry for them! :frown:

A lot of the people who rip on this job on this site, don't work for the company any more. They wish they could continue making easy money, but the recession/downsizing/pension freeze forced them out. Now they are just disgruntled whiners with axes to grind who have to do things like create imaginary girlfriends made of latex to ease the pain of their sad lives.

I'm on track to make about $44k this year, and all I do is work the dock--easy money. P&D drivers are getting $55k easy. Some of you guys should compare this job to jobs outside of trucking. I have a friend who makes $55k as a teacher in California. He has to put up with a lot of grief, continue furthering his education, and live in a :::shit:::hole in the Mojave Desert for that.

The best thing about being in the union is not having to worry about the bosses getting on your case about numbers, damages, missed pickups and deliveries, etc. In my book, peace of mind like that is worth the dues I pay. There are people at non-union carriers worried on a daily basis about losing their job because the boss ain't happy! I feel sorry for them! :frown:

And then he woke up! Threw the newspaper off himself, got up from the park bench and went down to the homeless shelter for the first hot meal in 4 weeks because the great yrc walked him out the door because he only did 30 bills a hour instead of the usual 32 and acused him of a work ho, I mean slowdown. I'm curious, what color is the sky in your world?

PS: I'm going to go watch Fringe, this might be tonights story!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

truck.jpg

No teeth, bad hygiene, then check out his avatar. See a resemblance.

I know you do not know about "it" but you do not use latex to relieve pain. DUUUHHHHH
I wonder what "rainbow" you are from. You make my STUPID HURT, with not having to worry about foreman, and bills per hour, and missed deliveries,, and the union is my "secret friend". You have "piece" of something on your mind. What rainbow rocket did you just ride in on.

I wonder do you really believe, what you just wrote???? :fingure::9529:

Some guys had no choice but to move on,when the company and the union promise you a great coo and the reallity is that the no-layoff promise that was made "because you are following your work" by your B.A. turns out to be a stewing crock of crap, it becomes clear that you either have to move to another job or collect unemployment. Some jobs are the same, some are better, some are worse. Thru all the crap, i will agree a union job is better,but while the nons worry about an unhappy boss, can you say , there is no worry at your company that it might go out of business ? B.T.W ,many grievances were filed at local 229 about our brothers being led to slaughter on our coo. the B.A. would not hear them. We went over his head and were told it was a local greivance and had to be processed at local 229 first. Thanks Jack M.!! So, you move on.

A lot of doom and gloomers in this forum claim to have "moved on."

The reality is that no one in this forum who used to work for YRC/Yellow/Roadway has "moved on."

This company is on your mind 24/7, like a girlfriend who still has you "p" whipped, despite dumping you years ago! :6788:

The reality is that no one in this forum who used to work for YRC/Yellow/Roadway has "moved on."

This company is on your mind 24/7, like a girlfriend who still has you "p" whipped, despite dumping you years ago! :6788:
Just curious, why do you spend so much energy telling us how good life is?

Sorry but I disagree only 8% of trucking is union today more or less and you are going to tell me only half of that 8% are happy ( less then that according to this trucking board"s ) ! Get over it the union is not the greatest thing since sliced bread any more they have prostatuted us till we are wore out and out of money so you can keep blowing that horn if you want to but after 37 years in union I know better ! The Union only cares about DUES not pension because they cant control it (steal it ) so you can believe what ever you like but I know better !

Ah ,yes the jilted lover syndrome. Dumped years ago, trying to tell the others that they are being used, you know ,'if you don't give this up ,we'll have to end it , "if you don't give that up , we'll have to end it , etc,etc, etc . So you give up and give in, and still not much has changed, you are still on the verge of ending it , and you have given and given and your lover keeps coming back for more, promising a better relationship next year, so you keep wearing the same worn out clothes because you cannot afford new ones. You have to combine worn out clothes from another jilted lover, but still you keep smiling because you got the "promise" of a brighter tomorrow. I read your post about waiting for man on man cliip-art so i guess that the "p" whipped in your world is not of the female anatomy. Keep on smiling, maybe your abuser will someday turn around and give you back what you once proudly had, until then the people that "moved on" will still keep telling you to stop giving away everything.

Sorry but I disagree only 8% of trucking is union today more or less and you are going to tell me only half of that 8% are happy ( less then that according to this trucking board"s ) ! Get over it the union is not the greatest thing since sliced bread any more they have prostatuted us till we are wore out and out of money so you can keep blowing that horn if you want to but after 37 years in union I know better ! The Union only cares about DUES not pension because they cant control it (steal it ) so you can believe what ever you like but I know better !

yeah, and where are you going to go that will treat you better? central transport? 15 bucks an hour on straight time, and on a wage freeze? vitran? same thing? land air express in the northeast? 19 an hour with NO health insurance?

yep, it sucks you guys had to make concessions, but unfortunately, you still have one of the bettter freight jobs. conway has some high deductible they have to pay now, and i heard they have no 401k match, the pension is long gone, and they play the fire/hire game so you are never brought back with any seniority, so you get started at the bottom every time, with beginning pay.

in the race to the bottom, at least you are the slowest.