XPO | 18 largest accounts being lost due to damage

accounts are flying out the door due to damage how can we get the drivers involved, what is it going to take( part timers?)

Possibly help from CFI to avoid excessive touching of freight. I'm sure everyone knows how to handle the freight. It's the old Con-way crunch mentality during "crunch time" hours that kills accounts.

What 18 customers have you heard? I bet it's more than damages that killed it off.

accounts are flying out the door due to damage how can we get the drivers involved, what is it going to take( part timers?)

yea witch ones the only one i know of is the avers paper, i think thats who it is . we had a big dock meeting on them. but we can always get marley molding back im sure.

I see drivers damaging freight all the time. Drivers need to start caring like it was their own freight they where handling. If something dosnt change fast conway will be like CF. BANKRUPT

I see drivers damaging freight all the time. Drivers need to start caring like it was their own freight they where handling. If something dosnt change fast conway will be like CF. BANKRUPT

go say something to them!! if your not part of the solution your part of the problem!!! no offense to you. use a chair if you have too.:chairshot:

I did but they act like im just ******. Maybe cause im new they think im being to picky but if that was my freight id switch to another company. I've pulled boxes back out of trailers just to tape them up because drivers refused. Said they dont have time. Make time or soon you'll have plenty of time at the unemployment line.

Well as I said in another post i saw a driver
take the fork blades to a skid to break the bands, and damaged the freight.So he can break the skid down to load the freight. I said to him, "that he cant do that we lost that account once and just got it back". It was from my barn so I knew the freight. The skid said do not break down and top load.
He said" so what i don't care, I got to get this on the trailer". He ended up damaging so bad it was returned later.
So with drivers with that attitude what are going to do

take the fork blades to a skid to break the bands, and damaged the freight.So he can break the skid down to load the freight. I said to him, "that he cant do that we lost that account once and just got it back". It was from my barn so I knew the freight. The skid said do not break down and top load.
He said" so what i don't care, I got to get this on the trailer". He ended up damaging so bad it was returned later.

Years ago, Dave M was our biggest proponent of load factor and he would describe it like a filled up trailer with no air space. "Now pick that box up and shake it real good. There is no room for shift. Now do you understand how load factor impacts claims?"

Sure Dave.

Maybe the company should hold more than the driver accountable for damages! How about that pain in the a$$ outbound FOS always trying to get a driver to" make it fit " to cut a run, is he not signing that manifest saying it was loaded correctly? And what about camera boy also know as QC, there isn`t much need for this position AFTER somthing has been damaged,fill out paperwork, the FOS can do that, we need to pay them for something! And then there`s the FOM and SCM the last line of defense before the freight goes down the road, If we keep damaging our customers freight THEY will go elsewhere. Say as Dave would say take PRIDE in what you are doing and load that trailer the right way, and keep the rubber side down!

I did but they act like im just ******. Maybe cause im new they think im being to picky but if that was my freight id switch to another company. I've pulled boxes back out of trailers just to tape them up because drivers refused. Said they dont have time. Make time or soon you'll have plenty of time at the unemployment line.

Hey there. I am also new. I am also in the same boat as you. I see DSR's loading freight and just not caring about it. They constantly load my freight wrong, out of order, and crunched a lot more than it should.

I also get the "looks" and the attitude because Im new. They think I make a big deal out of it sometimes because I am not happy the way the truck is loaded...or I take the time to move freight the way it should be. My favorite line is..."well, thats why you have a pallet jack" So their philosophy is, they can be lazy, load my freight whichever way they like, because once I am on the road, I have a pallet jack to backstrip my entire trailer and do it right. Well, isnt it more efficient if its done with a motor, on our dock?? Rather than on someone elses with a pallet jack...

We have a few guys who just pick up the freight with their motors, and just drive it right in the trailer not giving a rats *** if its in sequence or not. Or its like that kid who puts together a jig-saw puzzle...and the piece doesnt fit..but he takes his fist and pounds the piece til it does fit..ya..we got some of those guys too.

Anyways, Patrick. Just keep doing what you do and never mind the mindless thugs we have next to us. Most of the guys on my dock are fricken awesome, but we have those 3-4 who just dont give a rats ***...I try to undo their mistakes, I guess thats all you can do as well. Like you said, they just look at you like your crazy anyways....

Hey there. I am also new. I am also in the same boat as you. I see DSR's loading freight and just not caring about it. They constantly load my freight wrong, out of order, and crunched a lot more than it should.

I also get the "looks" and the attitude because Im new. They think I make a big deal out of it sometimes because I am not happy the way the truck is loaded...or I take the time to move freight the way it should be. My favorite line is..."well, thats why you have a pallet jack" So their philosophy is, they can be lazy, load my freight whichever way they like, because once I am on the road, I have a pallet jack to backstrip my entire trailer and do it right. Well, isnt it more efficient if its done with a motor, on our dock?? Rather than on someone elses with a pallet jack...

We have a few guys who just pick up the freight with their motors, and just drive it right in the trailer not giving a rats *** if its in sequence or not. Or its like that kid who puts together a jig-saw puzzle...and the piece doesnt fit..but he takes his fist and pounds the piece til it does fit..ya..we got some of those guys too.

Anyways, Patrick. Just keep doing what you do and never mind the mindless thugs we have next to us. Most of the guys on my dock are fricken awesome, but we have those 3-4 who just dont give a rats ***...I try to undo their mistakes, I guess thats all you can do as well. Like you said, they just look at you like your crazy anyways....

Believe me when I say that I understand what you are saying.

But I can counter with my eroded incentives. I take pride in my work and I do work hard, but with the way I have been treated over the years it is becoming increasingly more difficult to do that. I just don't care as I used to. So is the answer to eliminate those that feel as I do or is it to improve the resources that Conway already has in place.

I am responsible for my attitude, but I am not responsible for the environment in which that attitude is fostered.

Part of the loading out of sequence skippy(Clearblack) is because as a CON-WAY DSR we are all following rules. GOT IT ! It's called "progressive loading", pay attention to your training. One more thing why aren't you loading a trailer? Are you busy holding up the building like most new drivers and being spoon fed their loads. Take charge and start loading instead of being non-productive standing there and critiquing other's work

Part of the loading out of sequence skippy(Clearblack) is because as a CON-WAY DSR we are all following rules. GOT IT ! It's called "progressive loading", pay attention to your training. One more thing why aren't you loading a trailer? Are you busy holding up the building like most new drivers and being spoon fed their loads. Take charge and start loading instead of being non-productive standing there and critiquing other's work

I think ClearBlack starts as city driver.
There is a loading sequence on the manifest of what gets loaded in the Nose,Center,Rear of peddle trailers. If an inbound dock guy is breaking a trailer and ends up with freight for the rear and the Nose and Center freight has not arrived at that door, he can dock it.

I think progressive loading applies more to outbound operation.

I think if he punches in P&D and jumps on a forklift to load his freight the way the manifest suggests would be cutting into the inbound dock numbers. He would have to swipe Kronos to Inbound dock to load his freight and than swipe Kronos to P&D to peddle it. Thats if the Inbound FOS allows him to work the dock.

I think I think too much.:hysterical: :smilie_132:

"but we have those 3-4 who just dont give a rats ***...I try to undo their mistakes" YOU MUST BE A HERO
we have 3 or 4 at 471 terminals add it up 1884 drivers who dont care, moreOVER you say you keep taking up the slack why?? the company has always taken care of the guy who whines, calls in sick all the time, and was taking those 10 sick days we used to get. and in general, lazy good for nothing and you know why because guys like your self were taking the whole enchilada right up the old pipe. If your into abuse thats great keep it up. But you had better take the lead in a different way and report those loads and the time it takes to reload to the higher ups because doing the twice job never produces profit like getting it done right the first time!!! be the man quit GOINGINCIRCLES
ROOSTER NUTS:nutkick: :funky: :chairshot:

You get new drivers that have not been around system they damage freight. They load more long boxes with less people on reship and people get in hurry to get home they damage freight. If they keep taking stuff away from the drivers there will probably more damage freight. Some people have no bussiness loading freight even some of our senior drivers and I don't see the people following the Ice program. Myself I thought the Ice program was a waste of time. Fos do not care about pride they worry about load average and if it gets out on time. Sorry if I sound negative but the truth hurts.

I think ClearBlack starts as city driver.
There is a loading sequence on the manifest of what gets loaded in the Nose,Center,Rear of peddle trailers. If an inbound dock guy is breaking a trailer and ends up with freight for the rear and the Nose and Center freight has not arrived at that door, he can dock it.

I think progressive loading applies more to outbound operation.

I think if he punches in P&D and jumps on a forklift to load his freight the way the manifest suggests would be cutting into the inbound dock numbers. He would have to swipe Kronos to Inbound dock to load his freight and than swipe Kronos to P&D to peddle it. Thats if the Inbound FOS allows him to work the dock.

I think I think too much.:hysterical: :smilie_132:

If the IB FOS won't let you rework it on "his" clock just peddle it in order screwball order that it was loaded. It may take 2-5Xs as long as if it were loaded right but screw it. we're paid by the hr. Just document the bad load on your P&D sheet so if/when they ask why you took so long the blame falls on IB.

I have done that before when given a mixed up load.

this needs to stop but supervisors allow it:chairshot:

I see drivers damaging freight all the time. Drivers need to start caring like it was their own freight they where handling. If something doesn’t change fast Conway will be like CF. BANKRUPT
Don't worry about it new guy. Things will be OK Stop watching so many Con-way movies. Con-way is like the US government. If we REALLY had a gas/diesel fuel shortage, they would do something about it.