Yellow | YRCW FOR SALE.......?HOW IS YOUR GERMAN?....CAN YOU SAY NEW OWNERS....DHL??????

Hmmmm. He posted that yesterday, which was Thursday. Throw-Back-Thursday. I Googled TBT and Throw Back Thursday: No clear rules about how far back you can or must go.

So, news from 2007? CHECK (Googled it myself)
Got it on the internet? CHECK (I even saw it on hankstruckforum.com from 2007)
Everything you read on the internet is true? CHECK (French Model)

After Further Review, we have determined that YES, this is a story (urban legend perhaps) that was on the internet.

Yeah....it will probably be announced AFTER we lose 30% of our pensions through Congress on the new bill being bulldozed through on the end of the appropriations bill on 12/11/14.....27 days left in the 4th Q.....

Sie Jungs muss das Rauchen einige der, Colorado böse Unkraut ... NEHMEN SIE DIE dokumentierten Fakten!.....KK

Yeah....it will probably be announced AFTER we lose 30% of our pensions through Congress on the new bill being bulldozed through on the end of the appropriations bill on 12/11/14.....27 days left in the 4th Q.....

Sie Jungs muss das Rauchen einige der, Colorado böse Unkraut ... NEHMEN SIE DIE dokumentierten Fakten!.....KK

I'm glad you brought that 30% pension cut amount up. Are you basing that on the CSPF administrator's requested cut? Do you have any idea what they mean by this 110% figure? Under the Kline-Miller plan, cuts would be restricted to 110 percent of benefits that the PBGC would otherwise pay.

Is that 110% of the PBGC's 35%. Which is more of a cut 30% of 100% or 110% of 35%? I'm totally confused on this one.

I jus
This got around fast. Was told this last evening @ 1800, by our #2 man. An acquaintance of my wife's, lost his job in Newark, NJ. when they shut down their ground operation in the USA. He's been with Fed-Ex Freight since. I have heard that they,[dhl] does want to get back into ground in the US again, so, who really can say. It's another wait and see.
[/QUOTE
I just heard at 309 that YRCW is buying Conway and Old Dominion. The new company will be called Old-Con-dom !!!

SNAP BACK CLAUSE COMES INTO FOCUS HERE WITH PENSION PAYMENTS PAID IN FULL.......WORD ON THE BIG ROAD IS COMING SOON TO A LOCAL NEAR YOU.CHANGES IN MANAGEMENT THROUGH OUT THE COMPANY ARE SOON TO BE SEEN.MAYBE NEW ROOFS AND NEW POPCORN MACHINES,SHOE SHINE POLISHERS,NEW LEASE TRUCKS AT VOLVO,DUBLIN VA.THE POSSIBILITIES ARE LOOKING UP FOR THOUSANDS OF YRCW EMPLOYEES WHO HAVE GIVEN YEARS OF FAITHFUL SERVICE AND DEDICATION TO THE TRUCKING INDUSTRY

DHL tried before to buy when zollars was in charge but FED X and UPS put a stop to it with the government because at that time dhl would have been way bigger world wide and in the us then fedx and ups
now that we are half the size we where back then........ maybe the could get government approval but I also think this company has no real options except when pension reform is done then they may have other options

I'm glad you brought that 30% pension cut amount up. Are you basing that on the CSPF administrator's requested cut? Do you have any idea what they mean by this 110% figure? Under the Kline-Miller plan, cuts would be restricted to 110 percent of benefits that the PBGC would otherwise pay.

Is that 110% of the PBGC's 35%. Which is more of a cut 30% of 100% or 110% of 35%? I'm totally confused on this one.
Thanks very much, now we're in the same boat with you.. Confused as hell....LOL.. Those damn politicians are going to suck the very life out of all of our retirement plans, next step 401K's, mark my words.. I've been saying this since this Obama took over.. We will be no better off than Mother Russia during the Cold War days.. Everyone works for the government...

Still nothing proposed in writing yet. Probably will be Monday afternoon to be voted on Wednesday. I'll let you know soon as I do.

Still nothing proposed in writing yet. Probably will be Monday afternoon to be voted on Wednesday. I'll let you know soon as I do.
Well, if they are doing something like that, the Democrats are done in DC.. Personally, I think they done anyway.. They have shown their true colors that they don't support unions or anyone for that matter..

Crystal, if you would receive say $1300.00 a month from the PBGC than 110% would be $1430.00 a month. Sad but true, thanks to these mutts in Washington! I think the Pension Rights website had a calculator that will figure out your numbers once you put in your present pension amount.

<snip>

Not talking about the PBGC's rules here, but on the math alone, 110% 0f 35% is 38.5%, definitely a higher amount than 30% of 100%.

I think I should have bought some shares myself when the price was low. This will be like the last time this DHL thing popped up the stocks went way up. That would of been the time to cash in.

The head mutt in Washington is more concerned with helping illegal immigrants then the average American family.
One guy on TB wants them legalized and put in the Teamsters... With Americans sitting at home with no jobs, sounds good doesn't it...
He says he's one of those Pat Buchanan followers.. I think he needs to look at what Buchanan has been saying about the subject..

Not talking about the PBGC's rules here, but on the math alone, 110% 0f 35% is 38.5%, definitely a higher amount than 30% of 100%.

I'm not trying to confuse the issue anymore than it already is but......... Say a pension is cut 30% by a fund administrator so the retiree gets 70% of his original pension amount. Under the Kline-Miller plan, cuts would be restricted to 110 percent of benefits that the PBGC would otherwise pay. Since the PBGC benefits will only pay 35% then the amount of the cuts should be restricted to 110% of that 35%. So by your math the maximum percentage that could be cut by fund administrators under the proposed Kline Miller plan would be 38.5%. So we could end up with only 61.5% of our original pension. Does that make any sense to anyone?

It's a dam shame, you work your whole life for that pension and the mutts in Washington are going to take it away. This country is falling apart and the average man and his family gets screwed everyday.
Much as I'd like to blame Washington, its not their fault, but actually the Multi Employer Pension System and carriers not paying for retirees that is the flaw. Washington is simply dealing with the math at this point. Washington IS to blame for not allowing pensions to continue being paid into once they were fully funded tho....