R&L | 10% cut and 1 week vacation loss

baby huey

TB Lurker
Credits
has anyone heard about this, I really hope that its all bull and just abunch of hear say, but another driver came in from another term. and said that they were telling him that they were going to give everyone a 10% paycut and loss one week vaction , I really don,t see this happening but I was just woundering if by chance if anyone else heard this. If it is true then i think we all should be looking for another job because the ship is sinking.:ranting2:

I won't be surprised if it would happen especially in the North East the rate is very substantial and they could get away with diminishing that rate $24.70 hour are you kidding me, that is what it's all about Guys/Gals brace yourself for the worst to come but, who knows maybe it's all hear say. R&L have been in trouble as quiet as it's been kept for sometime now, take a look at Career Builder at times and view the many of the Service Managers they have soared thru in the past 6 months it will blow your freakin minds, Houston, Newark, Amarillo, Richmond VA, New Service Center Manger in Newark NJ was hired to clean house because Sponge Bob counted on him to do that and if he cannot turn that Terminal around he's out as well and they have been cleaning house significantly in Newark NJ, they just fired two Customer Service Personell within two days, two dock workers were let go wow, what does that say, I just thank God im not there anymore, im living it up in the Great State of Texas. The Best part of the the Scenario I surrendered my NJ CDL licsense to Texas....heheheheheheh, YAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I thank that its all bs also but if not there will be alot of drivers gone

IMO there will be a lot of drivers that want to be gone, but in this economy will be forced to stay.....That's what all these outfits are counting on with there cuts..and if there wrong their is a ton of drivers waiting in line,,,,,:ranting2:

I won't be surprised if it would happen especially in the North East the rate is very substantial and they could get away with diminishing that rate $24.70 hour are you kidding me, that is what it's all about Guys/Gals brace yourself for the worst to come but, who knows maybe it's all hear say. R&L have been in trouble as quiet as it's been kept for sometime now, take a look at Career Builder at times and view the many of the Service Managers they have soared thru in the past 6 months it will blow your freakin minds, Houston, Newark, Amarillo, Richmond VA, New Service Center Manger in Newark NJ was hired to clean house because Sponge Bob counted on him to do that and if he cannot turn that Terminal around he's out as well and they have been cleaning house significantly in Newark NJ, they just fired two Customer Service Personell within two days, two dock workers were let go wow, what does that say, I just thank God im not there anymore, im living it up in the Great State of Texas. The Best part of the the Scenario I surrendered my NJ CDL licsense to Texas....heheheheheheh, YAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Living in the Northeast like you once did how can you say 24.70 is an excessive rate?The cost of living is far higher up here and my wife and I barely get by even with that rate.

Living in the Northeast like you once did how can you say 24.70 is an excessive rate?The cost of living is far higher up here and my wife and I barely get by even with that rate.

Slow down Brother... There is a big difference in SUBSTANTIAL and EXCESSIVE. Big difference in the 2 words..

Pay close attention, I stated "Substantial", that is no way assotiated with Excessive.....:clap:

Overall; I think that it is not fair to many terminals when you have some employees who have been breaking their backs for the company for many years who are maxed out the rate what my starting rate was 5.5 years ago? that is ridiculous if you ask me....Employees who work for Arkansas Best Freight (ABF) are paid the same rate no matter what part of the Nation they reside in which is fair....

I started with R&L Carriers in 2004 starting rate $18.96 per hour, within a 4 mos I was at top rate based on experience. I understand the cost of living there in the East I lived thru that "Trauma", I agree it is difficult to live in that part of the country when the Property Taxes are between $8000-$12000 per year in New Jersey and New York, and homes starting at nearly half million dollars in most areas.....Proven fact when you cross into Pennsylvania then America Starts.....

Since I was hired in the last year, I am one of many who is on a 85% pay scale for top out. Our terminal's topout is almost $23 and for those of us, unlucky ones, its like $19.50 topout. If they cut me 10%, I'm gone and probably alot of us will be gone.

Property Taxes are between $8000-$12000 per year in New Jersey and New York, and homes starting at nearly half million dollars in most areas.....Proven fact when you cross into Pennsylvania then America Starts.....

holy bat crap!! Bet you are living it up down in SNA, I mean compared to that.......:clap:

Go to the Company and ask. I am not concern with hear say. Some feed on you thinking this and that is going to happen. I will go to the website and ask. I would ask all of you to do the same. Flood HR with e mails.

Was told by upper mgmnt that if the 401 k and personal day scenario does not reap benefits that the pay reduction "may be possible". My personal opinion is they were simply planting the seed of things that will be coming.

R+L

has anyone heard about this, I really hope that its all bull and just abunch of hear say, but another driver came in from another term. and said that they were telling him that they were going to give everyone a 10% paycut and loss one week vaction , I really don,t see this happening but I was just woundering if by chance if anyone else heard this. If it is true then i think we all should be looking for another job because the ship is sinking.:ranting2:

I put in to R+L. And ask them to speak out on this. I told them it was running wild on the internet. And asked that they put someone on the Term TV and tell us if it is true or False. Or if it is coming down later. I hope more of you ask them. Speak out to them not the internet.

My opinion; I just wouldn't be too quick to assume there are pay cuts just budget according to financial difficulties however, I really don't see that affecting employee pay. When it comes to the Northeast Region they will be hit the hardest if a pay cut would ever happen. I hope that I am wrong Guys, Just hope and pray that they are restructuring in order to dig themselves out of a financial,crisiss more so this whole scenario could have transended into sacrificing certain benefits in order to keep you all afloat, think positive and behind every dark cloud the sun is shining