Yellow | 15 Called Back To Indy On Soft Layoff Then Put Back On Hard Layoff Sunday 2-24 @12:01

silverstreak

TB Lurker
Credits
Indy had called 15 guys back on soft layoff. 5 of which have been of soft layoff for some time but the other 10 have only been on soft layoff for about 3 weeks or less.

They have all been put back on hard layoff as of 12:01 Sunday morning. :chairshot::chairshot: And they still have more frieght than they have drivers.

What a way to shaft some of these guys since they were working at other places and quit to come back to work at Yellow. I know that some of them will not be able to go back to where they were working.

Sure makes a guy wonder what the company is thinking.

Glad I didn't go back when it was offered and won't go back till 2 weeks after I am called back full time in the future.

roadway did the same thing in milwaukee,check out the thread marked FROM THE UN-F***ING BELIEVABLE FILE. why would they do that to people!!

Indy had called 15 guys back on soft layoff. 5 of which have been of soft layoff for some time but the other 10 have only been on soft layoff for about 3 weeks or less.

They have all been put back on hard layoff as of 12:01 Sunday morning. :chairshot::chairshot: And they still have more frieght than they have drivers.
welcome to corporate america baby,its called the "George Bush" syndrome rather its right or wrong,'its done my way or the highway' empathetic is out the window..

You blame everything on President Bush. He's no whiz by any imigination, but who is running Congress and the Senate? Democrats. They are bought and paid for by corporate america. Wake up and smell the roses. Blame your CEO and share holders for your company's problems.

You blame everything on President Bush. He's no whiz by any imigination, but who is running Congress and the Senate? Democrats. They are bought and paid for by corporate america. Wake up and smell the roses. Blame your CEO and share holders for your company's problems.
please go back to your union bashing discussion group...your not even getting the point I was making...

agreed!! The only thing the president does is signs it if he likes it vetos if not

can someone tell me why this sh%* is going on? We get to work then we don't. Freight is backed up in the yard and out of drivers. I worked good for 2 1/2 weeks. Now I am back at home getting unemployment agen. Just glad I did not have the ins. from my wife's job stopped or quit a job to come back.

Can't wait till the new contract kicks in and all the suck a@@s that are sucking up the OT will put them over the cap and will require the company to call me back. Thanks again to my brother MEEsters

Its amazing how much lack of understanding there is of politics. Its usually by psuedointellectual Republicans, who couldn't understand Politics, Micro Economics or Macro Economics, if their lifestyle and job depended on it!!! :hysterical::hysterical:

Its amazing how much lack of understanding there is of politics. Its usually by psuedointellectual Republicans, who couldn't understand Politics, Micro Economics or Macro Economics, if their lifestyle and job depended on it!!! :hysterical::hysterical:

It occurred to me I should mention this wasn't a flame directed toward any specific individual. It was meant more as a humorous complex reality of the times we live in. I don't expect all to get it, nor do I expect those it might apply to, to recognize that. Nor was I trying to say it only applied to Republicans.

Websters calling.......

psuedointellectual ?????? Do you mean Pseudo, as in 'fake'? Not that I'm picking on ya but......OH...maybe it was Bush's fault? :biglaugh:

I feel a forum change coming.............

psuedointellectual ?????? Do you mean Pseudo, as in 'fake'? Not that I'm picking on ya but......OH...maybe it was Bush's fault? :biglaugh:

I feel a forum change coming.............

LOL, good catch. I'll never claim I give more than small amount of attention to spelling, when I post. If they move it, LOL, I'll jump out of the fire. Wouldn't want to get busted sneaking into the politics forum.

Dude, had to be Road, I hadn't even heard about it. Our pickups in the city, that two years ago were over 1,000 per day, were up til last week around 600. Last week every day it was closer to only 500. Sometime after 4/1/08 we lose Lexmark (moving out of state to Tx, Tn, and Calf.); that's an average of 109 more bills per day we'll lose. I have no idea why these guys were called back-- it's slow, slower, and not moving at all here.....Losing most of it to Fed-Ex.....

In IND on the road side after all the bids are covered there are only about 35 to 39 drivers to cover all the extra runs and thay need 50 or more. 15 layed off drivers were working every day then CDO called an end to it

If 15 extra were working, and the CDO stopped it, that only shows that (TM) Dan is trying to help all he can, but gets overruled. He hadn't laid anyone off for three years in the city, in spite of CDO threatening him. Now, it's come down to "Do it or we'll get someone who will."

I do not blame Dan or Ed Davis the line hall manager. I know he was trying to get more drivers back in December but CDO has the final word even though they don't know there a@# from a hole in the ground

can someone tell me why this sh%* is going on? We get to work then we don't. Freight is backed up in the yard and out of drivers. I worked good for 2 1/2 weeks. Now I am back at home getting unemployment agen. Just glad I did not have the ins. from my wife's job stopped or quit a job to come back.

Zollars background is with Eastman Kodak and he thinks if the equipment just sets there it makes a pretty picture.