XPO | 18 largest accounts being lost due to damage

the difference

Accounts have been coming and going from the get go? That’s the nature of the beast. What is different now?

the difference is with the economy right now there is very little new business to get if you do get new business it will not be new for the shipper it will just be off someone elses truck. You have to try to retain all business to keep you share of the market otherwise you get a reputation (like we have about the flex wheel) and no one will want to come on board, we already have a reputation for not wanting to give decent discounts so any other issues dont need to come up! get it !:butt kiss: :nutkick:

44 million of freight that is now rolling on another truck, se some drivers dont worry anymore now that they are high enough off the flex wheel and tend to forget where they come from and why they needed to change.
Those very drivers that are high enough off the flex wheel are the very ones who Con-way screwed by taking away the pension ECT.ECT.

the difference is with the economy right now there is very little new business to get if you do get new business it will not be new for the shipper it will just be off someone elses truck. You have to try to retain all business to keep you share of the market otherwise you get a reputation (like we have about the flex wheel) and no one will want to come on board, we already have a reputation for not wanting to give decent discounts so any other issues dont need to come up! get it !:butt kiss: :nutkick:
As I said earlier, if the loss of business was that significant, then Con-way would do something more than waste more money on brain washing videos.

OK

So are you saying they are PO at the Company and taking it out on our customers freight?

READING IT RIGHT? i WOULD NOT SAY THEY WOULD DO IT TO BE SPITEFUL IT IS HAPPENING DUE TO THE INCONSISTANT SUPERVISION AND THE LACK OF CONCENTRATION WHEN LOADING THE LOAD FACTOR KING OF THE HILL HAS GO TO STOP SOMEWHERE. WHEN A CUSTOMER HAS SAID DO NOT BREAKDOWN THAT IS WHAT THEY MEAN, WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE CUSTOMER IS RIGHT AND IT USED TO SAY ON THE CHECK ENVELOPES BROUGHT TO YOU BY YOUR CUSTOMERS.
BY ALL RIGHTS CONWAY SHOULD HAVE A REQUIREMENT THAT EVERYONE ,THE DAY THEY GET THEIR CHECK CALL A CUSTOMER AND THANK THEM. SINCERELY, ROOSTER N UTS:funky: :nutkick:

So are you saying they are PO at the Company and taking it out on our customers freight?

Why not?

I've lost the bulk of my vestment in this Company. All that remains is a job and senority.

If the Company closed its doors Thursday, I would not be even remotely as upset as I would have just 8 short months ago when I had a pension. At one time, paid health insurance was part of my retirement package.

Add 'em up and I bet you'll get over $45K a year. And if you think that the 401K contributions will come close, you are mistaken.

I wonder if they will even make 401K contributions in 2008.

Why not?

I've lost the bulk of my vestment in this Company. All that remains is a job and senority.

If the Company closed its doors Thursday, I would not be even remotely as upset as I would have just 8 short months ago when I had a pension. At one time, paid health insurance was part of my retirement package.

Add 'em up and I bet you'll get over $45K a year. And if you think that the 401K contributions will come close, you are mistaken.

I wonder if they will even make 401K contributions in 2008.
If that is what you are doing because you feel you are owed something then i truly feel sorry for you.

Part of the loading out of sequence skippy(Clearblack) is because as a CON-WAY DSR we are all following rules. GOT IT ! It's called "progressive loading", pay attention to your training. One more thing why aren't you loading a trailer? Are you busy holding up the building like most new drivers and being spoon fed their loads. Take charge and start loading instead of being non-productive standing there and critiquing other's work

Hey skippy:1036316054: I am a P&D driver...I punch @ 10am and by then my trailer is mostly loaded with my 1st stop in the nose and my last on the tail... Start drinking decaf and relax. If you only had a clue. Im new, so I guess I have something to prove..or at least that is my attitude. We have four motors, so its not like I can do much loading/unloading. So I mostly strip dunnage, and when needed, load/unload with a pallet jack. Just the other day, we had really late freight. When It came in, there was about 6 of us who jumped on the freight and made good time. But their was one senior DSR who striped HIS freight..then loaded HIS trailer and left us hanging. Out of those 6 guys, I was the busiest, had the most freight, and was looking at a 250 mile/17 stop run that day. I was last to leave, and those guys gave me that look of thanks...like good job FNG, way to look out for the rest of us.

So I guess I should do less...and start supporting the building structure, eh?? Good lord.

"but we have those 3-4 who just dont give a rats ***...I try to undo their mistakes" YOU MUST BE A HERO
we have 3 or 4 at 471 terminals add it up 1884 drivers who dont care, moreOVER you say you keep taking up the slack why?? the company has always taken care of the guy who whines, calls in sick all the time, and was taking those 10 sick days we used to get. and in general, lazy good for nothing and you know why because guys like your self were taking the whole enchilada right up the old pipe. If your into abuse thats great keep it up. But you had better take the lead in a different way and report those loads and the time it takes to reload to the higher ups because doing the twice job never produces profit like getting it done right the first time!!! be the man quit GOINGINCIRCLES
ROOSTER NUTS:nutkick: :funky: :chairshot:

Did I ever asked to be thanked for this or to be called a hero?? So by me fixing the mistakes on my trailer, and then helping another DSR recoupe a skid that was just loaded and not strapped....and then topples over as a result of this...this is taken the enchilada up the ***?? I feel sorry for you old timer..er, "rooster nuts" Keep up your good attitude

If the IB FOS won't let you rework it on "his" clock just peddle it in order screwball order that it was loaded. It may take 2-5Xs as long as if it were loaded right but screw it. we're paid by the hr. Just document the bad load on your P&D sheet so if/when they ask why you took so long the blame falls on IB.

I have done that before when given a mixed up load.

I know what you are suggesting, but that is not my way of dealing with things. I like to get the freight moved. If that means me doing things different than those 3-4 guys who dont care, then so be it. I report it to the FOS, they dont care, we all know it...but the freaight still needs to be moved.

If that is what you are doing because you feel you are owed something then i truly feel sorry for you.

It's an example. One attribute that I have kept through all of their screwing is that I still take pride in my work.

I worked P&D for a number of years...the fact is crap rolls down hill and the P&D dsr is at the bottom. They don't care how your run is laid out or how it's loaded. Hell they don't even care if you have directions to that residentual delivery, if they did they'd get them and the rest of the info you need when they called to advise the customer of the delivery. Wait til you get a 600,1000 or 2500 lb residentual and there is a note on the dr that says..."okay to leave shipment in the garage, get note off the door, thk".%@#*&^*!
Fact is the FOS is so worried about they're "numbers" that they throw over-all productivity out the window so they, i.e the I/B supervisor, can appear to be productive. I've saved the company countless dollars while working I/B by rearranging the routes I knew where screwed up...and what thanks did I get? I caught hell from fos due to time on I/B clock and from the csr cause the paperwork looked bad due to all the changes that had to be made. Finally I got the $h!ts of it and said F it if they don't care why should I. Then as soon as possible...I went to night line haul. Let them send 3 trailers onto the military base with one shipment each and still expect those 3 dsr to get the other 15+ stops off and take a lunch and make pick-ups. MORONS

YOU MAY BE FEELING SORRY FOR HIM BUT YOU WILL REALLY BE SORRY WHEN THE RETIREMENT CHECK COMES:chairshot:
As i have said in the past. I never planned on a retirement check from Conway much like i don't plan on S.S.being there when i leave. So no i won't be sorry. People who failed to plan for themselves will be the ones who are sorry.

all so true

Hey skippy:1036316054: I am a P&D driver...I punch @ 10am and by then my trailer is mostly loaded with my 1st stop in the nose and my last on the tail... Start drinking decaf and relax. If you only had a clue. Im new, so I guess I have something to prove..or at least that is my attitude. We have four motors, so its not like I can do much loading/unloading. So I mostly strip dunnage, and when needed, load/unload with a pallet jack. Just the other day, we had really late freight. When It came in, there was about 6 of us who jumped on the freight and made good time. But their was one senior DSR who striped HIS freight..then loaded HIS trailer and left us hanging. Out of those 6 guys, I was the busiest, had the most freight, and was looking at a 250 mile/17 stop run that day. I was last to leave, and those guys gave me that look of thanks...like good job FNG, way to look out for the rest of us.

So I guess I should do less...and start supporting the building structure, eh?? Good lord.

Did I ever asked to be thanked for this or to be called a hero?? So by me fixing the mistakes on my trailer, and then helping another DSR recoupe a skid that was just loaded and not strapped....and then topples over as a result of this...this is taken the enchilada up the ***?? I feel sorry for you old timer..er, "rooster nuts" Keep up your good attitude

I know what you are suggesting, but that is not my way of dealing with things. I like to get the freight moved. If that means me doing things different than those 3-4 guys who dont care, then so be it. I report it to the FOS, they dont care, we all know it...but the freaight still needs to be moved.

in the spirit of good leadership I am giving you a STAR CARD YOU ARE THE FIFTH STAR! keep it up clear black you are now my hero!! dont you see one person can only make so much of a dent conway has let these slacking lazy inbound dispatchers lay on their A@#$# too long call xgo report it every day if you have to. the managers are covering for these guys because they dont want to have to hire someone in for the job.
CONWAY DOES NOT OWE ANYONE A JOB GET IT INBOUND DISPATCH PERIOD IF YOU THINK DIFFERENT SAY SO STAND UP!
DONT LET THESE IDIOTS PUSH YOU AROUND GET THE RM INVOLVED AND STOP COVERING FOR THE CRAPPY LOADS PERIOD!! SINCERELY ROOSTER NUTS:butt kiss: :nutkick: :hysterical: