ABF | 10 min breaks, who pays for them me or abf?

About as much truth as there was to the rumor that YRC was going to buy ABF in the middle of our contract talks................

By the way, Brother,..........You are NOT deducted 10 minutes............Contract says:" A work break will be recognized." Work breaks are paid for time. Unfortunately,....those Supplements who had 15 minute breaks are now cut back to 10 minutes,.....by new language...."negotiated"....in our Steaming Heap of a new National Agreement. You can, however, take up to an hour,.....unpaid,....for lunch,...in spite of the PDA set to ring at 28 minutes. If you need an hour nap.....for "safety" purposes,...shut the PDA off and use the alarm on your cell phone. Set it for 59 minutes......
Never heard of this one hour break. Is it a real thing and can you point me in the general direction in the contract?

Never heard of this one hour break. Is it a real thing and can you point me in the general direction in the contract?
For me it's article 47 Section 1 in the supplement first line.
And don't feel bad, I didn't know it was there either until I snoozed too long at lunch time and research my forthcoming lashing.

I'll get back to you Bro. Boilerpeddle,.....but as Bro. ABFer said,...it's in your Supplement. I believe it's the same language for all Supplements.....under work rules. Might be different Article number, depending on where you're at. I'm sitting here at 5:25 in the morning in my suspenders and boxer shorts, and my contract book is outside in the car. I don't want to shock my neighbors by running out to get it...............................And.............no,....you may NOT ask why I wear suspenders with my boxer shorts.................

Well I cant find anything in my (central local) supplement about it, even searched for every mention on break in the document, but maybe its not included in the one online because the language didn't change.
Maybe the work out here is so easy we don't need the extra time.
If someone could copy and paste the language I would be interested in see it exactly as it is worded and if you are so kind as to do this please state what supplement it is from.

Brother Boilerpeddle,....I'm not real good at cut'n'paste, so I'll quote the Article in my Supplement (Joint Council #40)....Article 53 , Local Cartage Provisions, Section 2, Meal Periods: "Employees shall,except by mutual agreement, take at least one(1) continuous period for meals but not less than thirty (30) minutes nor more than one (1) hour in any one (1) day period." The rest of the paragraph delineates the conditions where you take your lunch between the fourth and sixth hour, or whether you waive your lunch period and get paid for it at the end of the day. The last sentence in this Article says: "The one (1) hour or one-half (1/2 ) lunch period shall be handled on a stop-by-stop basis between the Company, the Association, and the principal officer of the affected Local Union." Yeah, I know I said Art. 47,....I got a little lazy and figured the central Pa. supplement was enumerated the same as W. Penna. Joint Council #40. It was not, when I looked, ....and I apologize. ....However,....the language should be the same,......I can remember taking one hour lunches 25 years ago. I'll work on the copy'n'paste.

Well I cant find anything in my (central local) supplement about it, even searched for every mention on break in the document, but maybe its not included in the one online because the language didn't change.
Maybe the work out here is so easy we don't need the extra time.
If someone could copy and paste the language I would be interested in see it exactly as it is worded and if you are so kind as to do this please state what supplement it is from.
I believe that this is the one that applies to you Brother Boilerpeddle. It looks like you're locked in at 30 minutes. For this I went to the NMFA page at teamster dot org
http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/CentralRegionLocalCartageSupplementalAgreement.pdf
None of these address the mandatory 30 minute break after 8 hours on duty, which is now Federal law.

Aha! So there is a difference in Supplements.....I had taken it for granted that the meal period would be the same pretty much across the nation. I guess not......
You would not believe some of the differences I have unearthed from around the country. Biggest shocker lies in pension and health insurance. In some areas health insurance is paid on all workers, casual and regular and in others only paid on those on the list. In some areas pension is paid in immediately or almost immediately, in others there is something like a 150 days worked before any pension payments are made.

How certain there going to install EOBRD's on our road and city trucks? When and where was this announced?
Bad news boys and girls,we have been running EOBRS in road units out of Dayton for about a year.They only run them between 042&064 and on some turns.

Drivers are still paper-logging in those tractors on those runs? I would imagine they're trying out the EOBR. I know that Supervalu, in this area, has had EOBRS for quite a while for the whole fleet out of New Stanton,.....apparently, they work O.K. Curious to see how well they'll work in a slip-seat operation,.....or in a city operation.

I believe that this is the one that applies to you Brother Boilerpeddle. It looks like you're locked in at 30 minutes. For this I went to the NMFA page at teamster dot org
http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/CentralRegionLocalCartageSupplementalAgreement.pdf
None of these address the mandatory 30 minute break after 8 hours on duty, which is now Federal law.

As a city driver you fall under the short-haul exemption which takes away the mandated 30-minute break prior to your 8th hour of duty.

As a city driver you fall under the short-haul exemption which takes away the mandated 30-minute break prior to your 8th hour of duty.
Did you have a chance to find the specific rule that proves your statement. I have been looking everywhere for the short haul exemption rule, but to no avail. Song, if you get a minute please let me know where the new exemption can be found. Thanks. von.