Yellow | YRC Worldwide in Talks With Teamsters on Revised Proposal

And this is what I like to hear.

'"Although the company must achieve operational costs savings in the agreement, we also understand that simply re-voting the same proposal is not an option." Welch explained...'

IN MY PERSONAL OPINION....KK

OK…I will just be very blunt and to the point:

I have discussed this with some of you already in person, but here is my take on all this re-voting bull****.

WE voted NO and took them ALL (IBT, YRCW & The Investors) by surprised….WE Organized ourselves!

What to do next?

1..Managers put pressure on the weak employees to contact the IBT and demand a re-vote…at first, this was considered a rumor by SOME at the IBT (right Greg Stever?) Greg was told that I put the rumor out on FB by someone at the IBT that this was happening, but yet acknowledge it happened in the IBT memo on the re-vote....DAMN!

2. Then a memo comes from the IBT stating there will not be a re-vote.

3. Now there is a press release announcing the IBT will meet with YRCW today.

4. The stock just $2.07 per share BEFORE the market opened today.

5. They will meet….an announcement is later made that there has been a TA on another proposal that was NEGOTIATED by the IBT. The IBT will call a 2-man meeting ASAP (After MLK day?)

6. The locals will approve to take it to the members for a vote….BUT…THERE IS NOT ENOUGH TIME TO DO A MAIL BALLOT!

7. The locals will be instructed to meet with YRCW teamsters the coming weekend 1/25 & 1/26 to discuss AND DO A WALK IN VOTE on the contract…BECAUSE, there is not enough time to have a mail in ballot before the 2/1/14 deadline!

8. JUST LIKE UPSF.

9. IF we do not like this proposal, we must re-organize our efforts to defeat this proposal at the Union halls…. which means we ALL must get off our collectively bargained asses and go to the hall and VOTE!

I’m finished ranting now…..

‪#‎NoMoreConcessions‬

Last edited by a moderator:
For a situation where time has been of the essence from the very beginning, I just wonder what their priorities has been for the past 8 days. I know there has never been a plan "b", but in reality that shows just how hap-hazardly this is all being handled. I pray for a positive every day because a lot of men that I love are being put on the streets with no answers. The physical part of the job actually becomes a way to relieve the stress, but the mental stress is terrible. Constant life altering family decisions and customer questions with no answers is a killer. GOD BLESS GENTLEMEN

I am interested to see what they come up with that will satisfy the banks (SAVE $100MM / year) and the Teamster employees.

I feel you MUST restore wages and benefits to restore morale, but will have to layoff at least 4000 Teamsters to realize a net savings of 100MM. That's 4001 "NO" VOTES and more than enough "YES" votes to pass.

I just want the yes people to know that us no people weren't doing it to screw them out of a job. Think about everything that the company put out that isn't ringing true. This is one of those times that we have to stick together and hang tough. Thanks to KK and the rest of you who took a stand when the IBT chose not to.