Yellow | Zollars must go

drag racer

TB Lurker
Credits
I will vote NO unless they fire or dollar bill steps down.
We will not survive with give backs or not with dollar bill at the helm. With the stories I here about the way other terminals are run and the way mine is unless we take a 360 with the way management runs this operation a give back wont matter. See you at the finish line.... Drag Racer

I will vote NO unless they fire or dollar bill steps down.
We will not survive with give backs or not with dollar bill at the helm. With the stories I here about the way other terminals are run and the way mine is unless we take a 360 with the way management runs this operation a give back wont matter. See you at the finish line.... Drag Racer

I'm with you brother.:thumbsup:

Yes Zollars paid twice as much for the USA group as was pointed out at the time by the stock analysts. He is incompetent yet makes the big cash. ..........and you can be written up for taking 1 minute to long for break..............it's a wonderful world....

Zollars said the company decided to close USF Dugan because "we think this is a way to improve the financial success for the shareholders."

"Dugan has been struggling for several years now, and we didn't see a better opportunity to deal with the struggle."

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu.xYS...ls.com/wichita/stories/2005/06/20/daily3.html

With approximately 920 service centers and terminals, we believe that 50 to 100 duplicate facilities could be eliminated in small towns and medium-sized cities," Stephens trucking analyst Thom Albrecht said after YRC released its third quarter results.

"From their own financial standpoint, they probably need to totally merge" Yellow Transportation and Roadway Express, said Robert Walters, president of Freight Management, an Anaheim, Calif.-based freight services company. "But shippers won't be happy to see that happen - not after they saw what happened with USF."

Traffic World OnLine - Trucking

I ve thought it through , worked the shape list. been on strike. been in the trucking industry for 15 years . been with companys that went out of business. remained a proud teamster all of these years . with exception for the last 2 due to locals leadership. what you need to see is that if the captain of the ship remains the one who hit the iceburg. and we might seal the leak with a give back but we are bound to hit it again........ and I know there leadership could sink not 1 but 5 companys rdwy, yell, newpenn,usf and the canadian co . its a big deal. thats why it dosent matter unless we get new guidence. and my wife stands by my decision. she remembers all the times we hoped guys would book off so I would work.
You guys really thought this through! I bet your better halves are really proud of your deep thinking on this matter.

That would be foolish to vote NO! No one, is happy about this. Possibly the employees of YRC can start a petition to get Zollars ousted. Just a thought. He has made some bad decisions and now we have to pay for it. Purchasing 2 billion dollar corporations in a 2 year span is not good business. Had he/we purchased only Roadway and paid it off we would not be in this predicament now.

:1036316054:
That would be foolish to vote NO! No one, is happy about this. Possibly the employees of YRC can start a petition to get Zollars ousted. Just a thought. He has made some bad decisions and now we have to pay for it. Purchasing 2 billion dollar corporations in a 2 year span is not good business. Had he/we purchased only Roadway and paid it off we would not be in this predicament now.

My fellow Teamster Brothers, I would like to suggest doing what I have done. If you will go to Nasdaq.com and type in the symbol yrcw it will pull up our stock, it will also give you the names of the top five investors in yrc. I urge you to do as I have, and call these people to tell them what is going on. You may be surpised how intrested they are in what you have to say.Also I would recomend to them that Bill Z. needs to go! Remember these people have lost millions of dollars because of this moron.:1036316054:

This isn't highschool. You don't sign a petition saying you don't like the teacher and actually expect something to happen. I said it when we got the crappy NMFA and I'll say it again.... They have other plans. Us giving back is a freebie, not their only solution. The only way to send a clear message you don't want the captain to be there, is vote No and see what their plan B is. You just need to be willing to accept the consequences. That is why you need to put on your Big Boy Panties before you Vote!!!

If Zollars applied for a job today the company would check his credit history. Based on how he runs Yellow I bet his personal credity history stinks.
How can YRC buy a chinese company, then turn around and ask the employees for concessions. The economy was already tanking when we "approved" the new contract. Mike Smid said it would give YRCW the tools to get the company moving forward. The bad economy is not the only reason YRC is "hurting". It's bad management, buying foreign company when things were going south. Does everyone still think Yellow bought Roadway? HAHA! We haven't even received that first rate increase with the new contract , and we're being asked for givebacks. :nutkick: We had our own problems paying $4/gallon fuel prices and couldn't ask for any givebacks or concessions. OMG I can't stand it! :flame:

I'm sure as hell voting no on this thing. Nothing will change except the size of my pay check. YRCW cannot survive without a change in management. Right now this thing is being run by a bunch of drunken sailors.

since the contract negotiations , the quick and easy aggreement and radifacation of it .Pretty simple for the IBT this go around. Its implimentation of it in April. So its been months since YRC had calculators figuring out the new package. They didnt have to sign the contract if it was going to burden the co. . This just proves there bad leadership. we are 8 months into the 1st year of this contract. They F dddd up .... The economy was bad then . and the last 8 months didnt f up this co . all of a sudden. we had major debt . then about a billion . now even more 1.4 or 5 billion . so if you think a yes vote will save your job then vote yes.. but dont give me or any other brother on here s hiiiiit for our no vote ........

Before you cast your vote think of the forgotten 4000 going on unpaid leave thanks to Zollars and the management team. If your secure in your job hey that's great your just a little further up the rope than us guys that have already fallen. Lets get these guys back to work by only working the hours stipulated under the new contract. Tie a knot in that rope and help protect jobs. Let me tell you after being laid off Wednesday evening and looking at the prospects of finding some work right, now its bad out there. You probably haven't glanced at the classifieds lately since your sitting pretty. Our classifieds used to cover several pages even on a week day. Now they are lucky to fill a half a page with employment classifieds.
Yet the greedy teamsters are still rolling in the 10-12 our days, the same guys who smile at you and say morning. Well I am not sitting around waiting on the rep o man to take my wife's car or kick us on to the street I will be taking a hard to find job out there. So when you 10-15 year men wind out on the street I will be walking by you smiling and saying morning. Whoa there wait that would be sinking to your level and I am too good a person to sink to that level, I think I would actually reach out to help you even though you could not even give me more than the time of day as I struggled up by my bootstraps. Heck it wasn't easy taking a $2.00 a hour pay cut starting out over here at Roadway, after leaving a non-union job over here were I would be # 4 man out of 10 right now. However I took gamble on Roadway and now I know why I don't gamble O-h well hindsight is 20-20.

i agree im voting no also,zollarsmust go.and to teamcujo and drag racer dont you mean 180 instead of 360.360 puts you back were you started from