XPO | 16 hr rule

On duty time on the yard.

The whole reason we don't use ELD's yet is because we are all expected to break the law so frequently than they couldn't cover it if we had to run legal.[/QUOTE]
ELDs are coming, thats what the Vnomics is going to do. Also, no one is expected to run illegally at my terminal. Almost 300 terminals in our system, you should not make broad general statements about all of us breaking the law. Maybe drivers do at your barn but we don't at mine.

The whole reason we don't use ELD's yet is because we are all expected to break the law so frequently than they couldn't cover it if we had to run legal.
radman said:
ELDs are coming, thats what the Vnomics is going to do. Also, no one is expected to run illegally at my terminal. Almost 300 terminals in our system, you should not make broad general statements about all of us breaking the law. Maybe drivers do at your barn but we don't at mine.

Of course not. Bent, stretched, confused, misused. But never broken. My bad. We are all innocent angels.

Either way. An electronic log would take some getting used to.

I see line haul guys using this still so I thought I would refresh this. Line haul can not use 16 hr rule. It is for local only (150 air miles)
we are "property carrying" cdl drivers who are localized 395.1(o) you must start&finish at same location! if you need more than 16 hrs to get back to your barn then you can't use 16 hr rule at all! i personally save mine for saturday mourning so i can get that 3-4 hour nap in my truck so i can enjoy my saturdays :)