FedEx Freight | 1000 jobs cut

It would be QUITE DIFFICULT to run different transit times under one system. I would think chaos would be a good description.

Sales it a totaly different deal, they can sell different products all day long, not a big deal.

Now, they could combine some facilities, where they have the room, but each opperation would most certainly be kept seperate.

SR, long before Fx bought out watkins, one of our former vp's of line did a business model that included slow freight (watkins style) and fast freight (viking/af style). He couldn't make it work. One thing I can tell you about that vp, if he couldn't make it work, no one can. His name? Pete K.

ST

SR, long before Fx bought out watkins, one of our former vp's of line did a business model that included slow freight (watkins style) and fast freight (viking/af style). He couldn't make it work. One thing I can tell you about that vp, if he couldn't make it work, no one can. His name? Pete K.

ST

Silent trucker :smilie_132:

I think that when Pete K. (former PIE, Viking VP of linehaul) retired, he moved back to either Michigan or New York (can't remember now).
I wonder if somebody can get a hold of him so he can post here on Truckingboards.com., so he can contribute his opinion. :biglaugh:
He has been gone long enough that I'm sure his non-compete clause has expired.

:clap:

Rumer is Friday morning we are all getting a 10% paycut across the board. They said it was about time the hired help felt some of the pain. We've had it easy for to long. The do expect alot to walk, but that will be no problem for FedEx they have already hired 10,000 drivers and dock hands from south of the border to take thier place. They said they could have a bigger work force with less cost than what they are paying now. If just 100 quit that will more than pay for the replacements and the 9900 additional workers. We here at FedEx want you to know we care about our people. Stay purple!!! Oh yea don't forget your new President has a little something special for you. It's time for CHANGE!!!!! Good luck to all. The truth is what ever happens Friday is not going to be good for anyone. Again good luck.

Keenan,
don't read too much "between the lines". Let's wait and see.

ST

OK ST I waited and I'm seeing. I'm thinking I didn't read between the lines. So far in my day to day I haven't seen 1 red shirt hit the road yet, but massive layoffs among the little people. Like I said before, the definite 1000 number was put out to lowball the figure for the press and stockholders. Now, will the announcement about the pay cut come before the end of April, or the end of the Quarter?

Through the years FedEx has tweaked and tuned our service to provide faster and then again faster service. Guaranteed, Expedited and AM services.

How hard would it be to slow down part of our service to provide another "product"?

They've already combined the sales part of the operations. Only a matter of time.........

Not hard at all! Just keep riding your people and their attitudes will do all the slow down you need!

Last Friday they took the last 3 full time dockworkers and made them part time. Hey thanks for all your hard work for the last 20 years, we're taking your benefits and 3/4 of your pay. Thanks for comin'! Oh, and don't worry about that new baby. They don't eat that much.