XPO | 1st in 1st out over Seniority Rules

xanl/h

TB Veteran
Credits
1st in 1st out over Seniority Rules. For vias you can let those junior drivers pass you when you get the reship the vias are now by seniority. So if there a late night via driver senior to you can take freight back to the barn and send you on that via.
Also if there is a couple vias senior driver chooses which one they want.

This may cause more confusion and alot more resentment than mngmt wants.:TR10driving03:

So the senior guy better not stop for his 15 minute safety break on the way to the FAC to prevent being passed?

This helps keep morale up, and it only requires a little effort on the FOS or fac dispatcher's part.

Know who's senior if not, ask and offer accordingly and go down the line. The only thing that can overule seniority would be HOS (hours of service) to make the run. (EG, a junior driver might start later and have more hours).
i know FOS's who do a great job of this, and i know some who are terrible at it, dont care about seniority gives it to whoever he sees at the moment or favors, doesnt care as long as runs are covered and he's covered.

those junior drivers trying hard to pass the sr drivers crap and getting rewarded for it was bullshit.

good decision mr John L.:thumbsup:

If a senior driver leaves with a via and while enroute, junior passes you ,it doesn't matter caused you via'd to you destination. You still hold seniority if there is a via back to your home domicle you don't have to do it.(2)You leave out stop for 30 minutes (meanwhile junior passes you) he gets there first so he gets out first.(3)I was told.that via's can't be forced down (to good ole junior)as long as the senior driver did't Via to his run/forgein terminal and the freight would have to be ready before they kick him(senior) out.Heck, keep a headlight with you and if he does pass you just tell'em you had to stop and put in a headlight.Some of yall must work with some disrespectful drivers .I was junior(not my first rodeo) running line haul beat plenty of senior drivers to my destinations but I always let them go first.I don't know if this helps or if I'm really on topic just trying to help.thks catch yall later

like i said it only takes little effort on the FOS/dispatchers part to find out who's senior and HOS issues. Communication and honesty is also key.

as a junior driver at a fac i was offered a good money making via (sought after) but i admitted that there was a senior driver who was here and probably wanted it. turns out he did and was grateful that i just didnt take it and run.

you reap what you sowe

one week i was a little lower on hours than usual and the senior driver let me have the good via to help me out. i doubt he would have done that if i had "stolen" his via earlier.

of course not everyone were going to work with is going to have the same level of honesty and fair game. i think they call this stuff integrity.

those type of drivers **** me off the ones who try to sneak out of work and try to do as little as possible, or try to arrive before you so they can leave earlier or get that via. the guys who go on break when they see a hand freight breakout or cherry pick breakouts. you all know the type.

Before being economically terminated in Dec., when I went to XCN everynight there were three of us that went. I was last in senoirity, we would work it out between ourselves and one would take one, one day and another the next.

Our fos did a good job of going by senority but if someone wanted a via he would let us work it out as long as we got there on time.

1st in 1st out over Seniority Rules. For vias you can let those junior drivers pass you when you get the reship the vias are now by seniority. So if there a late night via driver senior to you can take freight back to the barn and send you on that via.

This may cause more confusion and alot more resentment than mngmt wants.:TR10driving03:
Saw how good this is going to work on the first day the policy was enacted.Three guys from the same barn and a late via came up.This via would put the driver in heavy traffic on the way to ,and heavier traffic on the way home making the via a huge money loser. The first guy said no ,the second guy said no ,and the junior guy was forced to take it.It totally sucks the way the policy's pit driver against driver.XGO must sit back and laugh their *** off watching the chaos they create.

Saw how good this is going to work on the first day the policy was enacted.Three guys from the same barn and a late via came up.This via would put the driver in heavy traffic on the way to ,and heavier traffic on the way home making the via a huge money loser. The first guy said no ,the second guy said no ,and the junior guy was forced to take it.It totally sucks the way the policy's pit driver against driver.XGO must sit back and laugh their *** off watching the chaos they create.

Not sure how this pits driver against driver. I would think the last criteria Conway used accomplished that a lot quicker.

Consider the timing of this policy.

We were all "Junior" drivers at one time! It is now their turn to deal with it.

Wow,What a change.My terminal will have about 5/6 guys dispatching at the same time.Then you will see a couple run(yes run)to the truck to race down the highway.Then if they are close at the end sic run to the clock to be first.Its like watching kids run for candy.The TM's response is let them work it out.Which never happens.Its all cut throat bs.

I know of a few linehaul drivers at XAN that are hated because of they way the tried to regularly SCREW other employees concerning VIA'S etc. They are hated and being hated is not fun. They are morbid individuals with low self esteem. Ain't that right XAN/LH?

Gentlemen,,WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This new stupid policy has been put in place to have you think of something other than how we have all been screwed!!!!!!!!!And I agree senority rules and you should have a choice,and i am not junior as you are calling them,But think about this the top drivers should have a better choice after all the top guys have been stolen from the most....if I was a new driver i would feel better because i would of only lost 80 hours pay and 3%on my 401 instead of 200 hours pay at 23.55 an hr and 8% on my 401...BUT AT LEAST I CAN PASS THE VIA SO THAT MAKES ME IMPORTANT.!!!!!!!and dont forget u get to pick youre truck too,hopefully u work in the deep south or far west..because the trucks with A\C need to be moved to the warmer climates..the trucks without A\C(the old junks) will be north...make sure you know what 1999 is the best....Conway has counted on drivers being stupid children for a long time.just dangle something shiny in front of thier faces and they will forget what they were crying about!!!!!!!

Gentlemen,,WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This new stupid policy has been put in place to have you think of something other than how we have all been screwed!!!!!!!!!And I agree senority rules and you should have a choice,and i am not junior as you are calling them,But think about this the top drivers should have a better choice after all the top guys have been stolen from the most....if I was a new driver i would feel better because i would of only lost 80 hours pay and 3%on my 401 instead of 200 hours pay at 23.55 an hr and 8% on my 401...BUT AT LEAST I CAN PASS THE VIA SO THAT MAKES ME IMPORTANT.!!!!!!!and dont forget u get to pick youre truck too,hopefully u work in the deep south or far west..because the trucks with A\C need to be moved to the warmer climates..the trucks without A\C(the old junks) will be north...make sure you know what 1999 is the best....Conway has counted on drivers being stupid children for a long time.just dangle something shiny in front of thier faces and they will forget what they were crying about!!!!!!!

i think seniority should have been always the criteria, and the senior driver should be asked first and go on down the line if he refuses. Some terminals might have been playing favorites, or drivers were playing dirty and getting away with crap, so now it's official, seniority rules and go down the line.

i dont think there's an underlying conspiracy to distract us from the recent sacrifices.

There is only 1 driver at XAN that is a cry baby(I still talk with my old pals all the time there so I am very much in the loop). Hmm...I wonder if I can remember who it is? He would always cry to the FOS's at the different barns and especially at XAN and then try and butter up to the drivers he just tried to screw over. Hmm...it's getting closer now. As a matter of fact I heard about this guy talking about trucking boards in the break room.

I KNOW WHO HE IS NOW!! Do you know who I am talking about XAN/LH? I sent you a PM but got no response. I wonder why? Hmm........Come on Orlando won't mind.

Sounds like you have a personal vendetta that has nothing to do with Truckingboards.com or is directly related to issues discussed here.

Don't let me stop you, cat fights can be entertaining.

There is only 1 driver at XAN that is a cry baby(I still talk with my old pals all the time there so I am very much in the loop). Hmm...I wonder if I can remember who it is? He would always cry to the FOS's at the different barns and especially at XAN and then try and butter up to the drivers he just tried to screw over. Hmm...it's getting closer now. As a matter of fact I heard about this guy talking about trucking boards in the break room.

I KNOW WHO HE IS NOW!! Do you know who I am talking about XAN/LH? I sent you a PM but got no response. I wonder why? Hmm........Come on Orlando won't mind.
Sounds like you have a personal vendetta that has nothing to do with Truckingboards.com or is directly related to issues discussed here.

Don't let me stop you, cat fights can be entertaining.

Yep, help keep morale up

This helps keep morale up, and it only requires a little effort on the FOS or fac dispatcher's part.

Know who's senior if not, ask and offer accordingly and go down the line. The only thing that can overule seniority would be HOS (hours of service) to make the run. (EG, a junior driver might start later and have more hours).
i know FOS's who do a great job of this, and i know some who are terrible at it, dont care about seniority gives it to whoever he sees at the moment or favors, doesnt care as long as runs are covered and he's covered.

those junior drivers trying hard to pass the sr drivers crap and getting rewarded for it was bullshit.

good decision mr John L.:thumbsup:

The only reason they're doing this is to try to get us to forget the boneing we just took with our pay cut and 401k cuts. It only takes something like this to pacify the drivers who dont have a clue.

Yep....

Well said. They didnt do this out of the kindness of their hearts. It always should have been this way. They did it to make us forget about the cuts they just gave us.