FedEx Freight | 1000 jobs cut

arent ground and national o/o's

It only mentions Express & Freight. I guess Ground & National don't have enough people looking over their shoulders.

is ground and national owner operators probably already easier to control their pay and benefit packages plus what i see is national hauling all of freights business anyway putting the fedex frt drivers at a disadvantage

is ground and national owner operators probably already easier to control their pay and benefit packages plus what i see is national hauling all of freights business anyway putting the fedex frt drivers at a disadvantage

That is why with accops all of the freight bills say Fed Ex Freight on them not National.

Do you also not believe that the managers took the 5% pay cut in December, just because none of them have let you see their paychecks?

:popcorn:

oaf
My response to your statement is this:
I understand that you and many other think that we redshirts do absolutely nothing and so on...But I can speak for myself and only myself. I work my tail off and I treat people w/ respect. I expect dockmen and drivers to have the same pride in themselves and their job and work hard as well. IF that is the case, we are all working hard. I have taken a 5% paycut and I would love to show you and prove. It f'n blows to have jerkoffs like you joke around as if it isn't a big deal.

I work hard and I didn't deserve a pay cut. But I am fortunate and glad that I have a job and I will continue to word hard b/c I hvae pride in myself, my family, and the great company I work for. Also, if taking a paycut means that we can continue to preserve dockmen and drivers, I am all for it. I just hope that my hard work and the fact that I treat folks w/ respect will land me a promotion when this economy clears.

Thanks!

I understand that you and many other think that we redshirts do absolutely nothing and so on...But I can speak for myself and only myself. I work my tail off and I treat people w/ respect. I expect dockmen and drivers to have the same pride in themselves and their job and work hard as well. IF that is the case, we are all working hard. I have taken a 5% paycut and I would love to show you and prove. It f'n blows to have jerkoffs like you joke around as if it isn't a big deal.

I work hard and I didn't deserve a pay cut. But I am fortunate and glad that I have a job and I will continue to word hard b/c I hvae pride in myself, my family, and the great company I work for. Also, if taking a paycut means that we can continue to preserve dockmen and drivers, I am all for it. I just hope that my hard work and the fact that I treat folks w/ respect will land me a promotion when this economy clears.

Thanks!

bigwavemilw :smilie_132:

I'm sure you are speaking for many red shirts that feel exactly like you do.
This next 1000 job cuts will involve mostly folks just like you, and I hope that it does not affect you directly.
"The company expects to eliminate about 1,000 salaried exempt positions across all FedEx companies," said FedEx spokesman Maury Lane.
Maybe they will find a few overseas, not that they deserve it either.
Worst of all these folks overseas did not even vote for Obama.

Thanks!

You do know that I was referring to what I considered a ridiculous statement by wheelseal that he didn't believe that 1,000 management positions would be cut...

I hate it that anyone has to be layed off or take a reduction in pay.

oaf

nothing personal but, we worked without a scm for 3 months just fine
the om's did a good job without them
I don't think we need them

I would be willing to bet that it means more purchase vans Before you know it purchase drivers will be required to work the dock at the hubs:biglaugh: And they will be given purple house shoes and pj's to wear while on duty.

Don't forget to read the 1st sentence of the 3rd paragraph.
In its third-quarter earnings release, announced March 19, FedEx said it would also reduce network capacity at both FedEx Express and FedEx Freight divisions and enact a "further reduction of personnel and work hours."
While I would agree that 1000 management layoffs would fall under the "further reduction of personnel and work hours" catagory, how do you suppose the 1000 fall under the "reduce network capacity" catagory? Don't overlook the adverb "also". If you have a reduced network capacity, won't you also have a need for reduced driver capacity? This sounds to me like more driver layoffs, while just telling you about the 1000, in order to keep the number put out for press consumption as small as possible. Did anybody else catch this?

Don't forget to read the 1st sentence of the 3rd paragraph.
In its third-quarter earnings release, announced March 19, FedEx said it would also reduce network capacity at both FedEx Express and FedEx Freight divisions and enact a "further reduction of personnel and work hours."
While I would agree that 1000 management layoffs would fall under the "further reduction of personnel and work hours" catagory, how do you suppose the 1000 fall under the "reduce network capacity" catagory? Don't overlook the adverb "also". If you have a reduced network capacity, won't you also have a need for reduced driver capacity? This sounds to me like more driver layoffs, while just telling you about the 1000, in order to keep the number put out for press consumption as small as possible. Did anybody else catch this?

Keenan,
don't read too much "between the lines". Let's wait and see.

ST

Worst of all these folks overseas did not even vote for Obama.[/quote]

Please explain to me how one man, in office a scant 9 weeks could do so much harm? Jeeze Louise.

I hate to see anyone lose their job. Having said that, how many "red shirts" would love to cut the legs out from under a driver or dockworker they feel don't work "hard" enough?

I'm sure there are shirts that shouldn't be in their position. What makes it bad is that they won't be culled because of their work ethic. So, we're going to see some good people go while others that treat workers like crap stay.

I know that here, we suddenly have the need for one guy who was a dispatcher run around on "special projects" while our new OM is dispatching. Seems like there is some fat here. I would hate to see anyone go away. But maybe people should be allowed to do the job they were doing instead of being treated like chess pieces in some intricate game dreamed up by the guy in charge here.

I fully expect to see drivers and dockworkers laid off and a pay cut on top of what we have already lost coming in the near future.

Worst of all these folks overseas did not even vote for Obama.

Please explain to me how one man, in office a scant 9 weeks could do so much harm? Jeeze Louise.

Franklin :smilie_132:

Real easy.
But then "some" who have been in the rain too long would never understand.

Obama is promising to get even with the achievers in this country by raising their taxes. The Congress just passed a law to raise taxes to 90% if you take government bail out money. Will see if Obama signs that bill.
Now if we could get the Congress to raise taxes on welfare recipients to 90% we could pay off the national debt in no time.

The 90% tax is for those that take bonuses from companies that have been bailed out with our tax dollars. Failing companies shouldn't be paying bonuses, spending millions on a new jet or new offices for top executives.
What we are going through has been building for a long time not just last 9 weeks.

Franklin :smilie_132:

Real easy.
But then "some" who have been in the rain too long would never understand.

Obama is promising to get even with the achievers in this country by raising their taxes. The Congress just passed a law to raise taxes to 90% if you take government bail out money. Will see if Obama signs that bill.
Now if we could get the Congress to raise taxes on welfare recipients to 90% we could pay off the national debt in no time.

Amen Brother... OBAMA'S boy Geithner as New York FED chairman presided over the AIG bailout. It was his plan, he had intricate knowledge of what they planned to do with the money. And it would be the end of contract law in this country if he does it. You cannot make something illegal after the fact. It will not stand. Just more STALINIST tactics from our hapless new regime. OBAMA makes Jimmy Carter look like a real patriot.

Amen Brother... OBAMA'S boy Geithner as New York FED chairman presided over the AIG bailout. It was his plan, he had intricate knowledge of what they planned to do with the money. And it would be the end of contract law in this country if he does it. You cannot make something illegal after the fact. It will not stand. Just more STALINIST tactics from our hapless new regime. OBAMA makes Jimmy Carter look like a real patriot.

fatneck :smilie_132:

:clap::clap::clap:

The 90% tax is for those that take bonuses from companies that have been bailed out with our tax dollars. Failing companies shouldn't be paying bonuses, spending millions on a new jet or new offices for top executives.
What we are going through has been building for a long time not just last 9 weeks.

Sorry Jinx, but the Gov. has NO right (per Constitution) to negate lawfull cotracts between private buisness and private individuals, regardless of how unpopular the contract.

Also, congress has no right to punish individuals or groups of individuals. In fact they are forbiden by the Constitution from doing so. That is the job of the judicial branch. That is why the provision was put in the stimulus bill. Otherwise it would have been ilegal and challenged in court.

This Goverment has succeded in creating public outrage against private companies (and there executive employees), thus defelecting attention away from the real vilians here, THEMSELVES!::shit:: In that respect they have been brilliant! And it's working like a charm for them.

How quickly they forget. Torture, signing statements, (I'll obey the law until I don't), extraordinary rendition.

Not saying I agree with what is going on now, but please. When you find something of substance.....then we can talk. Even repubs are grandstanding and calling for action against those that took bonuses.

Give me a break.