Yellow | YRC's next challenge: pensions

In my opinion, the retirees retired with a financial plan on how they could survive, based on their income. Nobody, I mean nobody, should have the right to tamper with their retirement income or their benefits that they retired with. Their survival plan was based on their income and benefits that they would have, after they retired. So it is not right for either to be altered in any way. Is there a funding problem? Absolutely. But the powers that be, should have been looking forward far enough to see the decline in contributing members. We all seen the decline in members, yet they did nothing about it.

let's assume that a $40M monthly pension payment is a massive amount of money..and let's assume that to improve funding that amount might have to be increased 12% by law..where would that money come from? The funds are already in 'critical status' the next step is 'default status' and it don't get worse then that. It's my guess they either get the reform or they are history

puppet if you have a pension in central pa teamster that would be what you have ... i have a account in my own name.

[quote author=Irishman107 link=topic=77212.msg809472#msg809472 date=1267891526]
A look into the future: jAN. 2011- Hoffa makes another deal with Zollar to extend pension deferral indefinitly. Hoffa then get tyson johnson to send out letter saying after examing YRCW books they are unable to currently fund pension. We are asking members to vote on another deferral. If you don't approve you will all be out of work by the end of month. And you will be forced to live in a fridge box in a vacant lot and sell your kids into slavery, your wife will become a prostitute and crack head. So the Teamster after having our meeting with all the locals in Honalulu(hey we have 1 Teamster member in Hawaii) recomend you vote yes to save your family. And to help are members recoup some of their losses on the pension YRCW is going to give us 10 billion shares of stock at a strike price of 27.00 a share. Members will vote yes saying at least I have a job and I really don't need a pension because my dream has been to work for a YRCW company till I die. And Hoffa and Zollar pat each other on back and say how great they are: THE END.........Till2013 when we go back to full rate.. LMAO
[/quote]

Yup. And the stupid a**es will swallow it hook, line and sinker and vote yes just as before.

[size=18pt]There are only two words that will always lead you to success. Those words are yes and no. Undoubtedly, you’ve mastered saying yes. So start practicing saying no. Your goals depend on it!-
Jack Canfield [/size]
images-15.jpg

I've worked for Yellow (now part of YRC) for 26 years as a dockworker / spotter. I'm a local 710 teamster.
I ask, if YRC can't turn a profit with the huge payroll cuts from IBT members and management, how can anyone expect things to be diferent in January?
The computer system I enjoyed has now been replaced with something inferior to what we started using in 1988! There is freight out on the street not being picked up because we don't have drivers to make the pick-ups because so many are layed-off!
We need management with freight not accounting backgrounds.

[quote author=John Rambo link=topic=77212.msg812381#msg812381 date=1268600713]
I've worked for Yellow (now part of YRC) for 26 years as a dockworker / spotter. I'm a local 710 teamster.
I ask, if YRC can't turn a profit with the huge payroll cuts from IBT members and management, how can anyone expect things to be diferent in January?
The computer system I enjoyed has now been replaced with something inferior to what we started using in 1988! There is freight out on the street not being picked up because we don't have drivers to make the pick-ups because so many are layed-off!
We need management with freight not accounting backgrounds.
[/quote] Great first post Rambo..........Keep them coming