Estes | 024 Harrisburg

bandit 1

TB Lurker
Credits
Anyone been to 024 latley , I was there today , everyone is always pissed there !!!!dispatchers , dock ,city , and linehaul !!! Something is going on there !!

Anyone been to 024 latley , I was there today , everyone is always pissed there !!!!dispatchers , dock ,city , and linehaul !!! Something is going on there !!

That stuff seems to affect many north of the Mason Dixon. I got kicked out of Ruby Tuesdays trying to explain that stuff to a prissy New York chick and everyone else once. Although many agreed, it was probably not the time and place to make a thorough explanation. It was the waitresses fault. She kept bringing me drinks and forcing me to drink them.

That stuff seems to affect many north of the Mason Dixon. I got kicked out of Ruby Tuesdays trying to explain that stuff to a prissy New York chick and everyone else once. Although many agreed, it was probably not the time and place to make a thorough explanation. It was the waitresses fault. She kept bringing me drinks and forcing me to drink them.
Life slows down once you leave the northeast and rustbelt. I found this out when I moved from Michigan to New Mexico, land of mañana.

Life slows down once you leave the northeast and rustbelt. I found this out when I moved from Michigan to New Mexico, land of mañana.

10-4 on the land of manana. We just have untaxed liquor over this way. I have nothing against Yankee country, it's just not my kinda lifestyle.

Last edited by a moderator:
walk into North Bergen or Long Island between 8 and 930 in the morning and see what that pissed off looks like.. they will ignore you for the long as as possible.. then when you politely let them know that you're there then there really give you an attitude....... and to think they get all the business mainly from us we are there customer.....

Most terminals do not like extraboard drivers. Especially the closer it gets to 10am. You're disrupting their daily plans with that freight you brought them.
Don't plan on being welcomed anywhere. We're just a necessary evil to them.

I'm out of 024. Don't know about everyone being pissed...most mornings were pissing our pants laughing in the driver room. I run a daytime half-way meet.

Most terminals do not like extraboard drivers. Especially the closer it gets to 10am. You're disrupting their daily plans with that freight you brought them.
Don't plan on being welcomed anywhere. We're just a necessary evil to them.

That doesn't compute in my book... when they were setting up the plan for that day I'm sure the 'puter told them you were coming... it's not like they didn't know. And as far as being welcomed, it doesn't matter to me, they can like me or not, I'm getting paid either way.

That doesn't compute in my book... when they were setting up the plan for that day I'm sure the 'puter told them you were coming... it's not like they didn't know. And as far as being welcomed, it doesn't matter to me, they can like me or not, I'm getting paid either way.

(I'm gonna get it for this one) The "extra cry" guys over here like to be up on that pedestal... Ya know.. Dolly spotted.. Trailers nice,neat and clean... Preferably hooked and ready to go.. Yeah, that's gonna happen...LMAO...

I don't think Harrisburg is any different than any other terminal. Employee moral is down in the last few years and just keeps getting worse. I don't think I need to list the reasons why. We all know, especially if you have been here for several years.

I don't think Harrisburg is any different than any other terminal. Employee moral is down in the last few years and just keeps getting worse. I don't think I need to list the reasons why. We all know, especially if you have been here for several years.

That is perfectly said !!!!

I went up to Albany NY once. Everyone there was the rudest d*ckhead I had ever met. I showed up at around 8:50. The guy lays into me for being like 7 minutes late. "Sorry man, I never been here." He then b*tches at me for not calling. "I didn't know what time they expected me here... Do you want me to break these?" He then b*tches at me for asking... he says "How else do you expect me to get them unloaded?"

I say "you got it, man. Be right back." I hate that area. Pittsburgh was ok, WMX, Albany, all those northeastern places... no thank you.

Lol Pittsburgh is located in eighty four. Barley across the Mason-Dixon. Got a mixture of both crowds.

Boy I will second that, you hit the nail on the head on that one!!

ive seen good and bad in all terminals. some are always bad and some are part time bad. been to about 110 of them and all have bad and worse lately. it was better before the old man died.

I agree, Shifty. If the old man saw how his boy was running the company with corporate greed and how the employees were being treated these days, he would fire Rob in a heartbeat.

You guys are "spot" on !!! The new guys around here have no idea how good it was when " the old man " was alive !!! Hope we stay open , that's my concern!!!!