SAIA | 09s

the one in CLT won't even come up in the computer under the 62 or 63 screen. i was just looking to see where it was being assigned.

I have seen 2 2009's in CLT. I heard one is at Volvo getting the radio harness replaced. The other is still in front of the shop.

I had a replacement meet man, he was driving an 09. There are some new gadgets on board. For instance, there is a system that decides if you are veering from one side to the other and causes speakers behind the driver to start a loud hum if it thinks that there is a problem. Also, the forward looking radar not only beeps but now estimates how many seconds that you are behind the vehicle in front of you, probably stashes that little bit of data in a black box for retrieval.

I had a replacement meet man, he was driving an 09. There are some new gadgets on board. For instance, there is a system that decides if you are veering from one side to the other and causes speakers behind the driver to start a loud hum if it thinks that there is a problem. Also, the forward looking radar not only beeps but now estimates how many seconds that you are behind the vehicle in front of you, probably stashes that little bit of data in a black box for retrieval.

They do retrive the VORAD info in the instance of an accident. We had a wrecked '08 ATL tractor on our yard a couple months ago. It was towed to CLT to be repaired and to have the VORAD info pulled.

if the seat in the 09's is as uncomfortable as the ones in the 07's, i might not ever take an 09. I like my 05 just fine, and I don't have to worry about clearing the DPF.

I recieved my 09 truck an international two weeks ago alot of bells and whistles on it really nice truck but they have cut it back so much the little hills we pull cuts our overall avg back to an avg of 58 mile per hour with a run set at 61 miles per hour makes it look bad on us. heard thats why we getting international since volvo will not honor warranties anymore.

I recieved my 09 truck an international two weeks ago alot of bells and whistles on it really nice truck but they have cut it back so much the little hills we pull cuts our overall avg back to an avg of 58 mile per hour with a run set at 61 miles per hour makes it look bad on us. heard thats why we getting international since volvo will not honor warranties anymore.

gee....i wonder why Volvo won't honor our warranties anymore......My tractor is ridiculous. Sometimes one of the ABS lights come on...but the brakes seem to be finctioning normally. Ecu light randomly comes on....then goes away. Same for the climate control warning light....not to mention all of the EGR tubes and turbos Volvo has had to replace for free. I really like my truck. It's very comfortable, but if i were looking for a truck as an o/o I might look elsewhere.
I wonder why they cut the trucks back? Mine seemed to be getting pretty decent milage at 65. Between 6.1 and 6.3 overall. I hope they atleast spec'd the new slow trucks to run at that speed. If they aren't set up right, it will get even worse milage.

i dont like them they aint worth a dam in the city all they want to do is regenerate all the time i like the 99's 00 01 02 03's just fine no big brother watching me,ive got tandems in the back and they are already beaten up so if you put a scratch on them its really not noticible:TR10driving03:

i dont like them they aint worth a dam in the city all they want to do is regenerate all the time i like the 99's 00 01 02 03's just fine no big brother watching me,ive got tandems in the back and they are already beaten up so if you put a scratch on them its really not noticible:TR10driving03:

And why would you be scratching up a tractor? You make it sound like it's a given that you will be hitting stuff daily. You sound more like a liability than an asset to our company. With that attatude about your work, someone needs to be watching you. If they don't replace tractors, all we will have to drive is junk. Respect our equipment, we all use it - city and road drivers.:1036316054::1036316054: