Yellow | YRC Will Make It...

I'm really concerned if we can make it though the lean times at the end of the year if there's no Christmas "push" like last year. DS.

The bottom is here

The economic bottom is here everyone. We are leveling off from losses and showing signs of improvement. Mustache pays attention. All of you pay attention so you know what I am talking about. All the stops are being pulled and if YRCW fails it won't be because someone did not try to keep it going. I will caution how much we give, however. This business is a give and take. Right now we are doing all of the giving. When the fruits of our labor and pains begin to surface again, is YRCW willing to let us take again? If we are still here in 2013 as I believe we will be...I hope we have not given up all the language we still have in our contract(s). This is not the time to bend over or concede. It is the time to compromise and leave possibilties to negotiate contracts after 2013. :shift:

we're definately getting busier. both inbound and outbound have picked up and I havent heard a single complaint for about 2 weeks. I think we're delivering on time. We are missing pick-ups due to too few drivers however I must admit, when there is a pick-up in a remote area and you have absoloutely no freight headed that way it is a little tough. its not possible to send a guy to an area with 1 skid on his truck and sit and wait for the phone to ring. moral of my post...I truly see improvement.

Mustache found this in yahoo newgroup makes you think or hope

It's been stated in a number of reports and filings that the lenders are allowing YRC to defer pension payments and grant a first-priority lien on properties in lieu of pension payments. I understand neither the Trustees or IBT have agreed to the arrangement as of yet but is a first-priority lien subordinate to the banks? Assuming it's subordinate to the banks wouldn't the Trustees or IBT need to fully understand the collateral position of YRC before entering into an agreement?

If it's not subordinate then YRC's position may be stronger than many believe. Trying to dig into what little public information exists regarding the real estate it looks like YRC is selling properties at an average rate of about $4.5M per. If that's a reasonable number and there are approximately 600 terminals left that are not sold outright or sold and leased back that leaves approximately $2.7B in property. Add in the value of rolling stock and receivables and maybe this thing has longer legs than what many of us have assumed. I know the cash rate burn is crazy but if my bar napkin math is correct does it change anyones perspective of longevity? Have at it fight fans. folks.

http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/S...m=tm&bn=27297&tid=22500&mid=22500&tof=1&frt=2

There are just to many angry people on this forum. They were angry when things were going good and they will be angry if things improve.

Thank you Mud for the last post. We all know who the very bitter and negative ones are on this forum. You kind of learn to ignore their posts and look for useful info. which is what I thought this forum was for when I joined.

Thank you Mud for the last post. We all know who the very bitter and negative ones are on this forum. You kind of learn to ignore their posts and look for useful info. which is what I thought this forum was for when I joined.
Start spreading some good news if you got any, WTF!!!

Good News

Start spreading some good news if you got any, WTF!!!

Good News, the complaints have gone down, the damages and cliams have gone down, the lost freight issues have gone down, hopefully were back on the right track and everthings going to work out.

Im sure in the negative environment most are dealing with its tough to find positives and Im sure its refreshing to hear the positives but..... It would appear some are drinking the coolaid that Zollars is serving over there... It will be interesting to see YRC's O.R. for the 1st Quarter. Like I said on another post, only one maybe two major LTL carriers will operate below 100 for the 1stQ. ABF operated at 108... I do not forsee YRC reporting much better if better at all. Sorry just an opinion..

In what fantasy world do you live in :biglaugh:

Baldy17 is correct. The big things hurting us now are the loss of the fuel surcharge profit and the economy. We obviously hit some big stumbling blocks due to the consolidation, however the refinancing sends a clear message the banks think we are gonna make it LONG TERM.