New Penn | #1 Reason Not To Merge NP & YRC

Dude, look at what yrc owes and lost .....now look at 18 months from now if still around they have to pay back into that pension program....the analysts know what they see ...the #'s.they dont lie. ...how yrc is still in business with such little capital ?...my prediction and sorry to say ..is they will be able to weather the storm until first quarter 2010....the company will be too small , weak, cash starved..............need i remind u its gettn screwed daily by workmans comp claims....fyi...$30 million in the second quarter alone........and the 15% my friend is being made up..i see it daily...

Central States was kind enough to state"At some point in the future,YRC will return" Hopefully in 18 mos.they will,Central States may or they may not take a different course,that remains to be seen.
The analyst see blood in the water and is determined to do any and everything it can to derail YRC. Analysts are on the outside looking in,have no clue as to the progress YRC
is or not making with its Bankers.
All comp claims do not go against YRC!
It is easy for you to make the comments you are making.
However, neither you nor i or the analyst know the real story,only YRC and its backers and of them, the IBT and Central States are behind them for the duration,i am confident that an organization as YRC,with so much going for it,will remain on the road.
The movement of goods and services is vital to our economy.Moreover,with the unrest around the world,all out war could begin,a carrier like YRC would be needed!

I am perplexed at Bunky2's comments. Amazing how some peolple have the blinders on. Yes an analysts comments can cause a temporary up or down movement of the stock. However, they are in no way responsible for the condition of YRC. I could not agree more with imovaherenow. He is right to the point. Just from a pure financial balance sheet point of view it is amazing that they are still in business. YRC is in a daily fight to maintain liquidity. In other words, they are living paycheck to paycheck and sooner or later they are going to come up short. I do not think they will see 2010.

I know Zollar's and Hoffa are laughing their ***'s off, They BROKE the TRUCKING UNION! This is what they wanted I believe since Hoffa got into office!!!!
Why would Hoffa want to break the best thing ever for the truck driver,that his father built? Would you want to destroy what your father built? Wether he knows what he's doing is another thing. God knows there are not very high for union embership now and it wouldn't be easy for anyone. but when people vote to shut a company down you just support everything that FOXNEWS,,heritage foundation and unionfacts and the conservatives want. You add fuel to the fire for them to have people not join unions. I'm surprised they didn't pay off zollars to shut NP down immediately so they could use it to prevent people from joining unions. Even though it's YRC's fault they will focus that it's the unions fault and generations to come will suffer. When the numbers increase is the time to pull stupid stunts like this. Not in the middle of a huge recession with people losing jobs and homes left and right. People will not look at unions as hero's. They will look at you as a group of the stupidist people in history. Hold on to this as long as you can. Every day is another chance. If your worried about you're pension for 18 months,try getting one from the unemployment office.

By merge do you mean shut down and cover the freight with existing service? What incentive does YRCW have to keep NP open?

This whole thing stinks to high heaven.